AF: New evidence for a FWD Chrysler 300 | Page 22 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New evidence for a FWD Chrysler 300

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, May 6, 2016.

1. Lee I

Lee I New Member

The men and women of Brampton assembly deserve credit as well for their launch activities and quality workmanship post launch
    hopefully that's taken into consideration when product allocation comes into play

2. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

to quote Heart:
    "If the real thing don't do the trick, no
    You better make up something quick
    You gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn it to the wick
    Oooo, _____-_________"
    ;)

danbek, dakota21, HotCarNut and 3 others like this.
  3. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

Lmfao!!! :p

danbek likes this.
  4. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Barracuda fishy :rolleyes:

5. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Really over thinking.

Mike

MoparDanno likes this.
  6. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Don't make me say Marlin:confused:

7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Well it is possible. I think making the 300 FWD would be a big mistake since FCA can't seem to sell FWD successfully in NAFTA. However, remember the 300 has had a very successful FWD past thanks to the Eagle Vision.... errrr I mean Chrysler 300M.

8. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Fine. Tarpon.

Mike V. and danbek like this.
  9. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Building a "new" FWD 300M wouldn't mean the car would particularly pick up from where the 04 M left off. The 300M was a very nice and stylish sedan that came out after years and years of k-car based vehicles.

The 300M was then one upped by the 300C. In order to keep this going they have to one up the 300C - I am not so sure that is a van based FWD car.

In all honesty, it should probably be some crazy stylish full electric AWD car. The 300E.

Medicin-Man likes this.
  10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

I personally think its a big mistake. FCA US is struggling to sell their FWD based sedans currently. The current 300 Series has had solid sales over the past few years.

EVOL and valiant67 like this.
  11. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

I really think it can be argued either way. I'm not a fan of the decision personally... But I can't buy the 300 I want anyway.

Mike

HotCarNut and wtxiceman like this.
  12. Stratuscaster

Apples and oranges, Bob. The only FWD sedans currently offered are not large cars - different segments and different markets.

Go back and look at the sales of the LH. They had NO problem moving those FWD sedans - and no problem moving mid-size and compact FWD sedans either.

djsamuel, jerseyjoe and Mike V. like this.
  13. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

We loved our 94 Eagle Vision. Personally that design still looks good today.
    I do wish that it hadn't had the tie rod end problems, the repeated air conditioner freezing up problem and the totally unexpected transmission failure.
    But those things didn't stop us from shopping Chrysler in 2008 when it was time to replace it.

What stopped us from buying in late 2008 were the horrible Daimler era interiors.

For a large comfortable people mover I have no problem with it being front wheel drive.
    It's trying to use front wheel drive based for an off road SUV is where I'll never buy.

14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Well that last 1998-2004 LH cars were ahead of their time. They were different than any other manufacturers products at the time. The styling still looks fresh today. Intrepid, Concorde, LHS and 300M were all beautiful. Nowadays, the FCA FWD products share the same styling elements like greenhouse shapes and look like everything else on the road. FCA needs to build vehicles outside the box, similar to those last generation LH cars or the 2005 LX cars that are totally different than anything out there that sets them apart from the cars in the segment. I would love to see how the 300M would fair in todays market with Pentastar power, quality of materials and the FCA infotainment systems.

@Stratuscaster they just need to get out of the follow the others lead and set themselves apart from the sedans.

15. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Different times and different tastes - I think the 200 looks great, better than the 300M, and no, I dont believe it would magically be a sales success if it were larger. As Bob said, they need to step outside the box to keep 300 going, not step back to the late 90's. It would fail.

16. Stratuscaster

I'm not suggesting they do. But I am suggesting that there is a place for a modern interpretation of that type of car.

It's appears that the "young banker/young executive" crowd is still looking at BMW and Audi and Mercedes after having a brief flirtation with the 300. At least, that's what I'm seeing around my area.

IMHO, that's where the Alfa Romeo Giulia will play, too.

HotCarNut, jerseyjoe and Mike V. like this.
  17. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

That tells me something, need more American engeneering.

Lee I likes this.
  18. con383

con383 Well-Known Member

Lets not forget that there are some of us not as fortunate enough to live in the U.S. therefore we do not have access to
    the Next best RWD Mopar available (Charger) so the 300c srts are it !
    Change it to FWD and there will be some Repercussions in those sales
    unless the Charger is available to those potential customers.

19. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Unless the 300 can come back as a Tesla P85D beating 300E that's full electric and runs 10's, while allowing you to sleep while on your way back from work - kill it until it can.

Prabhjot likes this.
  20. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Which 300 do you want?

MoparDanno likes this.