AF: New Chrysler 300 SRT | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Chrysler 300 SRT

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by voiceofstl, Jan 9, 2020.

1. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

The Chrysler 300 SRT Pacer is the perfect performance sedan that is a perfect fit for the whole family. While the car was last sold in the United States in 2015 thanks to the FCA, one can pick up the special edition seen here in other parts of the world such as Australia.

Thats right, you can get a 300 with the 6.4 hemi down under.

HotCarNut, XRT2SRT and Dave Z like this.
  2. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

Yes, FCA cou;d use a Performance Car built for adults. The GC Trac Hawk fills this roll but some would like a fast Sedan that doesn’t look like a Cartoon.

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  3. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

The title of this thread sure got me excited...…..but alas...…...nothing from the factory.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  4. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

That looks awesome, too bad we don't get them here!

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  5. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

I love the engine, brakes, etc, but what I really want is the 300C available with the mechanicals including a magnetorheological suspension setup (Ferrari licensed it, so it's in the portfolio). I actually don't care if it's the 6.4L or the twin turbo setup from the Maserati lineup, so long as it has north of 470hp. I want a stealth hotrod with a great transmission that can do 130 as easily as 60.

XRT2SRT and Donte Lindsey like this.
  6. Suhail

Suhail Member

The 300 SRT has never stopped in the Middle East. From 2006 to now. (No SRT for 2011 models you know) Search on YouTube there’s a lot of videos and reviews in Saudi Arabia and UAE... extra. And for the Australian market there’s two 300 SRT models. The core and 392. Even it comes with the brown lather interior like the Dodge hellcat. I really sorry for the Americans who loves this car, they can’t get one of the best luxury sports sedan America made these days because “fiats”, I find that really painful thing.

I really don’t understand why FCA doing this for Chrysler and for the 300 lovers. I really heat the Italian for that.

cdjr77, eaglecars and HotCarNut like this.
  7. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

I recall seeing 2 2012 SRT 300s sitting on the dealer lot, the black one for 18 months, the white for almost 2 years (maybe more). I think it was like that at a lot of dealers. With the refresh, FCA substantially raised the price of the 300 SRT, from 2006's typical price of $46k delivered, to a hair over $52k delivered. Yes, more standard stuff, but most cars had options that took that $47k delivered price way up. Also keep in mind that the price of gas was nearly $4 a gallon in 2012 and 2013, and people were quite hesitant to buy these types of cars coming out of a recession. It was bad timing for a 6.4 liter V8, even if it did add MDS. It didn't help that the 5 speed got knocked on every review for only having 5 speeds, despite being tuned better and better than Toyota or Honda 4-speeds. Nor did the "Soft" refresh, people wanted the bold look of the original "Love it or hate it" design that's actually aged really well - better than the current, IMO *(Coming from someone who used to be in the hate it camp). If they launched it today, it might cannibalize Charger Scat Packs, but it would probably transact higher. Without looking at actual numbers, I suspect that the 2015+ Scat Chargers far outsell the 2012-2014 SRTs (Core/Super Bee/SRT) combined, due to their 40k number on the sticker, even if with options they usually push nearly $50k.

HotCarNut likes this.
  8. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

I think at that price, people thought they were getting an AMG or an M car. What Chrysler offered was a Chrysler. Not that there was anything wrong with that, but since it’s build was old school steel, that means no composite or hydro formed or fancy doodads.
    In the end, dodge worked because people expected a dodge and got one. There were too many high hopes for Chrysler

9. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

I think it was more disappointment around the interior and that there wasn't a difference to the Charger interior, but the price was about $2k higher for the 300 SRT. Had they dropped the full leather interior into it and the top level sound system, so it felt like a big premium difference to the Charger, they could have probably UPPED the price to a $4k premium.

valiant67 likes this.
  10. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Yes, the Chrysler SRT likely failed because it offered "mainstream" trim and options while they tried to get a price premium for it. It was a victim of the brand confusion going on at the time.

Chebby7, HotCarNut, joewho and 5 others like this.