Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved - Chrysler 300 Touring Incentivized to Target Midsize Sedans

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by BobbiBigWheels, Jan 9, 2018.

1. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

Yes. I believe this too. The 2019 Honda Insight just announced is pointing in that direction.

The more owners get used to using very little gas, the less of it they want to keep using.

jerseyjoe, Deckard_Cain and UN4GTBL like this.
  2. schelled

schelled Well-Known Member

[QUOT="gforce2002, post: 1084914924, member: 9400"]I was at lunch yesterday with a few friends when one of them mentioned that someone he knew told him he should try out a Dodge (he’s a Honda fan). This was met with laughter from practically everyone at the table. So, that’s the kind of mindset that’s out there.

That said, once a brand is sufficiently tarnished, I can see where it may be necessary to incentivize to maintain any sales at all, since price is the one attractive thing for some brands. But those same incentives tarnish the brand. It’s a real sour pickle to be in, but it’s a problem of their own making.[/QUOTE]
    That is unfortunate however there are other stories that counter your point.....my wife parks in a parking garage beside a row of Audis driven by the salesmen, however no one ever says anything about the Audis when they are in the elevator they all drool over her srt challenger, that car gets daily comments and thumbs up from elderly ladies to 10 yr old kids that stop when I wash it on the driveway...there is a significant amount of knowledge and respect for dodge in my experience

jimboy and UN4GTBL like this.
  3. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The respect is for the names Challenger, Charger, and SRT. Not necessarily for the whole Dodge brand which has a poor public reputation. There are several people in my family who will never buy a Dodge or Chrysler because they consider them to be unreliable and prone to issues.

jimboy, gforce2002, Zagnut27 and 2 others like this.
  4. eggwhite93

eggwhite93 Impatiently waiting for new product.
    Level 2 Supporter

It would be nice if we could get a dealership to show us data of the average age/mileage of FCA vehicles that are in their shop for maintanence other than routine oil change and what not.

5. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

I would prefer the 300 over the charger .... but the chargers motors (392. 6.2) over the 300

jimboy, aldo90731 and wtxiceman like this.
  6. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

I get what you're saying but I didn't see really any incentives on the S models. The LX and Limited sure but the S and C were full price - at least while I was shopping.

7. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

Must be regional incentives.

Chrysler keeps dangling $7,500 OFF 300C whenever I go online.

#127 aldo90731, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  8. Powdered Toast Man

Canadians get very different incentives than the USA market. If you want a Caravan or Journey though wow can you get a deal on those.

jimboy and aldo90731 like this.
  9. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

You're completely right. In BC, our incentives are typically split between base models having small rebates and anything above base having the same rebate. In Maple Leaf land it could be different.

10. Powdered Toast Man

On the prairies it's typically the same handful of vehicles and the lower trims only. It's always Grand Caravan, Journey, Ram 1500, and Charger/300. And only the base or SXT trim. You'll never see discounts on any of the R/T, S, C, or higher end truck variants. I guess that's fine if you don't mind the 5" Uconnect, simple instrument cluster (no 7" screen), cloth seats, and no other upgrades. As soon as you move up a trim you lose the rebate.

jimboy and BobbiBigWheels like this.
  11. Charger383

Charger383 Active Member

Yep.... And Crossovers are starting to see those trends now, too. As the market gets saturated and overcrowded, the weak products
    fail. Just basic supply and demand. Incentives are getting pretty darn high for a supposed "hot" segment.

jerseyjoe likes this.
  12. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

The only reason why Pacifica had a chance is because of the loyalty and reputation of FCA being the minivan company.

If Pacifica was trying to break into minivans, it would sell far less because there would not be the trust in the company.

FCA has built that trust over years of offering minivans with innovations.

CUVs are the same, but except for Jeep Trailhawks, FCA is not offering anything special to the market.....just another CUV.

Ernesto, somber, wvutuba and 2 others like this.
  13. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Went to an "A" rated dealer, he claimed that was false.

14. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Went to an "A" rated dealer, he claimed that was false.
    I think the low priced car should be Chrysler Newport.

15. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Your “A” rated dealer either lied to you or is grossly misinformed as I quoted FCA directly.

I suggest you find a different dealer to do business with.

Mike

#135 Mike V., Jan 16, 2018 at 9:56 AM
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 10:03 AM
  16. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Or it may just be localized pricing. To get that rebate the proper vehicle has to be on the lot. If it needs to be ordered it's a unicorn. Many regions don't have any of these models available. So you are correct in what Chrysler said, but the dealer may also be right saying that vehicle at that price is not something I can sell you....

17. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

No, this is a national program.

The 2018 MY 300 Touring Model is Well-Equipped with the Following Key Standard Content:
    • 17-inch Painted Aluminum Wheels
    • Cloth Bucket Seats
    • 292 Horsepower V6 Engine
    • 8.4-inch Touchscreen with SiriusXM
    • Keyless Enter ‘n Go with Push Button Start

300 Touring MSRP: $28,995
    Consumer Cash: $6,000
    Dealer Cash: $1,500
    NEW PRICE: $21,495

Every dealer in the US has received this information and the Chrysler website shows the $6,000 consumer cash.

Mike

#137 Mike V., Jan 16, 2018 at 10:06 AM
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 10:18 AM
  18. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

I get that, Mike, but that doesn't mean it's stocked in every region and if it's not, you can't buy if for that. Some quick searching shows it's really hard to find.

19. Mike V.

Level III Supporter

So a dealer should offer to order the vehicle for the customer. To say the offer is false, which is what’s as stated above, is simply not true.

Mike

#139 Mike V., Jan 16, 2018 at 10:36 AM
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 10:42 AM
  20. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

There are crazy deals to be had on ex-rental 300S's in Canada and they don't drop a ton from that point. You could buy one, drive it for a couple years and not totally lose your behind on it when you trade it or sell it. You also are not required to say it was a rental either, but anyone with a half a brain would know it was.