AF: NAIAS 2015 will again be big for Chrysler ! | Page 49 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAIAS 2015 will again be big for Chrysler !

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Mr.Source, Sep 22, 2014.

1. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Yeah, nothing to see here, move along.
    Not interested in pick-ups or suvs myself.
    I'll be hitting the Mustang, Lincoln and Caddy displays.

IMPERIAL4EVER likes this.
  2. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Remember the "ghost town" shows of 2009 and 2010? I do. Now THAT was something to be depressed about.

NAIAS is big. I believe Chicago is bigger, not only from a consumer attendance point but from a square-footage point.)

3. IMPERIAL4EVER

IMPERIAL4EVER Member

Yeah best in show goes to GM. New Volt, Bolt, Cascada, and the lovely Buick luxury concept underpinning the new CT6 and so on.

4. nickman

nickman Active Member

Looks to me like NAIAS is a bust for FCA. The Rebel certainly leaves something to be desired, I mean... just look at that grill...

5. caine440

caine440 Well-Known Member

I still think Ford owned the show. The GM stuff was ok, The big Buick looked nice, the Cascada is almost entierly based on the Opel Astra from what I have read and the volt/bolt are a bit of a snooze to me.

6. Stratuscaster

Know what's NOT a bust?

The fact that FCA is participating in the show at all.

7. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz guess when you have good models on the lot there is less motivation to show concepts to build excitement.... but it sure is fun.

8. superduckie5000

superduckie5000 THE MAD DUCK
    Level III Supporter

Dang! Sure Would have Liked Seen Something!

TripleT likes this.
  9. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

And what would you have liked to have seen? :D

10. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

The things that were scheduled, but pulled out.

JohnRogers likes this.
  11. Mopar AL

Mopar AL Member

My take on the so called Auto show bust.

!. Chrysler has not had any major shows in my opinion since the glory day of the 90's when they surprised us with some fantastic concepts. since then they have had one or two trick ponies that have either been huge success or just let people know what was in the pipeline. You have your 200 or your Cherokee, but you seldom have more than one division that has a standout presentation. We have 4 major auto shows here in the US. You can't bring them all out at one time. As was said here earlier, you have to get the most bang for you buck. How many years has Chrysler stole the thunder from other automakers in the past with the most exciting new product. I'll say plenty. Chrysler has had several years where they were the top dog, partly due to the poor selection from the other makers. Face it, 2015 belongs to other makers this time. There is no break through vehicles that Chrysler has ready this year. I think that SM had hope that the RWD D would have been ready by now. But we know that ended up not the case. The LX updates ended at LA in November, Renegade has been pretty much established in most peoples minds now, and Viper is a few model years old. The rest are too far out to show this early. I hear how upset some are when they see the concept and then have to wait a few years for it to finally be produced.

2. The ARC Viper would have been left in the dust as far as coverage at the auto show. The Ford is a NEW product that would have been the darling of all media people. You spend a lot of money to promote and all the attention is else where. You also have the NSX that is opening in Detroit too. I hate to admit it, but the Viper would have been way down on most peoples list of memorable cars or cars that they even really remember that much about. Better to save and spend the promotion money more wisely where they get the most bang for their buck.

.3. We will soon hopefully have the new platforms straightened out and established so that we can have more than one division with a great new vehicle per show. FCA will be in a much better position in the years to come. Unfortunately they had a year where the well was not deep in exciting new products. Not having seen the completed Allpar 2016 page to confirm what will be coming next year, but I believe that there will be plenty of fresh product coming down the pipe to make us happy in future shows.

CIAS is the largest show in Square footage and attendance. While Detroit maybe first, It is not always the more important of the shows. Chicago has many times in the past out shown Detroit as far as the shows go.

jorisr likes this.
  12. IMPERIAL4EVER

IMPERIAL4EVER Member

I.M.P.E.R.I.A.L

13. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

LOL from you? NO, I would have NEVER guessed :D

IMPERIAL4EVER and Mike V. like this.
  14. superduckie5000

Level III Supporter

15. con383

con383 Well-Known Member

CUDA

16. superduckie5000

Level III Supporter

A Hint at the Next Mini-V. 1450 + A Day is Kind'a Important!

17. Aspenrt

Aspenrt Well-Known Member

Okay, what will we see in Chicago?

18. Stratuscaster

Media schedule has not yet been revealed.

Mike V. likes this.
  19. Mopar AL

Mopar AL Member

Not much truly new on the cart for this year is there for Chicago or New York?

I'll admit that NY may see some of the 2016 refreshes that will be out hopefully in the summer.

20. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Maybe, maybe not. Several things are still baking in the oven.

Mikw

Jeepnut likes this.