Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mopar’s already geared up for 2018 Wrangler JL

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Oct 31, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Awesome interview with Mark Allen

#441 redriderbob, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    danbek, dmcdonald and UN4GTBL like this.
  2. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

I think those are the standard non-LED JL taillights, Suzq

3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Sport_Unlimited_Hardtop_RHD_001-646x431.jpg
    Sport non-LEDs

4b365e901df7b7fad7422041d69e2c4c.jpg

You're right... for some reason they looked narrower from where the light starts to the hood.

All Sport models have a full black grille... easy to see if its a Sport

K-9 likes this.
  4. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I liked the black grille on the JK but on the JL it just seems to hide the new shape of the grille. Interesting design choice though.

5. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Maybe the this photo posted by redriderbob, better to say one of several of the white with Mopar Performance Parts, answers your question about Dana 35 strength.

[​IMG]

For this vehicle there is a description published by FCA.
    "... Mopar-modified 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport ...
    BFGoodrich KO2 35-inch tires feature Mopar 17-inch “Gear” rims inspired by the shape and design of the all-new Jeep Performance Parts logo. Jeep Performance Parts tube steps and a 2-inch lift kit add off-road touches, and like its four-door counterpart, the two-door all-new Wrangler is also customized with the new spare tire tailgate hinge reinforcement, CHMSL light relocation kit and off-road LED lights.
    ..."
    FCA US Media - Mopar Premieres Pair of Customized All-new 2018 Jeep® Wrangler Vehicles at LA Auto Show (at http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18699&mid=1 )

And there also the suggested retail prices
    - 2" lift USD 1,495
    - JPP beadlock-capable wheels 17" with 12 mm offset USD 395 each
    - JPP unique rock rails USD 825 2 doors / USD 925 4 doors
    - roof rack USD 295
    FCA US Media - Press Kit: 2018 all-new Jeep Wrangler:Mopar Delivers More Than 200 New Jeep® Performance Parts and Accessories for All-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler (at http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18666&fIId=18673&mid=1 )

wilbur, UN4GTBL, GasAxe and 2 others like this.
  6. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

JK sorely missed a viable roof rack for lack of rain gutters, and integrity of the fiberglass top. At $295, this new one will be a bargain!

Ugh, at $395 each, Mopar continues its long tradition for offering great-looking wheels at twice the price of aftermarket options, making them a hard sell. Even top-quality, Jeep-specific AEV wheels are priced much less ($235) than that.

After having tried pretty much every truck tire I could think of, in my mind those BFG KO2 are the best multi use truck tire in the market today. That’s what I have on my JK now. Jeep would be smart to offer them as factory options.

The 2” Mopar lift is simply excellent; I have it on my JK as well. With JL now accepting 35” tires right out of the box, I’ll have to test the new factory suspension before deciding if I need a lift at all.

PS: Mopar will find it is illegal in many states for the tires to go past the fender line. Although not in California, where this is being displayed.

#446 aldo90731, Nov 30, 2017
    danbek, dmcdonald and MJAB like this.
  7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

8. LordHobbit

LordHobbit Active Member

I really like the door decal on that white sport. Looks great. Mopar accessory?

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

Yes. Great way too hide trail damage as well :D

Most likely, yes.

LordHobbit likes this.
  10. LordHobbit

LordHobbit Active Member

Good call, didn't think of that. Hopefully that low the sliders would protect from damage, but ...

11. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

BTW, that’s Arches National Park, near Moab, Utah, depicted on that decal.

It’d be super cool if Mopar offered National Park themed decals for Wranglers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#451 aldo90731, Nov 30, 2017
    danbek, wtxiceman, MJAB and 4 others like this.
  12. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

^Yeah, I really like that sticker on the side of the white JL

aldo90731 likes this.
  13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

Mopar Premieres Pair of Customized All-new 2018 Jeep® Wrangler Vehicles at LA Auto Show

• Two Mopar-modified, all-new 2018 Jeep® Wrangler vehicles on display during press days at Los Angeles Auto Show
    • Four-door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is enhanced for the off-road with Jeep Performance Parts tube doors, 2-inch lift kit, beadlock-equipped wheels, rock rails, LED off-road lights, snorkel and more
    • Mopar accessories, including tailgate table, vehicle graphics, roof rack and cargo carrier, add adventure-ready utility on two-door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
    • Mopar is launch-ready with 200-plus Jeep Performance Parts and accessories for all-new Wrangler
    • Lineup of Mopar products for all-new Wrangler is culmination of more than 100,000 hours of development, testing and validation
    November 30, 2017 , Los Angeles - Mopar is showcasing a selection of its 200-plus product portfolio for the all-new 2018 Jeep® Wrangler with a pair of personalized vehicles on display during press days at the LA Auto Show. The FCA US display at the Los Angeles Convention Center includes a four-door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and a two-door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport uniquely customized with a selection of Jeep Performance Parts and accessories from Mopar.

The Mopar brand’s new lineup for the all-new Jeep Wrangler, first teased in late October during the 2017 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, was created after more than 100,000 hours of development, validation and testing. Most of the 200-plus new Jeep Performance Parts and accessories from Mopar for the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler will be available when the vehicle arrives in dealerships.

“The Jeep Wrangler is one of the most versatile and customized vehicles in the industry,” said Pietro Gorlier, Head of Parts and Service (Mopar), FCA. “A total of 98 percent of Jeep Wrangler vehicles are typically outfitted with at least one of our products. We worked with the Jeep brand, engineers and designers to create an exclusive line of parts and accessories that perfectly match the new Jeep Wrangler, delivering unique functionality, style and factory-backed quality. The two customized vehicles at LA showcase our new product portfolio and empower owners to personalize the new Jeep Wrangler for extreme off-roading or for all-purpose lifestyle adventures.”

[​IMG]

Mopar-modified four-door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    An array of new Jeep Performance Parts and accessories pulled from the Mopar brand’s menu enhances the already legendary off-road capability of the four-door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

A set of 2-inch-round steel tube doors adds to the open-air freedom of the all-new Wrangler. The four-door’s eye-catching Mojito Green exterior, a production option, is protected by new Jeep Performance Parts rock rails that are thicker and wider than previous offerings and augmented with a new, grippier coating similar to that used on Ram Truck bedliners.

The production Rubicon front “Stubby” bumper assembly defends the Mopar satin black keystone-shaped grille from trail obstacles and features a water-resistant Mopar Warn winch kit with die cast construction and includes synthetic rope, a wired remote control and hawse fairlead.

The 2-inch lift kit raises the Rubicon for off-road clearance and works in conjunction with production high-top fender flares. BFGoodrich KM2 35-inch tires wrap around new Jeep Performance Parts beadlock-equipped 17-inch aluminum wheels that feature a 12 mm offset to accommodate oversize tires and help tackle off-road conditions.

New LED off-road lights, available in 5- and 7-inch applications, pump out a maximum of 8,000 lumens, putting commercial and military grade illumination into the hands of hard-core off-roaders. The off-road lights mount to the frame rails or windshield via new Jeep Performance Parts off-road light brackets. A new auxiliary switch bank, standard on the Rubicon and an available option for other trim levels, features its own power distribution center and offers an organized central area for operating accessories such as the off-road lights, winch and other electrical-powered items.

A Jeep Performance Parts snorkel embellished with the all-new Jeep Performance Parts badge attaches using a hood cutout kit and works in concert with a Mopar cold-air intake to feed cool air to the 3.6-liter engine and keep water out during deep-water crossings. The all-new Jeep Performance Parts badge is also a unique Mopar accessory that can be applied to toolboxes, Jeep exteriors and more.

The new spare tire tailgate hinge reinforcement is also stamped with the all-new Jeep Performance Parts badge and provides a rock-solid foundation for a spare tire carrier that mounts to the tailgate with strength enough to handle 37-inch tires. The new Mopar Center High-Mount Stop Light (CHMSL) light relocation kit keeps the brake light visible when using the spare tire carrier, without interfering in use of the rearview camera.

Interior customizations include redesigned Mopar Roadside Assistance and First Aid kits. Molle bags on the rear seatbacks allow for extra storage and new Mopar grab handles are now hard-secured with fasteners to the sport bars, offering increased grip.

Durable, all-weather floor mats fit like a glove and feature a new topographic design inspired by the rugged Moab trails. An integrated plug allows accumulated water and debris captured in the high-walled mats to be drained without removal. Katzkin leather seats are embroidered with the distinctive Jeep grille logo in Tungsten stitching. A screen protector, another first-ever Mopar product, protects and even enhances visibility of the 8.4-inch Uconnect system display.

[​IMG]

Mopar-modified 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
    Mopar accessories and Jeep Performance Parts work together to deliver go-anywhere, adventure-ready personality and fun utility for the two-door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport.

The Mopar roof rack — the first-ever for a Wrangler vehicle — is mounted to the hardtop and is accessorized with a cargo carrier that is added for transport of gear and equipment to fit any active lifestyle. Bicycle, ski and snowboard carriers are also available options.

