Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member from Colorado.

Discussion in 'Welcome to Allpar!' started by Cody's Car Conundrum, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

Hey, my name is Cody (though my name probably gave that away instantly). I'm not entirely knew to Allpar as I've been checking the news site daily (with the exception of vacations) for about 4-5 years now. Truthfully I never really looked that hard into the forums (for reasons I don't fully remember). However it was in Late May that I got curious, browsed the forums and then I saw user RedRiderBob (I lurked before making an account) say that the 2006 Dodge Demon concept was "Much closer to production than most people think" and that one sentence really got me hooked on this website. The sheer amount of knowledgeable people really tempted me to make an account and so I have. Another sentence that intrigued me was a user (I don't remember the name) that said "We know the Hellcat is more than the sum of its parts."

Knowledge is power and what greater place to get the best in Mopar information than the place that leads the field in such information? I'm a diehard Mopar guy and this place is the holy grail of Mopar enthusiasts. Feel free to ask questions and I'll try to get back to them (though GRC is on right now so my response might feel slow). Thanks in advance.

2. Cody's Car Conundrum

Small Update: GRC ended. Subaru did far better than they've done for the past year (though that understeering on T1 was weird).

3. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Mopar fan since before 1964 when I got my license and a Plymouth. Visit other sites once or twice a year and I agree most comprehensive MOPAR site ever..

Welcome aboard!

4. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Welcome to Allpar, Cody. Do you actually own and drive a Mopar? Inquiring minds would like to know!

5. Cody's Car Conundrum

Thanks! I greatly look forward to future threads and encounters.

What Plymouth was it btw?

15 Yr old Mopar fans don't have the chance to own/drive Mopars yet :(

Although I've been looking heavily into 2015-2016 model year Darts for awhile now. And a Mopar CAI program a local community college to further my Moparcation. It's not all Mopar love without the products to back it up though, my Dad has a 90's Durango and has owned several Mopar products in the past (though he has also owned a bunch of other cars in the past as well).

6. jerseyjoe

First car a 1954 belvedere 4 door $35, second 1953 2 door coupe $25 without tires, took them from the first car. 1954 Convertible with pigskin interior $100, put a 54 dodge hemi in it, all in less than a year, next in 65 a 1957 Fury Golden Commando ran around ion that till I got my draft notice Christmas EVE! Never saw that car again, my brother traded it for a 66 Valiant was mine when I got out, Thanks Bro, traded that for a 1968 Satellite, 318 then a 1969 Super Bee 383, serial Chargers, one loaded next an 81 Charger drove me back to a 1968 Newport then I added a 1983 Shelby Charger. Restored my 1968 Charger, 1986 Le Baron coupe, First year Concord, Second gen Intrepid, Second gen Concord, Sebring, Jeep GC, 2007 300, still have that and 2009, Challenger,sold the 69 Charger and Shelby Gave my son the 68 Newport when I moved. Not sure what I'm doing next thinking a 1953 Desoto for me and another New 300 for the wife. I did own a 1954 Chevy Bel Air for 2 weeks a GM Christine!, cost me a girlfriend, the car constantly ripped her clothes!! Everyone is allowed a mistake.

7. jerseyjoe

Went on a 5 hour tour of the Rockies in a CJ Jeep, the view was tremendous.

Beautieful State, enjoy. :)

8. Cody's Car Conundrum

Mopar or no car huh? Haha. (Although that Belair seemed possessed :eek:)

Pikes Peak Hillclimb is on the bucket list of places to visit!

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  9. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

I've been up Pike Peak via the cog railway. Don't know that I'd want to drive up it.

I use to live in Lakewood, CO (west of the Denver metro area). Loved it. Wife wants to go back. Maybe when I finally retire (if ever).

10. Cody's Car Conundrum

That's the plan. Although it might not sound like such an awesome idea once I get around to actually doing it haha.

Lakewood does look to be very beautiful (and big). However I must confess that I had to look up where Lakewood was on Google maps (the closest I've been to Lakewood is Jeff CO). I'm currently in GVR (a small ways from DIA). And let me tell you, I-70 sucks. The only time it's not busy is at some 5 AM (or on "good" days). Speaking of I-70, they're apparently going to widen the section of I-70 by the Purina Puppy chow facility near "The Mouse Trap."

11. Doug D

Yeah, Lakewood covers a large area. I lived on Oak Street - a few blocks up from the 6th Ave Freeway. They were just acquiring the land for DIA when I moved back east. It didn't take much bad weather to shut down all but one runway at Stapleton.

12. Cody's Car Conundrum

Apparently that airport is supposed to become sort of bar eventually (I think). The runways are gone but the control tower still stands (and it's about the only thing still standing).

13. Doug D

Yeah, that's' what I've heard from my in-laws and my sister in law. They also said it's a long ride out to DIA from downtown - 25+ miles.

14. Cody's Car Conundrum

Considering it's mostly highway from Downtown to DIA it really isn't that bad. It only gets bad when I-70 gets backed up (which is most of the time). On a good day it might be 25 minutes to DIA (minus parking and checking in). On a bad day it could be an hour and a half to get there.

15. Doug D

I should clarify - anything over 5 miles (5-10 minutes) is a long way for them. Here in VA I'm ~60 miles SSE of DC - in a rural county. Nearest airport (Reagan-National) is roughly 80-90 minutes (on a good day), over 2 hours in heavy traffic. Dulles is 15 miles west of the beltway - again it can be roughly 90-120 minutes if traffic is cooperating (usually not). Easiest airport to get in and out of is Richmond (60 miles the other way), but it is not a major hub so most flights out of there cost more.

16. Cody's Car Conundrum

No offense, but I seriously don't get that. Switching gears, sounds like your near the middle of no where. Bet those snow covered roads (if it does snow) are fun.

17. Doug D

Yeah, pretty much, but that's how we like it. I couldn't afford to live near the city. Property values are 2-3x what they are out here in the "country". Plus I can't deal with city traffic - it would drive me nuts.

Actually, we don't get much snow. We are 30 miles east of I-95 and it's relatively rare to get deep snow. I think our average is about 10" and last winter was below average - I think we only got about 6-8" total. About every 5-6 years we'll get walloped with at least one 20" snowfall, but not on an annual basis. We have more concerns with thunderstorms and hurricanes than snow.

18. Cody's Car Conundrum

Eesh, and I thought Stapleton was bad for property value.

Also I couldn't imagine being in a hurricane. Tornados scare the living daylights out of me as it is.

19. Doug D

In the last hurricane to hit our area (Isabel) we experienced sustained winds of 88 mph with gusts to 100 mph with minor flooding. Fortunately not a lot of rain. Power was out for 5 days. Some areas of the county didn't get power restored for 7-10 days. The difference is a tornado is done in minutes - hurricanes last for hours.

20. Cody's Car Conundrum

Good grief.