Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a picture.

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by LarryK, Sep 3, 2017.

1. LarryK

LarryK New Member

My Valiant has a piece of structure bolted to valance and riveted to frame. I believe it is bent by a parking curb, as oil pan was crushed behind frame, taking 2 hrs. to remove said dent. Luckily the pickup was not touched. I had to remove bolt to take off belts, it is so close to transmission lines it could have sawed thru them. Is this supposed to be straight? Cannot find in parts book. Picture would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. CudaPete

Ad-Free Member

This??

Attached Files:

3. LarryK

LarryK New Member

CudaPete: That's it. Nut and bolt hit so many times it looks like a rivet. The metal is smashed up against the frame. Now I will grind off the what's left of the nut and bolt and weld on new and straighten the reinforcement. Thanks a bunch.

Larry

4. LarryK

LarryK New Member

Ground off flattened nut, found threads, vise gripped out, pounded piece flat, fits right and have 2" or more room to damper. Thanks.