Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2016 Dart Owner

Discussion in 'Dodge Dart / Viaggio' started by AvengerGuy, Jun 14, 2017.

1. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Active Member

OK, the Dart is not a left-over new car, but a used Dart SXT. With the 2.0L and 6-speed auto. But, it is the Torred color of red and looks and runs great. Had really wanted a 6-speed stick car, but they were all out-of-town, and the ones I most wanted were out-of-state. I just didn't have the time to do what it takes to get one shipped to me. I work a lot of hours, and my schedule is subject to change and it often does. I end up getting called in to work more now than ever, as we are short one person, and people also are using their vacation days. Which explains why I haven't been on here lately as much as I used to.

My brother went with me and agrees that I not only got a car that I wanted, but I also got exactly what I needed. Most of all I got a very good deal. Only $10,780 before TT&L. Just a heck of a deal. Most of all is it just feels right. That is, when I sit down in the seats, they fit me JUST RIGHT. Presently, seat comfort is one the highest factors in any vehicle purchase. As I've done since about the year 2000, I read lots of owner reviews online in order to be well-informed of all the good and (potentially) bad points of the car. With some glaring exceptions, I found mostly good reviews of the Dart. It's exciting to be in a late-model car again, as my daily driver 1998 Stratus sedan , with only 131K miles, will be 20 years old later this year. In case I haven't mentioned this before, I've wanted a Dart ever since they came out in 2012. Had previously driven a new 2014 SE model with a stick. And, more recently driven a used 2013 with the 1.4L turbo and a stick. It was a fun little car, very enjoyable to drive, but I wanted a newer Dart. Think I'm going to be very happy as I have a 70 mile round-trip commute. And, yes, even though it is not a performance car - which I of course would really like - it has more than adequate performance for my daily commute. Still thinking of the possibility of a Charger or 300 sometime in the future. Just being frugal now cause I need to be.

PCRMike, tlc, MPE426HEMI and 7 others like this.
  2. JA Cumbo

JA Cumbo Enjoying the ride.
    Supporter

I really miss my 2015 Dart SXT... :-(
    [​IMG]

PCRMike likes this.
  3. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

Congrats! Great to find something that fits you ...

Important to be pleased with your ride with a required 70 mile round trip daily.

Here's to several years of pleasant service - Cheers!

4. wolfsblood07

wolfsblood07 Active Member

Great post. Sounds like you got a good car. I hope the head of FCA reads this.
    By the way I like whenever someone says they wanted a stick shift because that goes against the whole idea of self driving cars! A foolish idea imo.

Bob Lincoln and tlc like this.
  5. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

I wish I had one :(

Ahem...... that aside, Congrats on the new ride!

6. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Active Member

So, I went to the license bureau yesterday to get license plates for may car. Would you believe that the lady that waited on me told me she also got a Dodge Dart. A blue 2015 SXT. A pretty bright blue, which I could see through the window parked out back. What's the odds of that happening? Anything like that ever happened to anybody else? Anyway, the most important thing is that she says she loves her Dart! She told me she's sure I'll really get to like mine. This car people sometimes speak of as one of FCA's failures.

tlc likes this.
  7. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Active Member

Also wanted to update people on my own personal Dart experience. I'd failed to mention that it had 37K miles on it. And, that it had a very minor scuff mark of the left side of the rear bumper cover, along with two other very small blemishes. Which may serve to explain the very good deal I got on the car.

Since it still drives like new, at least compared to my 1998 Cloud Car (Stratus sedan), I guess I really babied it at first, as my first fill-up gave me 40.2 mpg! The second fill-up was 39.0 mpg. Third fill-up at 38.7 mpg. This from a Dart with the 2.0L and 6-speed automatic. I had thought that I would need to get an SE model with the manual transmission to get this kind of fuel economy. And, I am using the A/C almost every day. But very little stop-and-go; mostly highway miles.

