AF: Mopar Memories | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mopar Memories

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by Ron9969, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Ron9969

Ron9969 Member

My dad bracket raced this car in 1970? I was like six years old and he won lots of trophies with it. Funny thing is he didn't own it. Some tire shop owned this and I'm not sure how my dad got to use it.
    My dad once told me this car was a hyper pac 6. I think he said something about an aluminum block/head and a four-barrel carb. it had the push-button transmission. I once found a paper saying it set some kind of class record but it's gone now. My dad just changed the oil and adjusted the valves. He raced at Phoenix dragway, I think that was the name. I would watch my dad take off and usually his opponent was in a much faster car and would red light half the time watching this car disappear down the track. I think it ran 14 flat in the quarter-mile.
    I tried to drag some photos from files but it isn't working here.

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  2. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Click files under 125 or less size.
    No dragging!!

3. Ron9969

Ron9969 Member

I don't get it. I even had my teenage son take a crack at it. I have these pictures in my email. I sent them there from my phone. I downloaded them to my files and none of this seems accessible. I can click on the email or the file and they appear. But I can't seem to make load here. I tried clicking on the link symbol and on the image symbol. usually, if something is in a file I can click on the link and export them. Maybe I can send them to someone?

4. Ron9969

Ron9969 Member

5. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I use a third party hosting site and link to them. I’ll private message my email.

6. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Use the “more options” button lower right.
    Just copy and paste picture from clipboard.

wolfsblood07 likes this.
  7. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

I use the website Imgur to host and post pics, works great and is free :)

8. valiant67

valiant67 ...

9. valiant67

valiant67 ...

10. valiant67

valiant67 ...

11. Ron9969

Ron9969 Member

Thanks for making these pictures post for me. At the time my dad was racing this he worked at a Dodge dealer in Phoenix as a mechanic. He made extra money by bringing home new cars and installing under dash hung on AC. He made 40 bucks for each install. I guess many new cars didn't have factory AC back then. My mom would help my dad do this and together they could install an AC unit in 45 Minutes.
    One time my dad came home with an Orange Challenger with a 440 with three two barrels and a pistol grip four-speed. He installed the AC then took it to the drags. Any car my dad took home also guaranteed a "test drive" where I would go along and urge him to burn rubber across intersections. My dad later worked his way through the ranks and became a service manager and was a Chrysler factory rep around 1974?
    From the time I was a little kid my dad worked in the car business and always drove a new demo. I grew up driving around in many different new cars. As a car nut, this was my dad living the American dream.

12. 06PTElectricBlue

Is that your dad in the first pic, and you in the other two?

13. Ron9969

Ron9969 Member

20200419_173023.jpg
    That's my Dad washing the car. The other photos are me and my older sister. My dad in his greaser prime is on an old 8mm film my dad put onto a disk. I was thinking of putting this on YouTube but my dad put music on it and I'm not really tech-savvy as my photo posting shows. But this is old drag racing stuff when my dad was racing A-gas with his 40 Willys. it does have the little red express riding wheelies and Don Garlits in a swamp rat on it.
    My dad was a Chevy guy at first and he told me of watching Dodges win a lot of races. There's photos somewhere of these cars, The Lawman? The Professor? I think these cars had Hemis or the 413 wedges in them.
    My dad passed away just a while back and I was just going over fond memories of him and thought I should post some pictures. View attachment 30673

14. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

My Chrysler interest is of memories from the 60s/70s also.
    Not so much the current company.

15. 06PTElectricBlue

I hope you have good, fond memories of your Dad. Growing up, you just think that your parents will always be there, then one day you look up, and they're gone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Ron9969

Ron9969 Member

This is from 1970. My dad worked at Dodge dealers in the seventies and was a factory rep in the early seventies. I washed cars at a Dodge dealer in high school in the late seventies. I'm glad you like this stuff.