AF: More Than 70 New CDJR Vehicles Stolen by Rioters | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Than 70 New CDJR Vehicles Stolen by Rioters

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by 1999 White C5 Coupe, Jun 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Like Valiant posted, it varies from state to state. Some have laws allowing a property owner to use lethal force to "stand their ground" to protect life and/or property. In others the property owner could be charged with murder. There was a store owner in Philadelphia who shot an intruder. The police questioned him and did not bring any charges.

Indeed. The rioters and looters are not the peaceful protesters. Two totally different groups.

2. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

Yes, Texas has the castle doctrine and stand your ground.

[​IMG]

#22 06PTElectricBlue, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    wtxiceman likes this.
  3. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

Sadly, the peaceful protesters have been providing cover for the rioters and looters.

Thanks
    Randy

Panterasr9 and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  4. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Well...there IS a YouTube video for just about everything.....

aldo90731 and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  5. 1999 White C5 Coupe

Level 2 Supporter

You’re partially right - Time for our society to change; I’m tired of the black community committing a very high disproportionate amount of reported violent crime in the USA, when compared to their representation in the population. I’m tired of the black community rioting when they are not happy.

wtxiceman, WXman, habu987 and 2 others like this.
  6. dodgeismycar

dodgeismycar Well-Known Member

All good points. What I don't understand is the black on black shootings and killings that the activists ignore.
    To me the injustice starts there.
    Anyone who is killed by anyone is an injustice.Period.
    The narrative is more important than the cold hard facts to the social justice activists.

7. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

I don't understand white on white shootings, either.

Why are you classifying by race? We don't seem to when there are mass shootings involved. But those are by far, white on white.

Let's think about them as crazy on not-crazy shootings.

8. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Here’s a fact: with the latest unemployment figures out, an estimated 50%, yes FIFTY PERCENT, of black adults are now out of work in America.

We can choose to see the discrimination, or ignore it, justify it, and condone it. That is our individual choice.

#28 aldo90731, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  9. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

We're all entitled to our opinions, aren't we?

DC-93 and wtxiceman like this.
  10. dodgeismycar

As I stated any killing is unacceptable.
    Let me ask a question.
    Was there any rioting when a black police officer was gunned down in the line of duty?
    What happened to that person who beat up the senior citizen?
    I'm angry about that but I didn't loot any stores,car lots, etc.
    Bob,you and many others have an opinion and I will always respect that.
    Soapbox put away now.

wtxiceman and Panterasr9 like this.
  11. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

We have a small number of terrible cops and the media turns it to look like we have hit squads murdering people all over the streets. If you look at the numbers it's just not true. But that doesn't matter. Thank the feelings over facts people for that. (Statistically Blacks kill whites at a FAR higher rate and cops kill more whites than blacks). I add this because everything is about race these days so let's make sure we report it by race and correctly.
    Some elements of society purposely pay rioters and protesters to bus in from out of state and start trouble. Some people are peacefully protesting and that's great.
    It's a mess. I for one take no sides or part in this but I will defend my property if need be and that's all I have to say on the subject.

wtxiceman and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  12. dodgeismycar

Perception is Reality. Injustice for one is an injustice for all.

DC-93 likes this.
  13. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Cops kill more whites than blacks but that's because there are more whites then blacks. When you look at the actual numbers in statistics black have a higher percentage of getting shot. Although there are a "few bad cops" our percentage of cop shootings to the number of cops we have a pretty damn high. Yes there are good cops but on the other end of that spectrum, we have very very shitty cops not against just black but all colors. They get power-hungry. You can watch videos all day long of people following their orders and then still get shot. A perfect example was the black guy in the hotel that was told to crawl towards the cop and then the cop decided to shoot the guy multiple times. There's also been a number of high profile cases over the last couple years that are finally sending people over the edge, hell there's been 2-3 the last month or two alone

14. aldo90731

American police depts are militarized. Just look at how they dress, gear up and behave. They look like they are going into combat in Baghdad or Beirut.

Militarization attracts some individuals into the police force for the wrong reasons. And that is a key part of the problem. Yes, some areas they patrol are very tough. But at the end of the day, the police are supposed to serve and protect their communities, not go into battle with them. And certainly not dominate them.

I moved to LA in the late 1990s. Following the Rodney King riots, the LAPD instilled a number of changes to get cops out of their patrol cars and interact with their community. They found that sitting in a police car isolated them the people they were supposed to be protecting. Police officers patrolled by foot or on bicycle, and went out of their way to interact with the community, especially the kids, to avoid developing an us-vs-them mindset. Things improved dramatically. But it is an ongoing challenge. You cannot make changes and believe that you are done. It takes constant effort to maintain the police and their community connected. Unfortunately, things seem to have gone back to how they were to some degree.

Militarization is NEVER a good thing. I am a white male who happens to like driving a little too fast; I have been pulled over more than my share. A few interactions were pleasant; the vast majority were forgettable. But a couple times the cops were unnecessarily aggressive, with NO provocation on my part; simply because I was not doing exactly what he was ordering me to do at the speed he wanted me to do it. I can only imagine what it must be like being a person of color and being pulled over by the police.

#34 aldo90731, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    freshforged, MJAB, Zagnut27 and 3 others like this.
  15. 1999 White C5 Coupe

Level 2 Supporter

Don't forget to quote the statistics on how many law enforcement officers are assaulted, verbally abused, spit on, stabbed, shot and killed every year in the USA.

Every day, law enforcement officers make hundreds of thousands of contacts with citizens (and non-citizens), with no force used. The number of people killed by law enforcement is very, very low.

Would it be okay that if every time a white officer was assaulted, shot, or killed by a black offender in the USA - the white officers would begin to riot, loot, block streets and expressways, shoot people, kill people, and demand payments from the government and private businesses?

wtxiceman likes this.
  16. aldo90731

Just because innocent people are not being killed by the thousands doesn't mean they are not being harassed or mistreated on a daily basis because they "look suspicious" --i.e., are black.

It is undoubtedly very difficult to strike a balance between giving policemen the latitude, backup and support they need to do their job, and making sure they are accountable and committing no excesses. The more reason then for the police depts want to "arm" officers with all the tools at their disposal, including giving them the chance to connect with their communities, training them in humane ways of policing --and making sure applicants are joining the force for the right reasons in the first place.

17. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

144 were killed in 2018 (on average it’s about 85). Just as an example that’s less then the amount of Hispanics killed by cops in the same year, clearly both white and blacks were killed more so and then on top of that there’s still 204 other unknown race that were killed in the same year. Just a smudge under 1k people were killed by cops in 2018 from the source i see. The cops here use and abuse power here like there’s no tomorrow. Maybe if they went through actual good training they would understand but right now they don’t

18. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

You just posted your disgust for black crime and for black community rioting (which isn't necessarily accurate as a whole picture, but let's set that aside for a minute).

But how many posts have you made about your disgust for black people being killed for doing every day things?

If you're upset to post about destruction of property but not upset to post about 400 years of oppression, killing of innocent black people, etc, then I would suggest taking a step back and asking why.

19. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to just sit and listen to what's going on and to what people of color are saying without having to try to have a separate discussion to dilute what's happening?

XRT2SRT, Zagnut27, djsamuel and 3 others like this.
  20. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Have your been oppressed and fearful of your life for 400 years due to the color of your skin?

freshforged and Zagnut27 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.