Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mopar accessories keep our Journey up to date

Discussion in 'Dodge Journey' started by hmk123, Sep 21, 2016.

1. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Two years ago we added Mopar's backup camera and the UConnect module to our 2009 base Journey SE. I really appreciate that the built-in radio already had all the necessary buttons for U-Connect. I also added the iPod interface. It is amazing, due to these upgrades this inexpensive 8 years old vehicle with almost 90k of miles feels up to date.

MPE426HEMI likes this.
  2. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

How much did it cost to add the Uconnect? My wife inquired with our servicing dealer and we were quoted $900 to install Uconnect in our '10 Journey SXT. I wouldn't exactly call that inexpensive.

3. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Sorry, with inexpensive I meant the car itself (< $20k). I know, adding accessories later is not cheap. The UConnect retailed at $368 but I got a discount and paid $248. And then another $290 for install. So around $540 in my case. I didn't realize that the iPod adapter was a separate part and got that installed later which added to the cost. I assume if one does that right away it is cheaper (part of the original install). I think that part is around $50 and I paid for another hour of install.

4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

I installed Mopar remote start and the Hands-free module for a cell phone link in my wife's '11 Liberty. She had the correct radio for it.
    I still needed a visit to the dealer service dept. to add the sales codes to enable the new accessories.
    The remote start kit came with 2 new keys with the start button. They had to be cut and programmed.
    Still in all, it was a clean installation with no need for an extra fob on the key chain. Wiring was all a matter of plugging into the existing harness with the addition of an antenna and hood tamper switch.

5. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

Was in the back up camera the "in mirror" one they offer?

6. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Ours got installed at the A-pillar. It is a small 5" one. But better than not having one.

MPE426HEMI likes this.
  7. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

I wanted one for my Patriot, however it wasn't available. I was trying to track down the Mopar parts needed to just do a factory install on my 430 radio, but it, for some reason, seems impossible. All they could offer was the rear view mirror type. I already got a rear view mirror and don't want to pay for another one. Lol