AF: Need wiring diagram - power mirrors | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need wiring diagram - power mirrors

Discussion in 'Vans' started by Ray Green, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Ray Green

Ray Green Living in RV heaven. You think cars are bad!

Hi gang .... I'm working on an '89 full size van, vin no 2B6JB31Y1KK354409. This van is a Coach House conversion but the power mirrors are factory. I have no power to the switch and I don't know where that power is supposed to come from. All 10 glass fuses in the box under the glove box lid are good. The switch has an 8 wire pigtail which best I can tell is 4 wires for each side. It's a "joystick" type control and you turn the knob left or right to select the mirror youwant to adjust. I did verify mirror motor operation by supplying outside power via the plug. Any help is appreciated!

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I don't have any service manual/wiring diagrams for it, but a local public library might.
    Many other Chrysler models would use similar wire colors and circuit layout from this era or earlier. The mirrors are battery feed and may be on a circuit breaker rather than a fuse. There could also be a wire break or corrosion where the body harness flexes to the drivers door.

3. Ray Green

Ray Green Living in RV heaven. You think cars are bad!

Thanks IC. I powered the mirrors via the plug removed from the switch so I know both mirrors have working motors. The problem lies in the 12 supply to the switch. There should be 2 12v wires in the plug, one for each mirror.