NewsKeeping the (valve lift) pressure up • Behind the Jeep/Ram spinoff chatter • Demon to beat Exorcist?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More RWD Coming: Pomigliano freed up for Alfa(maybe Dodge,Jeep)

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Alexbucks, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

It's a few hundred dollars for the government fee and a few thousand for the lawyer's time. However, it has to be in active use!

freshforged likes this.
  2. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Gonna name rocks and display them on youtube in various locations.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  3. Dave Z

Active use in commerce. You can name a rock “Duster” and sell it on eBay and you can trademark it in its own category of pets. Nissan may or may not dispute your trademark but chances are they can’t.

4. Dave Z

Hey, what gives? Old Chrysler names "borrowed" by other makers (at http://www.allpar.com/names.html )
    And this is largely because Chrysler is lazy about keeping old names trademarked, presumably because they always say “We sucked back then and we’ll never want to go back.” You know,

• We sucked when we made Maxwells
    • We sucked when we made those dumb old four cylinder renamed Maxwells
    • We sucked when we made those slow flathead six cylindercars
    • We sucked with those crazy heavy Hemis
    • We sucked with those stupid overstyled rustbuckets of the 1950s
    • We sucked with those stupid fuselage styled boats before we got the 426 Hemi
    • We sucked when we made those land yachts that got 8 mpg
    • We sucked when we made a million varieties of K-car
    • We sucked when we made those goofy smiley-faced girly Neons
    • We sucked when we made those barebones stripper-interior cheap-[I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] Daimler cars
    • We sucked when we made those cheap crapmobiles in Cerberus days
    • [Still to come] We sucked when we made those Italian imports
    Chrysler has got to be the most self-hating company I’ve ever seen. The company motto should be “That’s so last fad.”

Ford celebrates its heritage even though its heritage is usually “We made the most unsafe, cheap-[I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] piece of crap on the road” or “We cheated our way in.”

Mercedes celebrates its heritage even though it’s almost all lies. “We made the first car [only a few decades after the actual first car], the first truck [only a few decades after the first truck], and the first beehive valve arrangement [only a few years late].”

Chrysler sometimes celebrates its heritage, but it has to be its way way back heritage. Things they consider good: Walter P. Chrysler (without getting into details), the Dodge brothers (recently, and without details), and the 426 Hemi, and sometimes the 392 Hemi. Everything else — crap!

I only vent all this as an explanation of why the Duster name was allowed to go away, along with so many others.

DAGAR, jerseyjoe, somber and 5 others like this.
  5. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

6. ramajama

ramajama Member

LMAO!!
    But, but, but..Humans are terrible drivers and we MUST save ourselves from...ourselves....

7. freshforged

freshforged Active Member Level 2 Supporter

Those people who have no desire, inclination or aptitude for driving really do need to have someone else do it for them for all our sakes. If they can't afford a chauffeur and refuse to use public transportation then perhaps a self driving car is the answer.

DAGAR, somber, nitroram33 and 2 others like this.
  8. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

I gotta say if you can afford an autonomous Tesla you could afford a chauffeur.

dakota21 likes this.
  9. freshforged

Not talking Tesla--what comes after.

10. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Active Member

Edison?

11. freshforged

George Westinghouse

superduckie5000 likes this.
  12. ramajama

ramajama Member

You mean all four of them? Really man? Come on. :confused:

13. freshforged

When you see as many people not paying attention not giving a poopies and not knowing that it makes any difference on a daily bassis as I do self driving cars make sense. They'd make it a lot safer for the rest of us.

DAGAR, Mr. Fusion, somber and 2 others like this.
  14. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Well-Known Member Level III Supporter

Sad, but true........and that is why autonomous vehicles will be a reality far sooner than most believe.

DAGAR, somber, GasAxe and 1 other person like this.
  15. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Member

After looking at the Tipo and hearing the possibilities about a Chrysler 100. What are the chances we will see Portal design language on the 100?