AF: NASCAR interested in racing on city streets | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NASCAR interested in racing on city streets

Discussion in 'Current Motorsports / Racing News' started by Fast Eddie, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Interesting train of thought for Nascar. I'm a big fan of road races vs ovals but with so many good road courses in the country, why race on city streets? Yes, it might work in a few already established street race events like Long Beach, Detroit, and/or Toronto. Nascar might draw in some curious new city fans but my guess is that they will make way more enemies out of people needing to get to work/stores and being confronted with blocked off streets and closed businesses.

GaryS likes this.
  2. dartndodge

dartndodge Well-Known Member

There was a contingent of Nascar guys/girls here for the Supercar Gold Coast street race at Surfers Paradise this year.
    They apparently had a positive experience.
    Zak Brown and Andretti are involved with a team over here, and of course Penske.
    I like the Nascar cars on circuits, though perhaps with future changes they may look more like current Transam cars.....which would be great.

Tony K likes this.