NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More RWD Coming: Pomigliano freed up for Alfa(maybe Dodge,Jeep)

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Alexbucks, Mar 8, 2017.

1. dakota21

dakota21 Member Supporter

Sounds like a tidal wave of Chrysler coming soon. :D Can you tell us how soon is very shortly?

2. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Most reviews simply use advertised numbers.

Mike

3. DarkSky

DarkSky Cruising Around Level III Supporter

So the first new product will probably be the Tipo, if that even happens.

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

What would you like to know?

Mike

5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Next few model years. 2019 for RA and the Cherokee based CUV. RA has to wait for Grand Caravan to be axed to move into Windsor. It was already due for production for the 2018 model year, but Grand Caravan sales were solid and is a cash cow. Money talks.

UN4GTBL and dakota21 like this.
  6. redriderbob

Could be. Like I said, we are supposed to hear word on if it is coming sometime in April. FCA doesn't want to invest money into cars right now because the car market is shrinking big time. But, a vehicle like this could be a cheap alternative to get people in the brand.

@suzq044 made this awhile back...

[​IMG]

Remember that with Patriot and the old Compass being gone and Renegade starting $17,995 will be the cheapest FCA US vehicle, minus the Fiat 500.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    UN4GTBL, GasAxe and DarkSky like this.
  7. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

For Pacifica, just if AWD was coming soon so I could hold off on a new vehicle purchase till then. Looks like AWD is too far out for me to wait, but there are plenty other good Mopar choices for my needs and wants. I don't think, the Pacifica has reached consumer level consciousness yet. It's new and still early in it's life, so I'm not to worried. I see them on the road often enough that I think they will be a strong seller. I'd just like to see more Pacifica ads, specifically ones that compare the advantages over Toyota and Honda. Their ads seem to run night and day, though they mainly trash each other now.

8. desavona

desavona Member

Great news to read! Are you able to be any more specific on 300 and AWD Pacifica timeframes? I understand if you cannot yet.

9. redriderbob

2019 model year for the refresh of the current 300. 2019 sounds like it will be the first year for AWD Pacifica.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  10. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

You didn't ask any questions about the Hybrid. :)

Mike

11. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

If all goes as planned :)

Mike

12. MJAB

MJAB Active Member

Halo Chrysler is the Waymo Pacifica + Portal concept car.

13. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

I gotcha now. No, I don't have any specific questions about the hybrid, just saying the heat from its reveal has cooled a bit. I hope there will be a new advertising campaign coming soon for the spring tax return purchase season.

14. mopar22

mopar22 Member

Man looking at what the line up could have been was so promising. Missing out on the hatch segment i think is the biggest blow, more so if they could of made a rwd or awd version.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  15. desavona

desavona Member

Thanks!