Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member from Virginia

Discussion in 'Welcome to Allpar!' started by 85lebaront2, Jun 24, 2017.

1. 85lebaront2

Level 2 Supporter

I have been using Allpar as a resource for quite a few years, I think since I had a 1981 Omni Miser. My current project is a resurrection of my LeBaron K body convertible, VA license T2K-CAR. Screen name was chosen originally for eBay while buying a 1989 Garret T2 turbo. Original car was a 1985 Mark Cross convertible with a 2.6L Mitsubishi engine. After it cracked the head in 3 of the 4 combustion chambers it was time to move on, I had collected a few turbo bits, a 1984 and 1986 Laser engine/transaxle pair and picked up what I thought was a questionable 1987 T1 and transaxle. That one turned out to be the proverbial junkyard find, it was a T2 service long block with an RTV'd intermediate shaft seal drain hole. First clue was the 1-8-88 date cast on the block.

Car was totaled by a Mercedes-Benz ML320 in Feb 2009 but I kept the powertrain. 1986 was purchased as a parts car for the 1985, it will now be it's replacement.

2. Scrounge

Scrounge Well-Known Member

Welcome to allpar. I wish you a successful completion with your project. I recall reading that the 2.6 has a silent shaft chain, which makes timing chain replacement that much more time-consuming. The 2.2 should have a belt that needs more frequent replacement.

3. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Welcome to Allpar. There's a vast amount of information here. You just have to search or ask.

4. multimopes

multimopes Member

Welcome to Allpar. I had an 86 Dodge Daytona turbo Z that went over 300,000 miles! That 2.2 is a great motor!

5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Welcome to the forums.