AF: My New Ride! | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New Ride!

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by browens1534, Apr 21, 2014.

1. valiant67

valiant67 ...

There is likely only a very small chance it isn't the converter. The rear O2 sensor is compared to the front O2 sensor. Most other issues will trip a different code, not the low cat efficiency code.

2. browens1534

browens1534 Well-Known Member

I'm going to Fort Wayne and pick up my Jeep from the dealer after having it detailed for delivery and the "we owe" items done. I told them of the problem, I'll keep y'all updated when I get there.

3. browens1534

So I have my Patriot back and gave back the gas hog 07 Grand Cherokee they gave me to drive. My driver seat looks brand new, the custom shop they sent it to matched the white stitching and the leather down to the grain! He said that's the shop they send their Audis and Porsches too for any kinda leather recon. And my front windows look awesome tinted.. I suspect they are 35% as that is the darkest Indiana allows.. Not dark enough for me.. My Sebring was tinted to 15%, never got a tint ticket. He said they tried to diagnose the check engine light but it wouldn't do anything for them, it wasn't stored as a trouble code.. He said take it to a Chysler dealer immediately as soon as the light comes on so they can diagnose and document it.. He didn't know what to say when I told him if I didn't like the local dealer in Warsaw because they are owned by the crosstown rival of my selling dealer, and they are down right shady...

4. Int

Int Active Member

Either AutoZone cleared it or it cleared itself after X number of starts without a problem detected.

Anyone know how many detections of the problem are required to register the code and give a Check Engine light?

5. browens1534

Autozone didn't clear it.. It cleared the next afternoon when I went to work..

6. browens1534

So I'm thinking they did a flash or a relearn on the CVT.. It's driving different then it was before I dropped it off.. Not complaining.

7. browens1534

So I haven't gotten the MIL again. Could it be that it was low quality fuel? I haven't filled up at that chain since the day I took delivery.

8. Int

Int Active Member

9. browens1534

I'm going to due a tune up with the OE NGK plugs since its easy enough. On a trip last weekend to Fort Wayne Mother's Day shopping after about 100 miles I noticed a whine.. I thought maybe it was the CVT sense I'm not used to it. I was telling my dad that I wasn't sure what it was doing.. And it whines when in park from idle up to 3500. He said check the power steering.. Well I forgot for a couple days.. I got into the back of my Caravan where all the stuff from my Sebring is, to get my Michelin rubber floor mats since I can't afford to get the Mopar slush mats just yet.. And I saw the bottle of ATF+4 that I kept in it for the finicky UltraDrive.. And that reminded me.. I popped the hood to my Pat, and the resivor was almost dry.. So I consult my owners manual and it says to use Mopar Power Steering Fluid +4 or ATF+4 trans fluid.. I fill it to the line and I do the "burping" lock to lock.. I'm defiantly saying something to the dealer to have them check it out.. I still have 2k on my warranty.. Could it be the rack?

10. browens1534

So the whine I heard... It got worse going to CEMA... Just took it in today to be diagnosed by the transmission tech... I have a CVT2L on order... They didn't say what was wrong but the warranty company wants it replaced.

11. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road

I didn't see how many miles your Patriot has. The cvt likes to have it's fluid replaced every 50 to 60 thousand miles. That helps with the whine in most instances.

12. browens1534

I'm at 76400. They are replacing the CVT under warranty so I'm not complaining.

floridaman2013 likes this.