Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mopar’s revamped warranties (updated)

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Hangout' started by Dave Z, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Chrysler’s extended warranty service, now dubbed Mopar Vehicle Protection (MVP), recently changed its plans.

The Mopar “Complete 360” plans, replacing Total Care, come in two terms: five years or 60,000 miles, and six years or 75,000 miles, whichever comes first. These include mechanical coverage “bumper to bumper,” with free scheduled maintenance (parts and service), and, possibly unique in the market, coverage for mechanical wear and tear right down to the pads and rotors (and battery and clutch).

[​IMG]

These plans include first-day and extended car rental allowance while the vehicle is being repaired, $100 towing and roadside assistance, trip interruption protection, and key fob coverage. An “all in” option covers two worn tires, with road hazard tire and wheel protection; and even repairs for minor dings, dents, glass chips and cracks, and rips and tears to interior seats, carpet and trim.

The Lifetime Maximum Care plan continues: it goes bumper to bumper plan for the first owners, has no time or mile limits, and includes a period of towing/roadside assistance.

Like most (if not all) unlimited-term plans, these allow the company to buy back the car at market value if a single repair costs more than the value of the car — something unlikely for quite a few years.

“Essential care” plans continue, such as a $170 six-year/12-coupon oil/filter/lube setup. Synthetic and diesel plans are available. All plans are sold at dealerships, and customers can buy from any dealership, not just the one their cars were purchased from. For details, see their site.

Read the whole post here.

#1 Dave Z, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. floridaman2013

floridaman2013 Active Member

Sounds like a better deal to me; like the lifetime maximum care plan as a lot of dealers already give this type of warranty already.

3. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

They should also offer a 5 year 100K and 6 year 120K options for us high mileage drivers.

4. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Lifetime plan, Scott. I'm on one though haven't used it yet.

5. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

For some reason that didn't register when I first read the article. Thanks for pointing it out. :)