The newly redesigned Mopar hardtop headliner enhances and insulates the interior while providing a quieter ride. The exterior of the white Wrangler stands out with new American-flag-themed hood graphics and silhouette bodyside graphics that mirror the famed Moab trails.

BFGoodrich KO2 35-inch tires feature Mopar 17-inch “Gear” rims inspired by the shape and design of the all-new Jeep Performance Parts logo. Jeep Performance Parts tube steps and a 2-inch lift kit add off-road touches, and like its four-door counterpart, the two-door all-new Wrangler is also customized with the new spare tire tailgate hinge reinforcement, CHMSL light relocation kit and off-road LED lights.

A first-ever Mopar tailgate table that can be mounted with or without the new production Trailrail system conveniently flips out to create a utility space and beverage holder and folds up for storage. Katzkin leather seats are embroidered with the distinctive Jeep grille logo.

The black fuel door, new from Mopar, has been redesigned to incorporate styling cues of the all-new Wrangler. Mopar doorsill guards, grab handles and all-weather floormats round out the Mopar accessories

The Mopar line of Jeep Performance Parts and accessories for the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler will be available for purchase when the Wrangler arrives in dealerships. For more information, visit www.Mopar.com/jpp.

FCA US Media

K-9 and UN4GTBL like this.
  14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]
    Mopar is showcasing a selection of its 200-plus product portfolio for the all-new 2018 Jeep® Wrangler with a pair of personalized vehicles on display during press days at the L.A Auto Show, including a four-door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

[​IMG]
    A set of 2-inch-round steel tube doors adds to the open-air freedom of the all-new Jeep® Wrangler.

[​IMG]
    New Jeep® Performance Parts beadlock-equipped 17-inch aluminum wheels feature a 12 mm offset to accommodate oversize tires and help tackle off-road conditions.

[​IMG]
    New Jeep® Performance Parts LED off-road lights are available in 5- and 7-inch applications for the all-new Jeep Wrangler and shine at a maximum of 8,000 lumens, putting commercial and military grade illumination into the hands of hard-core off-roaders.

[​IMG]
    A Jeep® Performance Parts snorkel embellished with the all-new Jeep Performance Parts badge attaches using a hood cutout kit and works in concert with a Mopar cold-air intake to feed cool air to the 3.6-liter engine.

[​IMG]
    The off-road capability of the four-door 2018 Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon is enhanced with an array of new Jeep Performance Parts and accessories pulled from the Mopar brand’s menu, including LED off-road lights, a 2-inch lift kit and a Mopar Warn winch kit.

[​IMG]
    The Mopar roof rack — the first-ever for a Wrangler vehicle — is mounted to the hardtop of the all-new 2018 Jeep® Wrangler Sport and is accessorized with a cargo carrier added for transport of equipment and gear to fit any active lifestyle.

[​IMG]
    The Mopar-modified 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport on display at the LA Auto Show stands out with new American-flag-themed hood graphics and silhouette bodyside graphics (pictured) that mirror the famed Moab trails.

15. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

I'm having issues with the Dana 35 on my stock XJ Cherokee.
    I would not want to touch a much heavier JL with any kind of Dana 35 on it.

16. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

I am with you there. I am giving FCA the benefit of the doubt. But I can sit on my D44-equipped JK for a couple years, to hear the stories of actual owners mounting 35" tires on their D35-equipped JLs.

17. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

For the life of me I can't understand why FCA agreed to reuse the Dana axle codes/names when they are completely different Axles. I hope they haven't been reading Allpar and thought we would applaud their keeping of the name equity by doing so. In this case simply using new upgraded code names like D50 D60 would have put everyone at ease over the strength of the axles. If you look at some of the information on the AdvanTEK axles these are based upon you will see that they are designed to maximize efficiency and durability.

18. Stomper

Stomper Well-Known Member

I don't think the D35 under the JL is the same as the one under your XJ. Manufacturer's conduct durability testing on vehicles before they go into production. If those tests are not passed then changes are made before the vehicle is produced.

ScramFan likes this.
  19. Stomper

Stomper Well-Known Member

I am struggling to understand your point. You seem to have said that the D44 should be standard on the JL so that owners can equip them with larger tires and not have to upgrade the axle. If equipping all of the JL models with a D44 was within the parameters of the program I that would have been done. If owners decide to modify their vehicle without doing any research and there are issues after those modifications how is it the fault of FCA??

ScramFan likes this.
  20. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

As discussed, it's the same in name only everything else about those two axles is different. So, yes, you are correct.