AF: New Dodge Crossover | Page 6 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dodge Crossover

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by NWbyNW, Sep 23, 2019.

1. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Well-Known Member

Oooh, a RWD boxy next gen Cherokee would be enough to get me to trade my KL in...

CherokeeVision and Zagnut27 like this.
  2. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

You're not the only one !
    I'm tired of all the jellybean lookalike vehicles out there.

XRT2SRT and UN4GTBL like this.
  3. 66coronet

66coronet Well-Known Member

My wish; FCA would take the pacifica platform and spin off vehicles. Based on the ability for it to be a hybrid and a EV. Similar to the Journey, they could make the pacifica a 4dr. with a new body. As for Voyager, stop making a me too lower trim model. Put new front face on it and keep it lower trim style for affordability. Maybe toss in some old mayflower pictures on emblems from Plymouth. Maybe even make it a PT ish van like with fiat 500 headlights. As for Dodge Caravan, it should have a separate body than the pacifica. Maybe get with the aftermarket to see what they like to offer in design that is customizable. Easy change out front grill for custom grills. Like spider web, or teeth, or .... plus rubber ground effects option. I hate drivers that park by hitting tire to curb, thus destroying ground effects. People like that don't deserve that option. I still think the Pacifica should have a spin off FWD car like the LHS & concord.

rmtodd likes this.
  4. Cajun300C

Cajun300C Well-Known Member

I had a 2007 Commander and a 2011 Liberty. Both were boxy and I loved it.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  5. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

IMO the Caravan can potentially have the quickest development from the Pacifica. Whether you put a 2.0T in it or tune the 3.6 Hyrbid so it produces more power off the line then replace the Pacifica taillights with racetracs similar to the Durango and replace the bumper with a Dodgeque bumper and grills. Don't change the sheet metal or anything else in the van. From day 1 those cars looked like carbon copies of each other. You don't need to go very far to make them distinguishable. My understanding is the problems come from crash rating it and putting a suspension that can support the powertrain. The thing is: keep it simple. Its a minivan. The Dodge version just needs to be a faster version of the minivans. I doesn't need to blow the doors off a Hellcat. Think about the Turbo mini's of the 80's. Something like that.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  6. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I'd got a step further, if it was up to me: Dodge as the short wheelbase, Chrysler as the long wheelbase. I realize there's not much call for short wheelbase, but it's the easiest way to get better acceleration.

XRT2SRT and gforce2002 like this.
  7. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

A 3.6 Caravan has plenty of acceleration, at least at legal speeds.

8. flffddy

flffddy Active Member

There's no need for significant changes to the Voyager to make it a Caravan. Exchange the grille with something with a crosshair and swap out the headlights with something that has the Charger signature D shaped running lights. If you do this right you can keep the same bumper. Don't try to make it a sports van. It's the cheap van. Get rid of the Voyager and sell the new Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Pacifica.

Donte Lindsey and UN4GTBL like this.
  9. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Sounds like badge engineering to me.

10. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

They already had a Dodge branded Pacifica ready to go in the design room years ago.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

They need a Dodge branded Pacifica that is cheap and affordable.

12. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

NO.

13. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

How about a Chrysler branded Voyager that is cheap and affordable?

XRT2SRT, UN4GTBL, wilbur and 5 others like this.
  14. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

Just got a new 2020 Durango SXT In - Violet . I ordered it and it took a mere 3 weeks from signing until it showed up at the dealer . Even the lower end Durango's are really nice . Can't imagine why you would need a V8 other than the fun of driving it , the Pentastar has more than enough guts to push that vehicle and its even more fun in Sport mode . I have zero complaints other than a couple of scratches on the front bumper that will be taken care of . The paint job is flawless , love the configurable dash and all the parameters you can look at from tranny temps to oil temps, oil pressure etc . The 850RE ZF designed 8 speed auto has almost imperceptable shifting . It's really quiet and has zero rattles so far . Initial build quality is fantastic and here's hoping for long term quality . Fingers crossed .

XRT2SRT, UN4GTBL, HotCarNut and 10 others like this.
  15. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

And you can have 2nd row stow and go . That is stupid not having it as an option . I have it on my 14 GC AVP model that i paid $22000 for .

UN4GTBL likes this.
  16. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

It will be. You'll just have to buy it used from Hertz or Enterprise. I suspect they're going to change this 2nd row non-S&G nonsense once they realize the Voyager won't sell w/out S&G.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  17. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

Mine would be disappearing too.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  18. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

They'll probably change it when the pacifica gets a refresh so the Voyager can use the old body and differentiate the two better

UN4GTBL likes this.
  19. tabutler

tabutler Member

From what I've read the Voyager will be branded as a Dodge in Canada. Just head north to buy one.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  20. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Could order the grille and badges and just swap it into the US model.