AF: New Dodge Crossover | Page 5 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dodge Crossover

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by NWbyNW, Sep 23, 2019.

1. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

That's exactly how I feel when I look at myself in the bathroom mirror after showering.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Zagnut27 likes this.
  2. DineNdash

DineNdash Member

To your point, FCA hammered Cherokee incentives to the point that Belvidere Assembly Is almost obsolete.

According to Belvidere local news affiliates, FCA has dropped a shift and continue to go through cycles of ‘volume related layoffs’

According to reports, the workers have been able to transfer. Some already placed, others waiting on the new retro fitted plant.

Does FCA follow suit, and cut the Belvidere fat?

3. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

I can just see the ole liberty getting a stripe job real soon.:p:D

Zagnut27 likes this.
  4. cygnus

cygnus Well-Known Member

FCA needs this segment (something smaller than Grand Cherokee but larger than Compass) but the product need to be something new/unique for that segment.

There is hope that the next version of Cherokee is RWD/has better packaging to increase interior room. I've heard rumors that what they have in clay right now is more blocky, akin to XJ. This design language is also shared with the upcoming Grand Wagoneer.

Zagnut27, UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.
  5. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Ooooooooooooooooooohhh!! I LIKE HOW YOU THINK!! “Hey Dear, I know you want me to trade the Liberty...but PICTURE THIS: STRIPES!!” That could just be the ammunition I need! (Probably for a divorce). :D:p

HotCarNut, UN4GTBL, wtxiceman and 2 others like this.
  6. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Consider yourself lucky. My Ram has both of our names on the title and my wife refuses to let me trade it. Not that I can afford another vehicle, but I digress. :(

7. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

My Liberty is a relic from back when we were dating, so it’s the only vehicle we have that just has my name on it. So it’s mine all mine!! Broooooohaaaaaahaaaaaaaa!! (That’s probably not something to get so excited for, but I’ll take what I can get).

We just got done buying a new house, so a new vehicle purchase will probably be in the spring. We’ve been putting off buying until after we decided on buying a house vs having one built vs renovating our old home. We were going back and forth for at least a couple of years. Now that that’s all done, it’ll be the end of the road for my Liberty and probably my Mustang too. We’ll keep the Encore and the Audi.

I’m excited to start looking and test driving. :)

HotCarNut, UN4GTBL and Doug D like this.
  8. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

Sounds like base FWD Dodge Journey 4-cyl will be waiting for you.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  9. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Oh...ummm....boy?? Yippeee?? (Starts crying) :(

10. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

My daughter is in the market for a house. She and her fiance have three kids and currently they are in a 3 bedroom apartment. They pay almost as much in rent as I do for a mortgage so they want to get into a house within the next year. But she currently has a '12 Sonata that is a tight fit for the 5 of them so they want to get a minivan or 8 seat SUV after her Sonata is paid off in January.

My advice to her was get the house first because as a first time home buyer it will take everything you have to get into the house and a new car loan will not help or be looked on favorably by the mortgage company.

Congrats on the new house !

11. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Belvedere's future will be determined by this contract I believe. It's the odd man out along with Brampton. I wouldn't be buying a house in the area with a 30 year mortgage if I was a worker there. Guys at Brampton have to wait another year before they will know.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  12. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Yay! No muli-sized GC.. lol

13. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I started talking about the XJ-style rear-drive Cherokee a while back as a "wish list" item ... and we know these things tend to travel in circles...

Zagnut27 and cygnus like this.
  14. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

A few widows in my senior complex still drive the Rams their husbands left to them.

pug-man likes this.
  15. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

This is something I pondered over the past few days: building JOURNEY'$ replacement on LC and naming it MAGNUM or NITRO (my favorite)..

16. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Thanks! This our third home purchase, and our mortgage guy still recommended not buying a vehicle if we didn’t have to at the time. Probably because we were buying without having the sale of our old house be a contingency (we were selling it, but weren’t yet ready to list it). He said the less they had to nitpick the better, especially considering how expensive houses have become, and we’d be carrying 2 mortgages potentially for a while (thankfully not). It’s always wise to minimize your extra expenses when trying to buy a house though. There’s always moving expenses, new furniture, cleaning, etc to have to pay for too. Houses are money pits. :D

Otherwise we were pretty close to pulling the trigger on a GT Durango. I’d prefer an RT, but we can’t get one without leather seats (wife’s preference)...whereas the GT you can.

We shall see next spring. As I said above, I really can’t wait to start looking. I love house shopping (not buying lol), and I love car shopping (not buying). :D

I’m hoping there will be some surprises in the upcoming auto shows.

Chris mopar likes this.
  17. Chebby7

Chebby7 Active Member

I was thinking in my mind of Dodge RWD CUV named "Rimfire". I always liked it when Chrysler named their cars after gun stuff, Magnum, Caliber, Crossfire, Firepower Concept.

18. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

Isn't rimfire what you call the day after eating too much spicy food? :D

XRT2SRT, KrisW, UN4GTBL and 2 others like this.
  19. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

sorry but that Name sound like a Grand Theft Auto 5 car just to make fun of the name. lol.

Speaking of GTA5, this was just released lol The Gauntlet Hellfire lol

[​IMG]

Chebby7 and ScramFan like this.
  20. Matthew

Matthew Is pushing for progress!

I think it is not model year for FCA rumored dates but the year the model will come out, IE the new factory should be done this year so the new GC should start production this year probably as a 2021 then the 2021 rumored vehicles will come out in 2021 and be 2022 models and so on. That seems to be how it has worked in the past (once things get past the delayed stage)

So who know next few years might be exciting with new model releases.