Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2013, 2014, 2015 Dodge Darts for sale in Detroit

Discussion in 'Dodge Dart / Viaggio' started by Fast Eddie, Feb 27, 2017.

1. iNeon

iNeon Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with build date. The Dart isn't a horrible automobile-- it was, however, designed to meet a high standard while it was manufactured to a very low one.

Such a low standard was shown to be reality that the car couldn't be sold for a break-even price to the general public.

The Dart is the cheaply-built, unreliable-- rushed-to-production-- car that neon haters always pretended the neon was. If my 2015 Dart makes it 12 years like my 1998 neon did-- I'll be handing out cigars and beers, because it will be a real reason to celebrate.

jerseyjoe likes this.
  2. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson New Member

I'm not sure of the build date, but I bought my 2013 Dart in December of 2012. Knock on wood, I have had no issues, except for the stupid plastic piece that is underneath the front of the car that covers the mechanics there. It keeps falling down and dragging on everything.

I disagree the Dart was built cheaply. If far exceeds the build quality of the Chevy Cruze I traded in for it. 4 years and 70K miles and no rattles.

I did have the issue with the visor. But that wasn't the fault of Dodge, but of some idiot at a car wash. I have no complaints with the car.

3. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Only one thought - try a different dealer before giving up.

I did not get MaxCare, price was crazy high when I looked (it's much cheaper if youbuy with a new car).

4. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

I've tried all 4 dealers near me, none are that great. The best one of course is 30 miles away. I have a Renegade as a loaner right now, very impressed. Its a 2015 and the 9 speed is smooth most of the time, nothing like the 200 rentals I had. So nice to be driving down the road absorbing potholes and bumps as opposed to the thunk and thrashing of the Dart, petrified I will blow a tire or bend a rim. If this is the last issue I have for a while I will probably go to 100K and get rid of it after the MaxCare runs out. That will probably be another 6-7 months for me. I can possibly see a Renegade purchase.

5. iNeon

iNeon Well-Known Member

Only 46 more payments on mine!

6. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

Right here is the essence for me. I'd rather have what you just described than amenities and tech.

Even the most basic cars have exactly what I need and would use.

Not anti tech, I just don't need it or the added cost of it.

Bob Lincoln likes this.
  7. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

I used to be that way, but man is that heated steering wheel nice on my Dart Limited. My Dart Limited is the first car I have ever had with the available top trim. You really get spoiled..but like I said I would give that up to have a car I can just drive and just have to do scheduled maintenance over the years.

Dave Z likes this.
  8. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

From the 300 to the Dart, I sure miss the good headlights, heated wheel (not so much heated seats), and “blind the moron behind you” rear fog-lights — only used on rare occasions (“I have to be three inches from your bumper and have my brights on because you should be going 65 in this 25 zone.”)

DC-93 likes this.
  9. DBY2014

DBY2014 Active Member

Got a few more to add as of today:

12) Bluetooth module went out and needs replaced
    13) Edge of hood starting to blister and will be repainted
    14) My 6 month old tires were wearing improperly, dealer could not get my wheels aligned correctly. They ended up finding a TSB that stated my Dart's subframe was not aligned properly at the factory. They ended up spending a whole day loosening the subframe and tightening everything up properly.

Car now has 86,000 miles. I have the extended warranty too 100,000 but it still costs me $100 every time I take the car in. The warranty work alone on these Darts must be draining FCA of $$.

10. pjfsu331

pjfsu331 Member

Man, I had a '13 Limited for 18 months. It was one of the early runs too, manufactured in July of 2012 I think. It seems I dodged a bullet by getting rid of it for a leased Charger. Sorry to hear you've had so many issues.

I remember the Bluetooth being crappy quality when it did work. Luckily, I didn't have any powertrain issues. The other thing I remember is that when I started it sometimes, the gas gauge would register totally empty then gradually climb to the actual amount over like 10 minutes or so. Never bothered to get it fixed.

I do miss driving a manual though...

11. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Level 2 Supporter

Be mindful that "good deals" may not actually be available. FCA Canada (my only experience) only carries rebates for two model years, meaning currently 2016 and 2017 vehicles have manufacturer's discounts. The 2013-2015 Darts will stand a dealership the same as the 2016s, before the rebates. IE:

2016 Dart - $20,000 MSRP, $18,500 Cost with a $1500 rebate = Cost becomes $17,000.
    2013 Dart - $20,000 MSRP, $18,500 Cost without a rebate = Cost remains $18,500.

The "good deal" would be the dealership taking a loss on selling the vehicle, or attempting to make up the lost profit by low-balling a trade-in, forcing extended warranty/protection packages, or providing a worse interest rate than what is available.

Be careful.

12. wolfsblood07

wolfsblood07 Active Member

I'm amazed they had new Darts from as far back as 2013 in Feb. 2017. I knew a dealership near me had a couple 2014 Vipers in 2016, but the Viper isn't a volume seller.

RonGD likes this.