NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More RWD Coming: Pomigliano freed up for Alfa(maybe Dodge,Jeep)

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Alexbucks, Mar 8, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Yes, I have stated that both cars will have shorter overhangs front and rear.

2. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Halo vehicles are great for bringing in traffic to see the rest of the brand lineup. Chrysler needs more of a lineup first and since all the brands are under one roof, the Hellcats serve as a non-linear halo. A new/punched up 300 and a mid-size CUV would help fill the largest holes, then a large CUV and small car. A mid-size sedan is tough. I can't think of anything that would make a Chrysler stand out in that segment. They will have to over-rely on styling yet again.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  3. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Yup and mine weight 3890 stock. Point is Dodge is just as conservative with their weight as they are with their horsepower numbers

Mike

4. FGA cheerleader

FGA cheerleader Member

Is there any review where they measured weight?

5. redriderbob

Chrysler will have a few new vehicles very shortly...

- Chrysler 300
    - Chrysler Pacifica (Will be available with an AWD model)
    - Chrysler RA (Pacifica based Crossover, that is Chervolet Traverse-sized)
    - Chrysler (CUSW three row CUV based on Cherokee K8 wheelbase to be built along Cheorkee KL)
    - Chrysler 100 (the 100 was cancelled but we should hear plans soon about the Mexican Neon coming to the US, more than likely as a Chrysler)

Hemidakota, wilbur, UN4GTBL and 5 others like this.
  6. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

I'm really excited that a full Chrysler lineup is coming. There has been lot's of distress lately about the future of the company and I firmly believe that can only be tempered with new, good quality product. Maybe after Chrysler gets fleshed out we can debate about the return of Imperial again.:D

dakota21 likes this.
  7. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

Weight done with full tank — if it‘s curb weight I think they add the driver?

A Chrysler Tipo instead of a 100... hmmmph. Well, maybe it'll work...

DarkSky likes this.
  8. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Maybe Chrysler Sunbeam as a bit of a homage.

freshforged likes this.
  9. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

The closest Chrysler comes to a halo vehicle now is the Pacifica hybrid.

10. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Which ain't a bad vehicle to be the face of Chrysler, really. Problem is, I haven't seen much about the hybrid since the reveal and really no Chrysler advertising since the initial Pacifica ads finished their apparent run.

11. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

Please no. That sounds like a kitchen appliance.

Max Wedge and UN4GTBL like this.
  12. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Perfect for a mainstream brand, no?;)

13. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

Will we see this before or after the Cherokee refresh?

UN4GTBL likes this.
  14. redriderbob

[​IMG]

The issue that people don't understand, is things change constantly based on market demand. The good thing is now, automakers can change their plans in a matter of a month. Look at the publicly released 2014 5-year plan for the Dodge brand. In 2014, there were a lot of plans that were axed from the plan. Dodge had plans to launch a new Dart in June 2016 and Dart SRT later in 2016. Journey was supposed to be replaced with its replacement already and the replacement SRT model was supposed to be on the market in January of this year. Charger and Challenger were due for replacement in 2018 but have been pushed back to 2021 and will get face lifts in 2019. Durango was due for a refresh for the three time in January of this year as well. However, Durango will live out another two model years in its current form before going to a new platform. Viper was due for a refresh in July 2015 (we got the ACR) and end production later this year. The B Sedan and Hatch are due for January 2018 (we assume this was the Mexican Neon). However, Dodge has cancelled these plans to produce a RWD/AWD brand and the Mexican Neon/Tipo might become a Chrysler instead. Product plans change all the time. This is why it takes sometimes a really long time to get to vehicles to market.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  15. redriderbob

After. 2019 model year more than likely.

UN4GTBL and DarkSky like this.