AF: New Dodge Crossover | Page 7 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dodge Crossover

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by NWbyNW, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Congrats! I can't wait to go shopping, but it'll be a little while, gonna be pretty busy over the next few months. I definitely want to take a look at a Durango, it's still very high on my list. When I mention it to my wife, she doesn't shoot down the idea of a Durango...she just says disdainfully "it looks like a man's car". Um, yeah, so what's your point?? :D

2. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Why would anyone make a gender specific car? You'd lose 50% of your customer base right off rip. Look what happened to the beetle.

3. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

I have this weird picture floating around in my head of the two of you "negotiating" over what the next vehicle should look like, and I see this frightening looking image of something that looks like the love child of a Durango and a VW New Beetle.

If I only had the art / drawing / photoshop skills, I'd post the image myself!:D

XRT2SRT, tlc and Zagnut27 like this.
  4. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Have you seen a Dodge commercial lately?
    They are definitely promoting an image that appeals more to male than female buyers.

5. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Marketing and specifically designing a car to a gender are two different things. The beetle had a vase in the dashboard. I know quite a lot of women who love speed and drool over the Dodge fleet.

UN4GTBL, tlc and Ryan like this.
  6. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

My wife picked the Durango over the Highlander, Pilot, JGC which was my pick and Mercedes GLE. Well she really like the GLE, but didn't think it was worth the extra coin over a Citadel D.

7. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I don’t think they, in general, make gender specific vehicles. It is true that the human genders can perceive colors, shapes, textures, etc differently so that may influence how one perceives a vehicle...whether it appears to be more masculine or feminine. Cultural background plays a role in that, as does genetics. The whole nature vs nurture argument (which usually ends up being some combination of influences from both). It can be very subjective.

If everyone perceived everything the same way, we’d all be driving the same cars in the same colors.

Hopefully this makes sense, I keep nodding off while I’m typing. It’s was a long, brutal night at work...

8. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Our next vehicle will be a Durango. My dilemma is choosing between a V6 and a Hemi. After reading your post I think a Pentastar is a safe choice.

9. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

The Durango V6 feels faster than my Charger V6. Specs say otherwise, but it has a quicker seat-of-the-pants feel.

Adventurer55 likes this.
  10. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

I’d love to have Crossover for the family.
    The problem for me is,

GC is in its last model year, but we won’t see the next generation until Q4 2020, which mist likely means it won’t go on sale until early 2021.

VW new Cross Sport won’t be on sale until end if Q1 2020.

Mazda CX9 is nice but I prefer at least a 6 cylinder in its size.

Kia Telluride and Hyundai Pallaside, even though they are nice, they are not my taste at least in this design.

Jeep Wagoner is at least a couple of years away and so is the new Durango. The current Durango even though it is nice, it needs an update like the L-cars

tabutler likes this.
  11. Adventurer55

There are Tellurides everywhere here in se Tennessee. I don't really get the appeal. Are they still having engine issues with Hyundai/Kia?

UN4GTBL likes this.
  12. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

It’s not like all of their engines have issues. The venerable 3.8L V6 is fine. And the appeal is that they look premium, have decent fuel economy, are packaged wonderfully, and have great features at an attractive price. What’s not to like? They did their research and deserve the praise and sales.

13. HoboChangba

HoboChangba Active Member

Hate to bust anyone's bubble but I'm so glad my wife went with a 300S instead of a Compass / Cherokee.

UN4GTBL, HotCarNut and wtxiceman like this.
  14. rmtodd

rmtodd Well-Known Member

If it's a bad idea to market to only 50% of the population, it's absolutely insane to sell any RAM truck, any Chrysler, or Dodge Chargers, Challengers, or Caravans, because SUV/CUV's now command nearly 50% of the market, with all other types necessarily getting way, way less.

15. James A

James A Active Member

My dad has an Optima from 2009 that has over 200k miles and all hes ever done is change the oil. Zero issues. They make good cars.

16. Adventurer55

In the end it's still a Kia. I heard the same argument with their minivan. It hasn't overtaken any van as a sales leader.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  17. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

That’s so much less relevant now than it was even a few years ago. Hyundai and Kia make great vehicles.

Besides, it’s not like Dodge or Chrysler have a better reputation than Kia.

18. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

Can't argue with you there. Test drove a 2018 Kia Soul that my sister bought. I wasn't expecting much, but left pretty impressed. The 1.6L turbo in that little car was a hoot to drive.

19. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Of course we’ll end up getting whatever I want. I’m the king of my castle, and I definitely wear the pants in our family. When I give a command, all others give...wait...um....ssshhhhhhhhh....did you hear something?? I think I heard a car door....I think that’s my wife.....coming Dear!!! :p

20. Adventurer55

I'm sure my wife would buy whatever caught her eye if she wasn't married to me. With that said, there are two things she had to accept when she married me, boxer dogs, and Chrysler products.

Satellite Saint likes this.