NewsDemon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon • Ram Longhorn to match trailers

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mopar part number '04 R/T rear hub and bearing

Discussion in 'Neon' started by 71Charger_fan, Mar 3, 2017.

1. 71Charger_fan

71Charger_fan Member

Does anyone have access to the parts book to look up the Mopar part number for a rear hub and bearing for a 2004 R/T. I looked at the diagrams at Stevewhiteparts.com, but the only one listed says for drum brakes. It's likely discontinued, but, I'm sure if I have the part number, I can find a couple on the interwebs. If they're not too much more expensive than aftermarket, I prefer to use Mopar parts. Especially to replace wear parts like this that have held up so well from the factory.

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

On rear disc brakes w/ABS, the bearing/hub assembly is Mopar part # 4509767.
    The same part is used on the rear of the PT Cruiser. Left and right sides are the same.
    The Mopar part number is still the most accurate way to cross-reference the correct replacement part:
    Hub & Bearing, RIGHT for 2004 Dodge Neon|4509767 : Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Original Parts - SteveWhiteParts.com (at http://www.stevewhiteparts.com/dodge/neon/4509767/2004-year/r-t-trim/2-0l-l4-gas-engine/brakes-cat/rear-brakes-scat/?part_name=hub-and-bearing&position=right )

3. 71Charger_fan

71Charger_fan Member

I'm confused. It says disc brakes without ABS. I thought the R/T model had ABS. I've been driving this thing for almost 13 years and suddenly realize I don't know if I have ABS or not. The Rockauto listings don't differentiate between disc/drum or ABS/non ABS.

4. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

The catalog listing and images online can be confusing because most of it is 'generic' information. Some images even showed the old 4-stud wheel hub and a drum.
    Rest assured that all Neon R/T and SRT-4 had rear discs. All rear disc brake Neons had 4-wheel Teves Mark 20e ABS.
    The 2004 Neon (PL) Mopar parts catalog is here. See figure 5-210; item # 16 for your part:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD4/02-05/04pl.PDF
    The '0' in front of the part # 4509767 is unnecessary.

71Charger_fan likes this.
  5. 71Charger_fan

71Charger_fan Member

Thanks a lot, especially for that link to the Neon parts catalog. I've thought about replacing it a few times, but I love that car and will drive it until it just won't go anymore. I had to scour the web to find a Mopar muffler for it when the original finally gave up the ghost and Chrysler had by then discontinued them. I couldn't find an aftermarket dual outlet to fit a Neon with a rear sway bar. I bought a Magnaflow, but it didn't fit and sold it for $100.