AF: New 2016 Dart Owner | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2016 Dart Owner

Discussion in 'New Dart' started by AvengerGuy, Jun 14, 2017.

1. faliray

faliray Active Member

Thanks.

tlc likes this.
  2. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

That is crazy how good of mileage they get. I will keep that in mind! They look really cool too. What engine do yall recommend in the dart?

3. tlc

tlc Well-Known Member

I have the 2.4 with the manual and ralleye package. 2016. Have 59,000 miles on it. Have only added 1 quart of oil between changes total. Now if you drive above 80, the mileage dips to about 34-35. But, it is fun to drive at those speeds.

Panterasr9 likes this.
  4. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

Is the 2.4 the fast one?

5. tlc

tlc Well-Known Member

The largest one offered for the Dart. The Dart isn't the fastest around, the manual seems quicker than the auto.

wolfsblood07 likes this.
  6. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

How has the repair history been? I originally wanted that drivetrain combo in the Dart, but none to be found here. Then I heard some not-so-good stories about the car in general, and opted for a 200.

7. tlc

tlc Well-Known Member

No repairs. Been a great car. No squeaks or rattles either. Still on the original brake pads too.

Bob Lincoln likes this.
  8. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Well-Known Member

I'd first say to, if possible, drive all three to see what YOU like. Personally, I find that you can go plenty fast in the 2.0L and 6-speed automatic. Such that I don't think that the 2.4L is noticeably much faster. But I purposely chose the 2.0L because for a commute it seems slightly better for fuel economy. But, depending on driving style, Your Mileage May Vary. I find the Dart feels solid and comfortable. As well as easily maneuverable.
    Oh, and zero repairs for me. Just oil changes.

#28 AvengerGuy, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    tlc and Panterasr9 like this.
  9. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Well-Known Member

Most of the Darts I see for sale on CraigsList look to be pretty good deals. Except for some very low mileage cars, it seems like the car doesn't hold it's value so well. But that's a good thing when you're looking to buy. But then again, the 2013s came out in 2012, and so they've been out a while.