AF: Mopar Norm RIP | Page 12 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mopar Norm RIP

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by JTE, Jun 17, 2015.

1. TommyDodge

TommyDodge Well-Known Member

I first became acquainted with Norm by way of his sweptline forum where I posted as DB69. I enjoyed the exchange of emails with him when he found out I was into Dodge History going back to
    The Dodge Brothers John and Horace.. I would have to say that he was probably just about my closest friend.
    I find it difficult to express the sadness I feel. Thanks for being my friend MoparNorm! I will certainly never forget you, nor will I find as good a friend as you! RIP...

2. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

Speaking of...............where IS Bob_Sheaves these days? I realized that he and Norm were brothers from a different mother in that both men were knowledgeable and prickly but, even if Bob was mad over something here on Allpar, I figured that he'd still pop in here and say something.

3. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

He always sticked with his opinion, no matter if he knew he was wrong or made a mistake with his opinions he was still tough with his arguments,
    a true enthusiast and a lover of the OLD Chrysler.

UN4GTBL and guyverfanatic like this.
  4. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Somebody must be able to contact his family to tell them to have look of how many people loved him, and to read those kind words to him, and yes I also think Allpar should send a letter to the heads of Chrysler and Mopar telling them what happened, he deseves that honor, we most have something coming from Chrysler.

UN4GTBL, GasAxe, FreeLantz and 4 others like this.
  5. redhed

Level III Supporter

ya know...i got to thinkin'. allpar without mopar norm...is like "CHEERS" without norm. it just won't be the same around here! on occasion i had brief "run ins" with norm on these forums, mainly because i felt like he wore rose colored glasses in respect to dodge/ram trucks. nonetheless there was no doubt about his passion for those trucks and jeeps! never met him, but will certainly miss him here!

tlc, Prabhjot, Doug D and 2 others like this.
  6. DurangoDon

DurangoDon Active Member

When I saw Norm's avatar in a thread (and that was many times), I would take the time to read most of the topic. Prayers for Norm's family.

UN4GTBL, saltydog and Zagnut27 like this.
  7. koussevitzky

koussevitzky Active Member

Norm was the standard to measure all Jeepers. To me, he always will.

aldo90731, Jeepnut and Zagnut27 like this.
  8. Jillian Layton

Jillian Layton New Member

Hi, I'm Jillian, Norm's youngest daughter... I just wanted to express my sincere appreciation from everyone and all of the wonderful tributes to my dad. My whole family has been thrilled by this outpouring of love and to know that he impacted so many lives in such a wonderful way. Thank you for making such a sad and heartbreaking time a little bit easier to deal with.

9. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Mr Source, we are all brothers in this world and I know, Norm understood that and when he and I, you and he, or he and other's disagreed, if it came from a true sense of passion, like Norm, he was ok with that.

MoparDanno, GasAxe, FreeLantz and 4 others like this.
  10. zack_falcon

zack_falcon Active Member

Ditto. Both him and Bob Sheaves are, for the short time I've been here, the people I learned most from.

I was pretty joyful when I got a like from MoparNorm. Something about upgrading a car to a "Jeep" and taking components out of a Jeep to make a "car". That's gonna stay with me like a badge or something.

11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yeah, I kind of felt the same way. Don't remember the post now, but it felt like I was part of a club or something! Lol

UN4GTBL, zack_falcon and Jeepnut like this.
  12. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Jillian - my condolences on the loss of your father. He spoke so well of his family here. A good man.

UN4GTBL, JKU12, FreeLantz and 16 others like this.
  13. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Jillian, you most be proud of your father, everyone is going to miss him.
    My condolences to you and your family, se lost a great friend.

#233 Mr.Source, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    UN4GTBL, djsamuel, tlc and 5 others like this.
  14. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Is there a chance to read his latests posts, can somebody paste them?

15. Jillian Layton

Jillian Layton New Member

he was 65

16. sirgrant

sirgrant New Member

RIP Norm, i will miss your passion and humor . You will survive on these pages as the last true jeeper

17. drew54

drew54 Well-Known Member

Jillian,
    I am so sorry for your loss.

We loved your father and he lives on in a lot of our hearts. He impacted so many of us and I will never see a Jeep and not think of Norm.

UN4GTBL, y2kyamr6, BASONE88 and 5 others like this.
  18. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

65, way too soon for a spirit like Norm.

19. Mopar Jerry

Level III Supporter

Good morning. Jillian my condolences to you & your family for loss of your father, only time will help heal the pain & anger you all must be feeling. I didn't personally know your dad but strangely enough thought of him as a friend he just had that way about him. Thank you for acknowledging the fine people here & take care of yourselves. Your dad will be greatly missed by all. mopar always

20. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Hi Jillian, condolences to your family. Norm meant a lot to everyone in this community. I'm one of the smaller posters here but I can't explain the valuable asset that Norm was. He'll be truly truly missed.

Here's a link to some of his latest posts.
    https://www.allpar.com/forums/search/229252/

Mr.Source likes this.