NewsDemon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon • Ram Longhorn to match trailers

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New JL Wrangler pics - now wearing less camoflage

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by corpcow, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Bionicrooster

Bionicrooster Member

@Ruptured Duck is that your Jeep? I love the CJ'esque paint job in the first pic.

Ruptured Duck likes this.
  2. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Member Level 2 Supporter

Was thinking about the camo hood and may have an answer as to why. Most of the things being hidden now are styling ques. We see that the grille has more of the YJ-TJ look as well and some other elements from earlier Jeeps. The lower A-pillar cowl area reminds me of the TJ as well. I hope the base model JL's get a little styling applied to the hoods. I think we will see a return of the YJ-TJ bulge to break up the large featureless hood. I'm not talking special packages just the everyday Wrangler.

3. AmpLighter

AmpLighter Member

yep I'll not argue the point. People are going to do what they're going to do and we've completely ruled out the 2018 -2019 Jeep wrangler all together. Guess we'll have to start looking for a 2017 or earlier.

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Good luck in your quest for a 2017. IMHO your reasoning for not waiting for the 18 is trivial, but to each their own.

Mike

link3721 likes this.
  5. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Active Member

I went back and looked through the pictures some more.

The 7th one down of the "spyshots" - there is a dark grey pickup truck on the right hand side of the picture. Looks like a new Nissan Titan...

6. AmpLighter

AmpLighter Member

@Mike V. My reasoning (to you) might be trivial, but after all it IS my reasoning and doesn't need to be explained. I have a right to stand by it.. so Must you continue to point this out to others?.

7. Mopartial

Mopartial Fits and Finishes Level III Supporter

True, true. One flaw we (all) have is that we like others to like what we like. Helps us feel better about our own biases.

AmpLighter likes this.
  8. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

I'm sorry you are offended. It seems that you expected people to rally behind your displeasure regardless of your comments/reasoning being based off inaccurate information. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way here on Allpar and plenty of info was posted to allow discussion of your dislikes that you did not acknowledge.

Life goes on... the JL is not for you, good luck with your JK purchase.

Mike

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    JKU12 and TripleT like this.
  9. freshforged

freshforged Active Member Level 2 Supporter

One thing I've found, if you want others to take you seriously here, it might be a good idea to take their constructive criticism to heart and critically rethink your position. You might end up at the same place, but in effect to plug your ears and yell "nah nah I can't hear you" really doesn't reflect well.

Mike V. likes this.
  10. freshforged

freshforged Active Member Level 2 Supporter

love the euro-spec hood:[​IMG]

is it available stateside?

Ruptured Duck and UN4GTBL like this.
  11. AmpLighter

AmpLighter Member

@freshforged isn't the 10th anniversary Rubicon hood the same thing as the hood above?.. if so they're still available from major sites like Quardratec or Extreme Terrain. shoot might even find a bargain hood from Rubitrux..

12. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Member

Illllll, gross.... Mike, you should flag/warn yourself for offensive postings, lol.

xjgary likes this.
  13. JKU12

JKU12 Active Member

When you come into a really cool thread about the new Wrangler and dump on it with your negative views about ESS and made up data about slumping Grand Cherokee sales due to ESS, then you're going to get the reactions you got. You are entitled to your ESS viewpoints. If that is a deal breaker, you are entitled to hold that opinion. But if you are going to post those viewpoints on a forum, you'll probably get some data about ESS to better inform you (and inform others who are just lurking). If you don't want those thoughts, then you can always just keep your thoughts private.

djDaemon, DAGAR, TripleT and 3 others like this.
  14. D0C

D0C Active Member

What makes this Euro-spec? Do they have some regulation only this hood meets?

15. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

This hood had been available on various JK specialty models in the US for several years. It is also available thru Mopar Parts

Mike