AF: Mopar Performance Reproduction Oval Air Filters | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mopar Performance Reproduction Oval Air Filters

Discussion in 'All other classic cars' started by James Barnes, May 21, 2020.

1. James Barnes

James Barnes New Member

I am fitting EFI to my Chrysler 440 that is fitted to my Jensen Interceptor.

My attention has turned to the air filter. Some Jensen Interceptor’s had Six Pack engines and oval air filters which I like the look of. But I have a single throttle body .... so I am toying with the idea of a Mopar Performance, Reproduction, 69 Ram Charger Air Grabber setup as a starting point. The issue is the Air Grabber type, I don’t have An Air Grabber hood. On the non Fresh Air Six Pack Air Filter (as fitted to the Jensen’s) they fitted a front Water dam to stop water ingestion, rain flowing through the radiator was being sucked into the engine.

Mopar Performance is selling both these Reproduction items as #4529057 & #121-AG440. I am thinking that the Water Dam is a separate pressing that is welded to the base plate. It could be mounted on the four barrel base plate. These are new reproduction parts that Mopar Performance is selling, but I doubt that Chrysler are making them! My guess is that they are made by an independent company and sold by MP under some form of licensing agreement.

Does anyone know how I can find out who is actually making the air filters?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  2. Scrounge

Scrounge Got parts?

I don't think you'll find an OEM filter, or its parts store paper equivalent. You might find the more expensive K&N filter at Summit or Jegs.

Someone else can verify or correct, but I recall being told that a large enough round filter would work, if the sides were straightened.

3. James Barnes

James Barnes New Member

Err ... thanks Scrounge, but I don't think we are quite on the same page here.

I am talking about the vertical metal pressing that can be seen welded to the base plate of the "Non Fresh Air" version of the Six Pack base plate. I want to get hold of one of those and weld it to a four barrel base plate.

To do that I need to know who is Pressing/Making these parts? Who is actually making these reproduction Air Filters?

Have a look at this photo it may give you a better idea of what I am talking about:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Filter isn't the issue that it once was ... you can get them from Dante's Motor Parts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#3 James Barnes, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
  4. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Some suppliers sell parts only to Mopar, others sell the similar products under their own brand. Since I’ve not seen this assembly sold anywhere else, I’m guessing they don’t sell outside the Mopar channel. It looks like something a good metal man could fabricate.

5. James Barnes

James Barnes New Member

Valiant67 You May be correct And I might have to try and make one up ..... just wish I had a pattern. I note that Jim’s Auto Parts sell these units as do Classic Industries .. but nobody is saying who makes them?

6. valiant67

valiant67 ...

The key is the part number.
    The repop assemblies have a Mopar Performance part number P4529057AB. Someone makes them for Mopar but likely does so only to sell through Mopar and their outlets (due to licensing agreements).