AF: Mopar Norm RIP | Page 15 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mopar Norm RIP

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by JTE, Jun 17, 2015.

1. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

Thanks MoparTina for the follow-up. He talked about you as if you were the world itself!

You are lucky to be Norm's wife. He was one heck of a guy.

UN4GTBL and TommyDodge like this.
  2. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

Thank you for those inspiring and kind words Tina, and our hearts go out to you and Norm's family. God bless you, and keep you until the time he calls you home. Until then, Norm will be watching from the trails in the sky, probably from a heavily modified Wrangler!

3. con383

con383 Well-Known Member

My condolences Mrs Mopar Tina :(

4. TommyDodge

TommyDodge Well-Known Member

I cannot help stopping and reflecting as I read the posts on this thread, and thinking about how each and every one of us who has posted on this thread, have been fortunate
    about how MoparTina, and the entire Layton family shared Mopar Norm with all of us, and how some of us knew Norm more than others and about the diverse ways that we knew him.
    From his sweptline forum, to Allpar, The Power wagon forum, The Chrysler CAB, and some like me, all of the above, and to those who were more fortunate yet, Those that met him in person.
    The really great thing is not only did he love Jeep, but had a great love and also knowledge of Dodge going all the way back to the Dodge Brothers. He and I had many exchanges about Dodge
    and I treasure those greatly and will miss them as much as I miss Norm.
    This is no reflection on anyone here on Allpar's forum, but there is nobody who has a love of Dodge history than I do. I sure appreciate everyone's thoughts of our friend!
    TommyDodge

Prabhjot, BASONE88, y2kyamr6 and 6 others like this.
  5. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

I also love Dodge history

danbek and TommyDodge like this.
  6. con383

con383 Well-Known Member

This forum has had its ups and downs but we are all brothers and sisters with the same common goal.... Love For all things MOPAR,! When one of us falls then its a great loss not only to family and friendship but the knowledge that is lost with it.

danbek, GasAxe, MoparDanno and 13 others like this.
  7. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

As I reflect on this whole tragic event, I believe Norm has just brought all of here at Allpar a little closer together. I know as he looks at us from that Jeep trail up in heaven he would want that.
    As I refect on Norm I extend a hardy 'Jeep Wave' to all of you here at Allpar and to all of Norm's family.
    God bless all of you.

Zagnut27, danbek, Bill Sample and 6 others like this.
  8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Wow! I haven't been on in quite awhile. Sorry to hear about the loss of Norm. He will be missed greatly.

Jeepnut and aldo90731 like this.
  9. WXman

WXman Active Member

Seems like that avatar popped up in every thread somewhere. It's a shock to not see it anymore. He sure was passionate about Jeeps. If we had people like him in the front office we might get some decent products out of this company again. RIP Norm.

10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I agree.

Though it's even more of a shock when it does pop up.

People like Norm were needed as a counterbalance... and of course his willingness to help people and his skill in prepping off-road vehicles for racing will be missed as well.

Prabhjot, LeeRyder, HotCarNut and 3 others like this.
  11. drew54

drew54 Well-Known Member

12. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper

The 4540 Motorsports page on Facebook posted an update earlier:

13. dodgeatheart

dodgeatheart Not THAT guy again!

Good to know they're keeping on going. I'm sure Norm wouldn't have it any other way. Good luck, 4540.

HotCarNut, y2kyamr6, djsamuel and 4 others like this.
  14. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

So sad to hear this news.
    My heart goes out to his friends and loved ones.
    He was such a cool guy.. I will miss him.
    Norm was AllPar's heart and soul.

#294 LeeRyder, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  15. eaglecars

eaglecars Well-Known Member

Thank you Tina and Jillian. I never got to know anyone on this forum personally, but I have been browsing and posting on this site for over a decade and recognize a lot of names and faces on here. Norm was definitely a guy I already recognized and respected and liked, and it is clear from all of the moving testimonials y'all have given that he was a very inspirational person who touched many of our lives. I will certainly pray for you and will miss Norm greatly. God's blessings continue beyond the grave and we will all meet again in glory.

16. Glacial

Glacial Active Member

Heartbroken to hear the news. Norm was one of the pillars of this community and an absolute pleasure (and education) to read. Even when you didn't agree with what he said, you knew he was speaking from deep passion and deeper knowledge of the subject.

RIP. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Prabhjot, LeeRyder and aldo90731 like this.
  17. md80891

md80891 Active Member

My first chance to check in in awhile only to see this terrible news. Hoped and prayers to his family.

Norm was a staple here and I enjoyed his opinions and insight. This is a terrible loss.

HotCarNut, LeeRyder and aldo90731 like this.
  18. md80891

md80891 Active Member

What is needed now if they could build it to his specs is a Jeep NJ platform or Norm Johnson/ MN edition.

19. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Late to this, and I'm sorry.

I sparred with Norm off and on for what seems like years and years, but I always greatly esteemed his knowledge, honesty, and passion. Requiescat In Pace, friend.

20. Robert J Sublett

Robert J Sublett Well-Known Member

Hate to hear this. When I first showed up here back in 2012, he was most welcoming and I always looked forward to new posts as we waited to see what the NASCAR outcome was going to be. I was only here a short time but I know how important he was to this community. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Norm

LeeRyder, Mopartial, Prabhjot and 3 others like this.