NewsDemon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon • Ram Longhorn to match trailers

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New JL Wrangler pics - now wearing less camoflage

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by corpcow, Feb 24, 2017.

1. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Active Member

Well, at least we finally have confirmation that the 2 door traditional Wrangler will continue. I do remember there being doubts about continued production in this generation, plus, I don't believe that there have been any spy shots prior to today. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

2. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Not the first one seen. :)

Mike

3. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Active Member

Thanks, Mike. Guess I missed the first one.

4. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

lol. Well where have you been for the past few months... welcome back!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DarkSky likes this.
  5. redriderbob

6. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

No worries. :)

7. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Active Member

Swear I hadn't seen those! I definitely heard the rumors though!

8. redriderbob

Well now you are up to full speed!

9. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Member Level 2 Supporter

So many JL threads not even sure where to ask this question....?

Anyway I'm swapping out my NSG370 6speed this weekend. Don't ask what they are charging for repair parts for these things. Lets just say it was cheaper for me to buy a 2015 used transmission with 24K miles than to try and buy the needed parts and have it rebuilt.
    The MB tranny has the first gear weak link (pops out of first) and is only going to get worst as the JK's get older. It was used in the TJ and the JK so my question is this. Will it continue forward in the JL? I would be OK if they had fixed the issue. I got 130K out of mine but it has been popping out of gear for the last 40,000 miles. Other than that I can't really say anything bad about it. Knowing I'm going to be buying another Wrangler in two years I think I would take the automatic over the 6 speed if its going to be the NSG370 again.

Side note: After 130K the clutch looks like it has another 30-40K on it. The throughout bearing is what made me go ahead and pull and replace.

10. zack_falcon

zack_falcon Member

I think I've seen some pics of a manual JL (mule).

The reverse gear is placed closer to the 1st than it is to the 6th (as it is with the JK). Could that indicate a new manual transmission, or not necessarily?

Ruptured Duck likes this.
  11. Bionicrooster

Bionicrooster Member

I don't know the answer to that but I am also curious. My JK has 155,000 miles on it with original clutch. Still going strong and has never had the JOG issue. My throwout bearing has been rattling away since about 50k though, I have heard thats common on the jk. Even though mine has been good, I am still hesitant to get another 6sp if nothing has changed...

12. link3721

link3721 Needs More Jeep Level 2 Supporter

The JL was shown with a different gear map on the shift knob (reverse on opposite side), so there's a good chance of a new manual transmission, possibly to handle more torque since the current manual is barely rated above the V6 output.

13. redriderbob

Zagnut27, zack_falcon and link3721 like this.
  14. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Member

If it is a different manual I think it will also be a good choice due to the fact that if they kept the current unit they would still be paying royalties to Daimler.

15. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

It's more than a royalty... Daimler still supplies the transmission straight out of Stuttgart.

Mike