AF: New Grand Wagoneer design | Page 10 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Grand Wagoneer design

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by 12soldier, Sep 3, 2020.

?

New Grand Wagoneer design

Poll closed Wednesday at 5:44 PM.
  1. No thanks

23 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. Yes, please

48 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Almost, but not quite

76 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. Chrysler UK

Chrysler UK Active Member

Well at least there will be a Wagoneer that isn't underpowered compared to the competition. However...

I would agree that Jeep doesn't need to make Trackhawk versions of their SUVs so long as Dodge exists as a "Performance Brand".

Likewise if Stellantis are worried about how much they can sell a "Dodge Hellcat" version of the Wagoneer (perhaps they could reuse the Magnum name for their version of the WS), well they seem to have no problems selling Chargers & Durangos in the $70,000-$77,000 range. So if they can manage that with a Full-Size Sedan & Mid-Size SUV, Stellantis should have no problems selling the "Hellcat Magnum" for $90,000-$100,000.

Especiallly when GMC has no problem selling their Yukon's for as high as $88,000+...

To be fair, it would be the coolest school bus around...

Grand Wagoneer Trackhawk aside; if Stellantis are unwilling to put the 6.4L HEMI V8 into any Wagoneer, they need to offer a detuned version of the 6.2L "Hellcat" HEMI V8 instead (with around 500-550 bhp) alongside the full 707 bhp version.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  2. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

AFAIK Wagoneers will come exclusively with V8 i.e. Hemi engine options at least till GME T6 becomes available.

HEMI345, Chrysler UK and ScramFan like this.
  3. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

That's pretty much what MoparInsiders said, too. Makes sense to me. Worries me that GME seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth.

djsamuel likes this.
  4. Chrysler UK

I hope your right; because even in the Mopar Insiders Report that I was refering to, they where still talking about the Wagoneer getting the Pentastar V6.

Likewise do you have any information about the Wagoneer getting the 6.4 HEMI V8 after launch?

I have heard that FCA are trying to perfect the GME-T6 before releasing it, but I am not sure how true it exactly is. Hopefully the engines will be ready by the time the Wagoneer goes into production.

5. redhed

Level III Supporter

6. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I'd heard it was getting the 6.4, might even be at launch. The GME is the big question. Keeping in mind what you see in UK may not be what we see in US. How many UK people would opt for the 392?

7. Chrysler UK

Assuming that we get the Wagoneer in Britain (1), I would imagine that the PHEV version would be the strongest seller among UK buyers over any of the HEMI V8 versions. However considering that the current Grand Cherokee is available as SRT (with 6.4L HEMI) & Trackhawk (with 6.2L "Hellcat" HEMI) versions in Britain; should Stellantis sell the Wagoneer in Britain, I would imagine that at least some HEMI V8 models would be offered with said model in Britain.

Likewise what would really help ICE sales of the Wagoneer (in places such as Britain) would be the introduction of the GME-T6 engine (assuming its more fuel efficient than the HEMI V8s); so if they can introduce it to the Wagoneer soon enough, then sales in Europe of said model would likely be higher than otherwise

(1) If Stellantis want the Wagoneer to take on the Range Rover and reach their sort of sales, it will have to be sold outside of North America.

8. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

You've convinced me. I was thinking of Range Rover in the back of my mind, I admit. That said, I wonder how a 5.7 Hemi Hybrid would work with today's technology.

There was supposedly a heavily updated version of the 5.7 in the works before SM cancelled it, now that the 5.7 is indefinitely reprieved, I wonder...

HotCarNut, Chrysler UK and hmk123 like this.
  9. Chrysler UK

Well if Stellantis used the same PHEV technology as they are planning to use for the Wrangler 4xe, I would imagine that a 5.7 HEMI PHEV would generate close to 500 bhp.

Are you saying that Chrysler was planning an addtional update (after the 2009 one) on the 5.7 HEMI V8? Would you mind telling me what was planned with the proposed update in question?

10. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

dims (2).jpeg
    That looks.. cheap. I hope these are place holders.. oof

Jeep-Grand_Wagoneer_Concept-2020-800-2a.jpg

If the exterior lighting isn't the same as the concept it's not going to stand out as well. It's going to look like an extra large Grand Cherokee and that's not a good thing.

dims.jpeg
    Definitely a lift-gate. Damn. I was still hoping. And with those cheap looking tail lights it looks like it could be a Nissan.

And to stave off the argument that this is a lower trim, I think the luxuries inside are where the trim needs to stand out, not the exterior. Because anyone can switch lighting out.. and having a bunch of crap looking Wagoneers is going to tarnish the brand they're trying to introduce. These trucks need to look lustworthy, every one of them. Cheap lights won't do that.

#190 suzq044, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  11. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

1000 % agree. They surely aren't cheapening it up before they release it, are they ?
    Damn I hope not.

page2171 and suzq044 like this.
  12. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

Of course it's going to look a bit cheaper looking than the concept. That's why it was a concept and not the production version.

13. 12soldier

12soldier Well-Known Member

Looks like they're continuing with that rear window and all. So 2027 perhaps they'll do it right with an update...? Hope owners don't try waving at me in this. I'll just keep looking strait ahead. Simply a screwed up design they won't admit to. Even in the video posted up a ways, the guy had to point things out by getting less than 2 feet away. If you have to point it out to me, it wasn't clever enough. Seriously considering that new 2021 Tahoe when the diesel drops in it. I was really hoping this Wagoneer would change my mind. Completely the opposite. I hate KIA, but their Telluride is more pleasing to look at on the exterior than this. Sickening to me.

Where I work people love to get new Jeeps and show them off, I can't wait to laugh at them if someone gets this hideous monstrosity. Interior and 7 seven slots are ideal, everything else.... except maybe the rims, looks like it's cheap and not thought out in the least. Those wooden headlight and roof rack treatments, it took a camera getting 1 foot from it to notice, so why bother?

14. HEMI345

HEMI345 Active Member

CAUGHT: Our Best Look Yet Of The 2022 Jeep® Wagoneer (WS): - Mopar Insiders[​IMG]
    3.6 again!

15. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

I need to stop being bitter but again, I can't believe I kept my hopes up for this. This vehicle should've been a walk in the park for FCA.

16. suzq044

They expect doesn't equal what will be. Just saying.

CDJSalesPro likes this.
  17. suzq044

I expected a little; not.. ugly plastic lookin' sh-stuff. Like that looks cheaper than idk.. an early 2000s kia? Almost looks like a walmart ididit-fix

UN4GTBL, HotCarNut and Chrysler UK like this.
  18. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

I dont understand what you folks wanted from the wagoneer? Did you want a complete throw back to the 80s wagoneer with fake wood chrome etc?
    Imho...and I believe I am a customer they are looking to bring in to buy this...this thing is gorgeous. I know most of the people here are die hard moparheads and despise jeep etc...but this will only sell as a jeep. Chrysler is dead. They have killed it. Dodge....they've beat that horse and rhe hellcst engine to a pulp. Dodge needs new cars...not suvs. Ive had several people in my age group etc. Say that to me. They don't want dodge or Chrysler suvs...they want jeep suvs. Offroad jeeps, fast jeeps, family jeeps, commuting jeeps, electric jeeps, hybrids etc. Same with Ram...they want more Ram vehicles. Mid size Ram truck etc.

19. HEMI345

HEMI345 Active Member

WS-0023 over here. Not sure if this is represent something.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. suzq044

I've already shown what would "fix" it for a lot of people. I've shown it on various platforms and people seem to like it as a Wagoneer way more. Everyone else just doesn't think the design has enough Wagoneer in it to be harping on the heritage bandwagon like they have been. Every SJ concept, every single ad or teaser.. all that lead up and you get a tiny nod in the grille crown, steering wheel and arm rest.. y'know? We didn't even get a clam shell rear gate.

A small bit of wood inlay all the way around that shoulder line and a full two tone paint job works wonders for this body, and gives it that little more nod to it.
    wagRearWood.jpg

#200 suzq044, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    UN4GTBL, XRT2SRT, edvan and 11 others like this.