AF: New Next-Gen Grand Cherokee Shots... | Page 14 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Next-Gen Grand Cherokee Shots...

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by redriderbob, Jan 19, 2020.

1. o_swas

Level III Supporter

2. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

I see it under the 2 row?

3. mopar22

Haven't we known for a while that it was gonna debut in something we weren't expecting?

4. turbonetic

turbonetic Active Member

You mean the grand wagoneer? Then they're going to spend a billion dollars re-crash testing the ram, wrangler, gladiator and grand cherokee?

5. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be too surprised given the upcoming merger and the fact that it isn't really needed will make Tavares take a long hard look at projects that serve little purpose. I've said this before, precious funds could better be spent on Hemi upgrades instead of a twin turbo inline six.

6. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

Tavares should have no say coming from a company that has no Luxury/Performance Brand or Division, nor any RWD Platforms.

7. turbonetic

turbonetic Active Member

It would have to exist in the first place for that to happen.
    Well he's set to be the new CEO, so he's going to have a say. Good thing about him is he's a racer and a legit car guy so he may just surprise us.

AvengerGuy likes this.
  8. mopar22

They're all going to need to get crash tested again at some point either way, my guess it, when it's time for their refresh, is when an engine like that will come into play. Hell Mazda is moving the 6 to red and having an i6 too now so if fca drops this engine all together they're messing up big time

MoparJoe likes this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I'm very excited about that. Car & Driver's rendering of a RWD Mazda 6 looks fantastic.

2023-mazda-6-rendering-1586539042.jpg

10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

It exists. It's reportedly been assigned to two plants.
    Engine programs take a LONG time.
    What's more, if it's meant for the Ram as the primary target (as I would expect), everyone else will have to wait. I have to say, I am a bit surprised the rumors include the Pentastar for the JGC at all, and suspect it will eventually be phased out as adding needless complexity over the four-cylinder.
    I was surprised to see the 5.7 Hemi at all.

This link has no real surprises -> Rendering: 2022 Grand Cherokee, and what we expect

Don't take formatting too seriously...

o_swas likes this.
  11. mopar22

It's not gonna make me switch from anything I currently have or want but it's good to see another rwd car will be out with an i6. My worry for Mazda is they're trying to go upmarket which I don't think will work for them long term since they do have some reliability issues and it's gonna be harder for people to stomach the cost of one of their cars now if they keep upping the price

12. turbonetic

turbonetic Active Member

Mazda has been on the move upmarket since Ford left to generate more money. They want to be an Acura level brand but as a guy I know that had 3 of their stores and sold all of them over the past 3 years said, the areas his stores were in would not support an Acura level brand or the prices they were starting to charge.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  13. o_swas

Level III Supporter

I personally think that looks really cool, but it looks more like how Giorgio-based Cherokee might look. Wishful thinking on my part I'm sure.

14. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

The WL will be distinguishable from the wk2. New front and rear facias, lighting etc. It seems the wheels and tires have been pushed further to the corners and I'm sure that the new platform. Overall the online rags keep speaking to a common topic that the WL74 is growing in size. I just don't see that. I think they're mixing the wl74 with the wl75.

UN4GTBL and cygnus like this.
  15. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

Its ok...besides the front and hood. Both will be flatter than the current wk2.

16. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

Screenshot_20200413-004623_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200413-004935_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200413-004104_Chrome.jpg these 3 images caught by autoblog are the new wl74 in just about finished form....body wise. Even the new headlights and taillights are visible. They aren't the same as the wk2.

17. cygnus

cygnus Well-Known Member

...what Autoblog spy photos are you referring to?

The photos you linked are of the Jeep Grand Commander that was released in China. Those specific spy photos are from Summer 2018 - 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Will Be All About Advanced Technologies - 2019 and 2020 New SUV Models (at https://suv2019.com/2020-jeep-grand-cherokee/ )

18. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

That’s definitely not a Grand Cherokee. @cygnus is right, it’s the Grand Commander.

thebluegoat and cygnus like this.
  19. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

Im sorry I've got so many spy shots I linked the wrong pics. They're all starting to look the same. ....

20. LordHobbit

LordHobbit Active Member

Oh good. I'm glad that isn't the new WL74. That picture shows the "Explorer bloat" that I pray will not be a part of the WL twins.

UN4GTBL, srtdrew and jclick like this.