Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caliber Name Of Interior Trim Color On 08 Caliber

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by Matthew, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Matthew

Matthew Is pushing for progress!

Hello,

This might sound like a silly question, what is the name of the black interior color on an 08 dodge Caliber?

I am having an issue, a trim piece of my seat broke and the dealer ordered a new part with the corresponding part number but it was superseded by another color (Light gray) so then I had to order interior spray paint, and they ordered "Dark Slate Gray" and said that was the right color. I have now applied 5 coats of paint and it is still like 3 shades to light

Is "Dark Slate Gray" really the right color? I am starting to get a little annoyed with this as it has been a long process, first the part was not the right color then it took a month to get the spray paint in, and now it dose not seem to be the right shade (and I still have to try and have them install the piece)

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

What is the trim code stated on your drivers door label? It should be printed along the bottom row. Like this:
    Jeep+Interior+Trim+Code
    That should help to come up with a name, but body shops and parts depots don't go by names when specifying a part number. I think that there were only 2 interior colors offered. Does your code contain KA or DV?
    A good body shop should be able to mix and match the proper tint with a sample color elsewhere in your car.
    Figure 50-505 shows the seat trim of the '08 Caliber by part number and trim code (towards the back of the manual).
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD5/06-08/08PM.pdf

3. Matthew

V8DV is the code on the door label. I thought it was only two colors black, and beige (and I like the black when I was ordering the car new) I'm just like 6 coats in and it is still a good chunk lighter then it should be, but I am trying to do it right by doing light coats so it dose not run or puddle on the piece.

4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

*DV would be Dark Slate Grey. Many interior pieces have to be painted at the dealer body shop when they arrive. You can specify a color at the parts counter, but what comes in can be completely different.
    If the trim piece is a lighter color, then maybe a dark basecoat primer first, then the dark slate topcoat?
    I'm not a body guy, but there is a lot of info and tutorials on Google.

5. Matthew

Thank you for your help, at least I know I have the right color! I think you are right that it is just a case of a dark color going over a lighter one, it is a big difference in shade, I have plenty of paint left in the can so I guess I will keep applying coats until it is the right shade. My original plan was to have the dealer paint the piece and then install it but I decided I would save the money of having them paint it and do it myself, which I'm no glad that I did as it is taking a good chunk of time.

#5 Matthew, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017