Now, I can be honest and say that I'd love to have a new Charger, Challenger, 300 or diesel-powered Ram. But, at the one month point, I have no regrets about getting a Dart. It's exactly what I need for my commute. It's not simply an appliance like some small cars, but actually a fun little car. I heartily recommend it to anybody and everybody. If you want all the goodies, get a Limited model. Or, if you want all the goodies with just a bit more performance, then the GT model would be the one to get. And, the SXT is ideal for most people unless you want the more fuel-efficient Aero model or the rather spartan SE model.

Bob Lincoln, somber, JA Cumbo and 2 others like this.
  8. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

Glad you're enjoying your purchase.

tlc likes this.
  9. tlc

tlc Active Member

I have had mine for 13 months now. I am very happy with it. 2016 SXT Ralleye. Torred. 2.4 with the stick. Rides great. Highway mileage is great. Drove to Vermont and back. One way is 14 1/2 hours. Total of 2 stops. Was not stiff when I got out of the car and still had over 1/4 tank of gas.

somber, AvengerGuy and MPE426HEMI like this.
  10. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Active Member

So, a couple weeks ago, a friend needed me to bring something over to her apartment. On the way over, I encountered an orange, 2013 Dart on the side of the road with a flat tire, and a white Dart parked behind it. The girl with the white Dart noticed me drive by and waved, though we don't know each other. Just fellow Dart owner-enthusiasts. There was also another vehicle, the driver of whom was helping change the tire. On the way back from this 5 to maybe 7 mile round-trip, I encountered a bright blue Dart and a dark blue Dart.

Coming back from some errand last week, I spotted a bright red (Torred) Dart stopped at a traffic light. The young female appeared to be looking down at her phone when I was passing by so I lightly honked my horn. This was my first observation of a second, Torred 2016 Dart in my home town of about 50K people.

Also, for perhaps 6 months or so I've occasionally passed by a home with both a white Dart and a blue Dart in the driveway. Possibly his and hers Darts. Now, ever since the Torred color became available on the 2016 Dart, I've had the intention to get a Torred 2016. So, my thought has been to do a patriotic photo shoot of the three (red, white and blue) Darts. Still a future project once I meet the owners of the white and blue cars.

11. JA Cumbo

JA Cumbo Enjoying the ride.
    Supporter

During the time I had my 2015 Vitamin C Dart, I made it a game to spot the orange Darts, In our small town there was another Orange Dart with the blacktop package just like mine. That made it interesting and and a bit confusing for family members thinking they had seen me or my wife out somewhere. I helped the other Dart finally got personalized plates that helped lessen the confusion.

12. somber

somber 370,000 miles
    Level III Supporter

My daughter crossed 100K miles in her 2013 Dart Limited last month. We bought it in August of 2012, so it's 5 years old now. She still enjoys the car. I really wish they had built the Dart SRT, or even the GLH - I'd be driving one.

13. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Active Member

Well, I just went to run a few errands a little bit ago. You'll never guess what old car I encountered only 1/2 mile from my house. A 1976 Dodge Dart! In green with a white vinyl top, and in pretty good original shape. A short distance behind was a late model Dart. Then, a second late model Dart, and then a third (orange one). Then went past a black one in front of someone's house. Then, a little farther was another black one in a driveway. Coming back from the errands I encountered a sixth Dart, a blue one. What else I saw before I got back home was a Tesla.

Citation84 likes this.
  14. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Active Member

With my most recent fill-up, have been 5,000 miles in the Dart. The average MPG to date is 39 [38.97]. No issues at all. And, much as I'm quite happy with it, would still very much like a 6-speed manual Dart SE with the Rallye package. Autotrader.com shows there are still more than a few unsold, new 2016 Darts.

somber and Bob Lincoln like this.
  15. tlc

tlc Active Member

The 6 speed manual with the 2.4 is fun to drive. Highway mileage is very good. 38-40.

somber and Bob Lincoln like this.