AF: My new Dakota | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new Dakota

Discussion in 'Dakota, 1998-2013 Durango and Aspen' started by Panterasr9, May 30, 2019.

1. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

No sir going to get a different Dakota for that 318 haha! The 4.7 is my daily driver.

chuzz likes this.
  2. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

3. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

4. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

Did a nice cleaning today and some burnouts haha! This thing does 50 ft burnouts no problem just drop it in 1st and hammer it. (On private roads of course).
    Love the Dodge Dakota, cant wait to do more mods and make more power. Intake out of a 2008 dakota is next along with a tune.

5. LouJC

LouJC Active Member

Very nice truck and I always like them. Someone nearby has one with a 5.9 in it. I bet the flowmaster 40 sounds great.
    BTW, I have said this from the time it came out, the Gladiator frame/bed with a Ram style cab would make a great midsize truck, I don't think they even have to change the live front axle to IFS because it rides quite well. It has a lot of advantages over other mid size trucks, much better off road suspension, manually engaged transfer case, no silly electronics, and I bet that the auto engaging Selectrac transfer case from the JL Sahara models could be adapted.

Panterasr9 likes this.
  6. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

I honestly have never considered buying a brand new vehicle as I am a mechanic and the price tags are too high but, if they brought the dakota back and did it right I would be hard pressed not to purchase one. The dakota is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned.