AF: NAIAS 2015 will again be big for Chrysler ! | Page 48 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAIAS 2015 will again be big for Chrysler !

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Mr.Source, Sep 22, 2014.

1. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Yep, Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    I'll believe NAIAS will be big for Chrysler in 2016 when I see it. You can only cry wolf (or wait until next year) so many times before no one listens anymore.

2. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

Sort of a side bar comment....
    Is it me or doesn't the Buick Cascada Convertible look remarkably like our outgoing Sebring/200 convertible ??

carcharger, saltydog and UN4GTBL like this.
  3. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

Considering that Mr. Source made the prediction almost four months ago does not mean he loses credibility. He is a true insider and not appreciated by many.

Is it his fault that upper management changes their mind more frequently than a fickle airhead heiress?

There were things planned and slated to be shown and now they are not. It is not Mr. Source's fault. He was trying to keep spirits high.

carcharger, JKU12, MoparDanno and 4 others like this.
  4. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

Mr. Source also went on a rant that they were messing up shortly after.

Wil

Erik Latranyi likes this.
  5. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I'd suggest that those of you that are incredibly disappointed with Mr. Source's thread and his prediction make sure that you voice your displeasure to him.

Unfortunately, he's not here - because many folks have already done that, apparently forgetting the fact that neither he or any of us are able to tell the future with 100% accuracy.

If this thread is too much of a temptation for those that are upset that "there's nothing to get excited about, this thread is a farce" - I'll be more than happy to remove it.

TheMan, UN4GTBL and Mike V. like this.
  6. Jeepnut

Level III Supporter

Exactly things change and its out of his hands. No need to beat him up over it. Those other debuts I would guess have been moved to NY or Chicago. Ford absolutely stole the Detroit show congrats to those folks!

djsamuel likes this.
  7. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

EXACTLY!

I had confirmation from a completely different source that the ACR was going to be at NAIAS as well back at that time.

So plans obviously changed. It happens. They did that with the Hellcat a few times as well.

djsamuel likes this.
  8. willy4110

willy4110 Well-Known Member

I don't think people are blaming Mr Source; I think it's more likely many people can't wait to see SM disappear into the sunset.

wtxiceman likes this.
  9. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Clearly the Ford GT spectacle was the reason for the ACR to be held off for another day so it did not have to share the limelight

Mike

UN4GTBL and MoparDanno like this.
  10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Yup. He has given us a good deal of accurate info and predictions which could come from no-one else...

Jeepnut and MoparDanno like this.
  11. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

Still is thankfully.. :)

wtxiceman and dmcdonald like this.
  12. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

That is my exact thought as well.

13. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Perhaps the majority of the disappointment is not directed at Mr Source, but instead FCA squandering one of the largest automotive events of the year (every year).
    The are underwhelming at NAIAS.

JohnRogers and LXbuilder like this.
  14. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Understandable, and I agree with not trying to share the spotlight. The GT looks awesome.

Jeepnut likes this.
  15. AutoTechnician

AutoTechnician Well-Known Member

I agree, with the amount of very high profile unveils at this show (GT, Mustang GT350, NSX, Cummins Titan, Buick, etc...), it was probably in Chrysler's best interest to delay unveils until later shows.

16. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

How was it squandered?

FCA bringing a new mini, the ACR, the 4c Spider AND the Rebel would have been drowned out by Ford on this show. Period. We dont see it that way as a Chrysler centric place, but every other major auto rag that covers the whole industry are undergoing Fordgasms right now... understandably so.

UN4GTBL and Jeepnut like this.
  17. valiant67

valiant67 ...

It's probably the largest (if not the largest, the most news worthy) auto show for the North America market and probably in the world. Yes, they can make a bigger splash at a smaller show but they really need to make NAIAS work while the automotive world is watching. Sometimes a small splash in a big pond gets more press than a big splash in a small pond. And despite this being a "Ford" year - sure. But what has been the excuse other years? What will be the excuse next year? Or do we just conceede NAIAS every year to minor intros?

18. IMPERIAL4EVER

IMPERIAL4EVER Member

Wow...Someone wake me up when the show is over (yawn).

JohnRogers likes this.
  19. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

Its about return on investment. Doing a big reveal at NAIAS is NOT cheap. Plus you have to clamor to be heard amongst all of the other people spending a ton of money to be heard. Its better to sidestep is completely and do your own thing IMO.

Id rather see them spend the money like they did for the Hellcat reveals. That was just about every auto magazine, show, and website, one on one with the new 15 Challengers, and more specifically the Hellcat.

How much more coverage do you think they got for that vs splashing the Hellcat at NAIAS?

I think the results speak for themselves honestly.

ScramFan, tlc, djsamuel and 1 other person like this.
  20. LXbuilder

LXbuilder Well-Known Member

While I completely agree that things change all the time at FCA and Mr. Source can not be blamed for that. And he has given this site much info over the years (some he should have never been sharing here).
    Still sometimes if you are in the business of spreading poop, a little is gonna stick to you now and then.

TheMan likes this.