Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New from SC

Discussion in 'Welcome to Allpar!' started by nanasue1947, Jul 9, 2017.

1. nanasue1947

nanasue1947 Member

2004 PT Cruiser. Just had $800 work done to include a A/C compressor. 1 week later, no air in car and red indicator light on with code P1028. Please help.

2. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Welcome to Allpar. Sounds like an incompetent "technician" did the repair. I'd head back to that shop and raise cane with them. Or use a cane on them. The engine code means that perhaps your thermostat is stuck open or you either have a faulty coolant temp sensor or it's come unplugged. I'd check the plug first. They may have disconnected it while "working" on your a/c.

#2 chuzz, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    jerseyjoe likes this.
  3. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

AC work is expensive so I learned to do it myself. If it requires under dash work you will probably be better off going to a dealer, costs more but usually better off. Reporting to Better Business Bureau puts pressure on the shop. Before your next repair post questions here in tech help, knowing what you are talking about gives you an advantage advantage . I know money comes hard these days but most times an expensive repair is better than a new vehicle.

4. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

It appears to be two separate issues.

Definition of check engine code P1028:
    Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep:

ECU Does Not See Wide Open Throttle

I assume by the "no air" comment the OP means no cold air and the fan works. I would take the vehicle back and demand the shop repair it correctly. Evidently there is a leak and all the freon is now gone. I guess it is possible the throttle linkage was disturbed during the AC work. Further diagnosis will be required.

5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Welcome to the site