AF: New Dodge Commercial: Family Motto | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dodge Commercial: Family Motto

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by DrMark, Oct 2, 2020.

1. DrMark

DrMark Well-Known Member

2. mrkovash

mrkovash Active Member

That must kill Scotty Kilmer

3. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

I think I would have liked it better if it HAD been Scotty Kilmer:D

Well...So much for Dodge trying to broaden it's appeal to more than just the boy-racer crowd:D

gforce2002 and Adventurer55 like this.
  4. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

I'm looking for opinions and thoughts form those in the Southern US who watched this commercial.

Watching this commercial as someone from Sinful Wicked Godless Olde New England......I think that if I were a Southerner, I would be annoyed with the stereotypes portrayed in the ad......with my sensibilities offended.

Is my reaction a little too sensitive?......How do you authentic Southerners out there feel?

P.S. Today...I tried eating some Canned Boiled Peanuts for the very first time.
    Stupid me...I didn't even realize the peanuts would still be in the shells! :oops:
    I also quickly discovered how incredibly salty they were from the brine they were cooked in. Even rinsing the peanuts out in plain water didn't help much.

Am I missing something here? Do Southerners actually like and enjoy Boiled Peanuts?

#4 77 Monaco Brougham, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  5. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

Honestly, I thought it a stupid commercial. Far beneath what we've seen them pull off in the past.

DC-93, HotCarNut and James A like this.
  6. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

As a Texan and lifetime southerner I could care less. Then again we country folk are not overly sensitive snowflakes either.

DrMark, Morty, finc.jb and 3 others like this.
  7. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

That wasn't a good ad. Really brings down the Dodge name in my opinion.

I like the southerners, but this ad just seems really ... I'm not sure the word ... It clearly will not appeal to most people.

DC-93, HotCarNut and LeeRyder like this.
  8. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

Low rent and classless are the words I think of.

Not necessarily keywords you want associated when people are spending $80k.

9. fast98dodge

fast98dodge Totally Spent
    Level 2 Supporter

I love the commercial. In an era of political correctness it's refreshing to see a company have the balls to make an ad like this.

eastcoaster, finc.jb and Devildodge like this.
  10. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

I mean they used a movies likeness os there's no reason to be offended...

finc.jb and Devildodge like this.
  11. mopar22

Btw tim i think it was said there was something hidden in this commercial, what is it?

12. dakota21

Supporter

Probably the new AC DC song.

13. dodge999

dodge999 Active Member

People ar more and more concern about the environment, the climate chage and the effiiciency of their cars and less and less concern about supercars, super performances. BTW who really care about ann engine with 500 hp .700 hp, 1000 hp and why not at some point a1500 hp ? Not me for sure. Instead Dodge should be the leader of hybrid performance that will be enligned with the decate. Theav the old school guy with their memories.
    For myself I would like to have a Dodge Journey base on the Alfa Romeo Stelvio with a PHEV engine but I think that will happen soon so I would have to take a Jeep Compass PHEV if they bring it in NA.

gforce2002 likes this.
  14. AvengerGuy

AvengerGuy Well-Known Member

Let's just say that I am not going to disrespect that commercial. I am a lifelong car-nut kind of guy who can appreciate it for what it is. I enjoy it for its' entertainment value.

Have owned a 1969 Charger R/T. A 1972 Charger SE. (4) 1973 Charger Rallyes. A 1986 Shelby Charger. (2) Dodge Spirit R/Ts. A 1971 Challenger. Old Chrysler 300s of the early 1960s. And, many other Mopar vehicles. And, have no problem admitting I'm kinda past being into the current performance cars, which I nevertheless still appreciate.

OK, after a little more thought, have come up with this. Essentially, other automakers offer one or more performance or even high-performance vehicles. BUT, Dodge is the brand for REALLY high-performance vehicles!

#14 AvengerGuy, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    finc.jb likes this.
  15. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

Well as a Canadian smothered by the PC of the Toronto metropolis, i love it !
    It should stand out from the average ad.

eastcoaster, finc.jb and thebluegoat like this.
  16. ChargerZ

ChargerZ Active Member

I liked the commercial and as a southerner from old Florida I don't get offended by stereotypes, I think I don't get offended because I think for myself, why get offended? Because some snowflake says I should? and yes, we like boiled peanuts, but we get them from roadside stands or the race track, not out of a can. This commercial reminded me of Nascar

17. mopar22

There are tons of companies just like dodge that do it better tbh. Audi is one that comes to mind, especially over in Europe. But the gist of it for the us is rs3, rs5 (two different versions), rs6, rs7, ttrs, r8, q rs8, there's also s models that are a slightly different engine (single turbo vs 2 and a different bore) but still can make pretty decent power. For the rs models they range from a turbo inline 5, twin turbo v6, and a twin turbo v8, the r8 has a v10. In short, audi does what dodge wants to do but better since they cater to more people

18. Stéphane Dumas

Stéphane Dumas Well-Known Member

finc.jb likes this.
  19. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

You have to choose to be offended by something.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of this lowbrow humor, and especially not from Will Ferrell. Something about that dude just puts me off in a try-too-hard-to-be-funny sorta way. The only problem I see with it is that simply put: They're trying to cater to a market that can't afford the cars new. lol

20. HD

HD Active Member

Insulting your customers is not a good way to sell cars