NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New JL Wrangler pics - now wearing less camoflage

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by corpcow, Feb 24, 2017.

1. corpcow

corpcow Member

2. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Member Level 2 Supporter

Evolution for sure. Door/window height changes along with the drip rail running all the way back on the hardtop to close to the corner. Interesting that the rear section is covered basically where I think the modular aspect of the new hardtop will be seen. The corners are either hard or will be soft if power top is installed. Also interesting that the drip rail runs that far back. If the side window are removable it would make sense..... :)

3. FGA cheerleader

FGA cheerleader Member

VP?

So we are basically in the last six months till production.

4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

Backup camera confirmed? Since it is going to be required on all vehicles by May 2018 this has to be the least shocking aspect of the camouflaged Wrangler.

IMPERIAL4EVER, Mallard, JKU12 and 5 others like this.
  5. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Roughly, but the JK will overlap the JL... for a short period of time both old and new will be produced.

Mike

6. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

So true.

Mike

7. corpcow

corpcow Member

I don't see the door/window height change but drip rail definitely runs all the way back now. I like the new running boards. Don't have useless bumps and seems to be deeper too.

8. dakrt99

dakrt99 Active Member

So exciting. I am almost as excited for this than I am for the Demon. 2017 is going to be a very good year.

Lets keep track:

Compass
    Durango SRT
    Trackhawk
    Wrangler
    Demon
    Cherokee refresh

djsamuel and hemirunner426 like this.
  9. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

Yep, looks like the updates are finally coming. Sound like 2018 will be a great year too.

hemirunner426 likes this.
  10. aldo90731

aldo90731 Active Member Level III Supporter

Looks like a Sahara, judging by the side steps, the wheels and the road-biased tires.

Hard to tell, but I would even venture say those look like 33" tires on those 18" rims. That would be up from current 32".

Ruptured Duck and freshforged like this.
  11. 12soldier

12soldier Member

Grab handles

Attached Files:

12. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

13. K-9

K-9 Member

The first picture, showing the side and the rear cover, makes the Wrangler look like a more utilitarian Grand Cherokee to me.:D

14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Things like the rounded window edges and what not are all aero tricks to make JL fuel efficient.

15. 12soldier

12soldier Member

I was thinking that and it increases rigidity, much like the aircraft manufacturers use rounded edges.

wtxiceman likes this.