NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More RWD Coming: Pomigliano freed up for Alfa(maybe Dodge,Jeep)

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Alexbucks, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Alexbucks

Alexbucks Member

Given what Pomigliano has done in the past volume-wise, this lines up with the Alfa-Dodge relationship and the time line (Cassino not enough?).In addition more Jeep production in International Markets.
    Giorgio,Giorgio,Giorgio(and derivatives)!
    Fiat Said to Mull Panda Shift to Poland for ‘Made in Italy' Alfa (at https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-06/fiat-said-to-mull-panda-shift-to-poland-for-made-in-italy-alfa )

2. KrisW

KrisW Member

Pomigliano only recently changed to FIAT production. For most of its history, it has been an Alfa Romeo production location, going back as far as the original Alfa Sud.

I think Cassino's capacity is in the 1200-1500 cars per day range, so the three Alfa models currently built there should not be taxing the plant - remember Alfa has a total target of 400k/year from all models combined. But if rumors of the plant also producing a Stelvio-variant wearing an American badge are true, then that would use the rest of the capactity.

AlfaCuda and Prabhjot like this.
  3. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Member

I'm wondering if this means the next generation Giulietta will somehow morph into a CUV.

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Last I heard it was still planned to be car, not a crossover.

Mike

jerseyjoe and CivoLee like this.
  5. Alexbucks

Alexbucks Member

Funny how Sergio haters are non-existence in discussion;).

tomaz, Prabhjot and ScramFan like this.
  6. FGA cheerleader

FGA cheerleader Member

Something is interesting in that plan and I believe that Sergio's words are misinterpreted.

They are not forgetting cars but crossover version will very likely come before hatch or sedan and for some time we could very easily stay without Alfa hatch in C-segment.

But for me more interesting is Giorgio. Can there be any Italian build Giorgio cars for Europe which are not Alfas? Is Grand Cherokee going Giorgio? What about next generation Cherokee? IMO, they will need to differentiate it more to Compass.
    Interesting things are coming. We'll see what will happen.

AlfaCuda and Mike V. like this.
  7. Alexbucks

Alexbucks Member

I believe Dodge(the Alfa
    Based generation)is now a Global brand after Jeep-Alfa gets established.

8. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

I can certainly see that since the Viper and Hellcats (recently speaking) certainly laid groundwork for the desire for Dodges worldwide.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. FGA cheerleader

FGA cheerleader Member

Very unlikely. Chinese does not like sport or sporty at all. They are more at crossovers than anyone else. Europe does not need Dodge.
    But you can export Dodge to Middle East same as they are now doing. Actually they will now sold new Pacifica there but not in Europe.
    This does not mean that I don't see maybe a some Dodge Italian twin at sale in Europe. Who knows what will happen.

ScramFan likes this.
  10. Muther

Muther Active Member

To find justification for that statement, all you have to do is go to Amazon Prime Video, and watch the episode of "The Grand Tour" where they take an Aston Martin, a Rolls Royce (both cars with lots and lots of clout)...

and. Hellcat Challenger, on an old fashioned Italian grand tour. At one point they roll through a crowd, the crowd practically pushes the Aston and the Rolls, out of the way, so they can get to the Hellcat. The crowd's enthusiasm for the Hellcat was palpable. It was almost something you could touch and feel. Granted, this was Italy, and the Rolls and the Aston are (quasi) British cars, and the Hellcat definitly has friends in Italy now.

11. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Performance is a universal language (except in China, I guess:rolleyes:).

Detonator Yellow likes this.
  12. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

I expect at least three Dodge vehicles to be on Giorgio sometime in the not so distant future. Jeep, I just don't know yet.

Mike

djsamuel and AlfaCuda like this.
  13. FGA cheerleader

FGA cheerleader Member

14. Morty

Morty Member

Manley indicated as much in Geneva.

15. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator