AF: New JL Wrangler pics - now wearing less camoflage | Page 29 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New JL Wrangler pics - now wearing less camoflage

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by corpcow, Feb 24, 2017.

1. j8jeeper

j8jeeper Active Member

2. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Like one of the posters on the site said, I'd like a green 4d...no wait...a black 4d...no wait...an orange 4d...yeah, that's it. Orange. Yup, obnoxious orange Flyers colors. My dream car right there! :):D:p

Edit: I just showed these pics to my wife and she said (a direct quote!), "Ooh, I like that! I could drive that!" Wow...I think a real tear just fell from my eye. :D:D:):)

#562 Zagnut27, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  3. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

I'll take my 2dr in sand plz!

4. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

It needs this to be the case. Stiffer springs and suspension setup is relatively easy to accommodate the increase capacity.

I do find it odd that the rumor has the vent missing and the body line break deleted from the JT. The Fender is an easy one I guess but to only have the body line break on the bed when it could be lined up easy to the JL body line is odd to me. Why do all new stamping for the doors as well as the B-post? In my opinion it doesn't make economic sense. I'm not in the loop so if it was done it must have a reason.

5. Ruptured Duck

The renderings are wrong. (1) you need room for the rear seat mounts and as rendered it would make for an interesting lower set position. (2) the latest mule images give us everything we need to know. the back of the cab comes down straight just in front of the rear flare.

Untitled.png

xjgary, UN4GTBL, wvutuba and 3 others like this.
  6. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

That's better! I thought so... Thanks Ducky!

xjgary and Ruptured Duck like this.
  7. Ruptured Duck

Well I'm guilty of applying that kickback in a few of my early renderings because it does look good. It is just one of those things that you step back from and go...... That's all wrong. I would be honored if I had somehow influenced someones drawings but at the same time would need to say that I'm very sorry for being wrong. :(

xjgary likes this.
  8. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I like the look a lot, it's just not usable for the interior.

It's hard for me to critic other people's renderings as my drawings of stick people haven't improved much since I was 8...

ScramFan, GasAxe, crmarczak and 4 others like this.
  9. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Lets hope the back door of them is also straight instead of angled like that, to make it look 'right' then. ;)

UN4GTBL, wilbur and Ruptured Duck like this.
  10. Ruptured Duck

I don't see them tooling up special JT rear doors either. I would guess some type of flare extension to help make it blend with the door angle. Again the mule images all show the current angled design. That's just my opinion, don't really know.

ScramFan likes this.
  11. suzq044

I figure, why not, since they have to do the trucks separately anyway, may as well do different rear doors. e.O -- then again, money matters.

12. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Well, since I just KNOW they're secretly putting a front clip on like the Crew Chief concept, then they might as well go all out and give it different doors too! I just put my fingers back in my ears so nobody can tell me different...Nyah Nyah Nyah!! :p

13. Ruptured Duck

If they did make a new door it would then justify the delete of the waste line break as rumored for the JT. Then again sometimes money doesn't matter... :)

suzq044 likes this.
  14. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

I forgot my other observation, I don't believe the gas cap will be behind the door, but at back quarter like it is now.

Wil

15. Ruptured Duck

The latest mule images show it just above the front of the rear flare. I think the Crew Chef really gave us a good bit of what will be going on. To solve the door line with the straight down cab the step insert solved the problem well. Would love to see this rather than a plastic flare extension. You also see the fuel door in the same basic spot as the mules. The Two version (4dr / 2dr) would have it in the same basic location. I even wonder if they will have different beds or share the same one?

Fuel doo.gif

edit: Now that I look at the way the mules have the lower cab area covered I think they may have that step there. Its a styling element they are keeping under wraps.

suzq044, ScramFan, Zagnut27 and 5 others like this.
  16. suzq044

[​IMG]
    Interesting. Though I'm not sure they aren't photoshopped/digital builds. where the back cover hits the body is too thickly shadowed. IMO.

The video about it... but if you pause the video, and look at the details, this is a CGi vehicle, not an actual shot of the actual trucks just yet. Especially since there are "plates" blocking the suspension at this point. They're CGi models.

In fact, someone in the YT comments asked, and were replied to:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOsMFPvwhgo

#577 suzq044, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    redriderbob and UN4GTBL like this.
  17. Ruptured Duck

Creative marketing. As the giveaway gets closer they will convert the adds. There is know way for them to already have accessories for it. Trust me on this one. It's interesting and a gamble for them to show these items mounted to the Jeep with no idea how long it will take for them to be developed. Either by their private label partners or vendors they resale. You have to be careful with these types of campaigns because someone might just make them supply them if not clearly stated otherwise.

18. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Cab is square. No on the flare. No gas full immediately after the cab.

Mike

#579 Mike V., Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    MadWasp, xjgary and Ruptured Duck like this.
  19. WhiteRhino07

WhiteRhino07 Member

In CAD renderings you can include reflective elements like pictures, landscapes, etc.. I am certain this is a CAD rendering based on the reflection.