AF: New JL Wrangler pics - now wearing less camoflage | Page 26 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New JL Wrangler pics - now wearing less camoflage

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by corpcow, Feb 24, 2017.

1. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Looks like I need to convince the wife I deserve a new JL before she gets her Durango Citadel.

UN4GTBL and Zagnut27 like this.
  2. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

It's 9:00AM ET...

wtxiceman likes this.
  3. corpcow

corpcow Active Member

4. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

As someone that deals with stuff for the Wrangler there is a lot of good and a lot of not so good stuff going on. For some that make a living on bread and butter items like grab handles this is not a good thing. Creative covers and other solutions will be available but until the JL is out there is no way to know where the aftermarket can help or improve. The built in rear seat grab handles have not officially been seen yet, but I still believe they are there. Seeing all the other spots it just makes sense.

I do like the interior. The color matched dash is something I do like. A nod to the older CJ's without looking retro.

5. Dr. Jeep

Dr. Jeep Well-Known Member

Looks very nice--a massive improvement over the JK's current interior.

Does anyone know how the push button start operates in 4x4 Lo Range? I have some concerns about this but I'm sure it's been well thought out.

Interesting to also see the 4 aux switches. Hope those are staying in production and we can assign things to them.

K-9 likes this.
  6. WhiteRhino07

WhiteRhino07 Member

I wonder what the long button in the overhead console is? It has a symbol and long string of text that I can't quite make out.
    1. Windshield release?
    2. Space for the power top.
    3. JLForums has spoke of CB radio pre-wire.
    4. Rear Hatch release (doesn't quite make sense with the tail gate & spare tire).
    5. 8 Track tape player?

Any other thoughts?

wvutuba likes this.
  7. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Perfect for C.W. McCall's "Four Wheel Drive".

8. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Looks to me like the passenger airbag warning light....

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

You know, I do have to wonder what happened to the two families of design Jeep was supposedly incorporating. Some vehicles were to follow after the Grand Cherokee, others the Wrangler. Is the Renegade the only Wrangler-styled vehicle we'll see? Jeep would do well to capitalize on the Wrangler's iconic styling...

10. Prabhjot

Prabhjot Active Member

The not-for-usa+canada JEEP a/b-suv (mainly for emerging markets, possibly for europe too?), below and smaller than the Renegade, nicknamed 'Jeepinho' by some in Brazil (new 'Jeepster'?) could be another one in the Wrangler-cues-with-decent-'capability'/ruggedness/etc line?

Intriguing, is it not, that FIAT in europe, is now following this dual-track explicit-branding, formal approach as well (in its own way.) The retrochic/etc 500+124Spider+Abarth line and the 'functional, value-for-money' (Panda, Tipo, vans) one as well. Learnt from JEEP's brand history?

@DarkSky

12soldier and Ryan like this.
  11. 12soldier

12soldier Well-Known Member

I'm voting #1 or #3. Now that these photos are out, how long before FCA gives us the real meat and potatoes? What shows are on the horizon for a reveal?

Attached Files:

12. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

I think that was first suggested by Bob Shieves back when the Comanderwas introduced. Nots hue if that's still part of the plan. Since then they declared the Wrangler a sub brand and are actively expanding to three and possibly four body styles.

13. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I remember it from around the time the Renegade debuted. Not sure if they plan to continue with that idea though.

freshforged likes this.
  14. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

So one of cool but ultimately very frustrating thing about moving to Michigan has been seeing camouflaged vehicles out and about. As I sit here at the Taco Bell in Lapeer MI, a camo-ed JL parked literally 6 spots from my truck. Before I could get a pic, they driver threw a cover over it. I'll try and get a pic when they leave.

#514 GasAxe, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Ruptured Duck and UN4GTBL like this.
  15. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

There was a JL and a JLU. Got a nice pic of the JLU but you can't see anything new. Still exciting for me!:)

xjgary and UN4GTBL like this.
  16. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

I shot this a couple of weeks ago...

17. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

IMG_0271.JPG
    Here's my spy shot. Wish I got one of the regular JL too.

Should I send it to MotorTrend and say it sounded like a Hellcat taking off?:D;)

18. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

When is this thing's debut supposed to be again? lol

UN4GTBL and Zagnut27 like this.
  19. WXman

WXman Active Member

What I'm interested in most at this point is technical data on the Hurricane engine option. Rumor has it at 240HP/270lbs.ft.

xjgary likes this.
  20. xjgary

xjgary Well-Known Member

Non turbo (i.e. Normally Aspirated) engines lose 3% to 4% of power for every 1000 feet of altitude gain. This engine will be very popular for people who operate at high altitudes. My guess is Jeep is going to follow Ford's strategy and make this the higher cost optional engine with the NA V6 as standard because the turbo 4 gets better mpg. The really big question is will it have the low end grunt needed to be trail worthy?

Zagnut27 likes this.