AF: New Ram for Greater Texas | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ram for Greater Texas

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

2. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

Oh look more new stuff for wealthy people from FCA.

voiceofstl likes this.
  3. Ryan

The price on this package actually seems pretty great IMO for the content it offers.

FreeLantz and page2171 like this.
  4. tabutler

tabutler Active Member

With the Fed Chairman predicting unemployment could reach 20% this summer I would think FCA would be looking into low-cost packages and vehicles. Maybe saving the Journey and G Caravan.

JavelinAMX and aldo90731 like this.
  5. Ryan

That's not a forecast of the unemployment rate, it's a peek into what could happen in a worst-case scenario where the stimulus package isn't passed. An attempt to urge lawmakers to pass the package more than a real prediction.

FreeLantz and Zagnut27 like this.
  6. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

Thats doesn't mean most people can afford it. Which means they can't get excited or care about it. They're really turning their backs on anyone who doesn't want the luxurious stuff.

7. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper

I was about to say that. This looks like a Laramie at Big Horn/Lone Star pricing, to me.

Ryan likes this.
  8. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

$46k doesn't sound bad at all. For perspective, my 2005 Ram 1500 SLT stickered at $35k 15 years ago, and this looks nicer than my truck.

danbek, Ryan and Tony K like this.
  9. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

How do you come to the conclusion that Ram is turning its back on anyone who doesn't want the luxurious stuff merely because they're making luxurious stuff? Are they not making less expensive Ram trucks now? I'm pretty sure DS (Classic) answers that mail quite well.

danbek, dmcdonald, tlc and 1 other person like this.
  10. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

My 2015 Laramie was 51k sticker. And probably has about the same options. Except mine is 4wd and has rambox

11. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

Since the unveil of the hellcat the majority of news and sneak peeks from FCA have been on super high horsepower or high trim vehicles. They're hyping and showing nothing for guys with a regular budget. It's been Demon, widebody, expensive jeeps and now high end trucks. Where's the stuff for regular guys?

Not to mention, even the Ram classic becomes expensive if you're not sticking to the smaller cab ST line.

12. aldo90731

But FCA just unveiled the all-new Fiat 500 EV... >.<

13. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

G
    guys with a A”regular budget” ( really don’t know what that means exactly and I’m not rich myself) go towards the used market, OR ...you can just not option out base models to the gods *shrug*. Want A RAM 1500 for cheap with a V8?? They have the Tradesmen available with the 5.7.

Tony K likes this.
  14. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

I don't see a Tradesman on the Canadian site. Even a Ram Classic ST in one of the two "no charge" colours, choosing only Quad Cab and 4x4, is $50,490. The only real indulgence there is I added the 3.92 gearing for $125. Otherwise you're really getting an ancient truck that has been quite profitable for a long time.

It wouldn't be fair to say that someone with a family might need at least the quad cab to get the kids in, seeing as when you're spending a full years pay or more for a lot of people, it's probably your only vehicle. I don't know many people who drive 4x2 trucks in Canada. Maybe in BC.

Wouldn't exactly call it cheap. You're really not getting much, it's really old. There is definitely a lot more room to offer savings on the Classic line, especially in the low trim area. To me it's crazy people are taking loans potentially as long as the vehicle is in driving condition the way auto quality is these days. The payments aren't low either not even counting taxes and other fees. Not many people have big cash down to lower their payment.

Are we now going to say v8 trucks are only for people with healthy incomes? It's not like the 5.7 is new or limited production.

JavelinAMX and voiceofstl like this.
  15. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

You're confusing sticker price for what people actually pay. There are always rebates and discounts on trucks (and virtually every other vehicle, for that matter), so no one really pays the sticker price.

16. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

People that make 100+ a reay don't get laid off. Lay offs are for us pions.

jerseyjoe likes this.
  17. aldo90731

I am self employed, and the automakers are my clients.

I may not be laid off technically speaking, but I don’t have any income coming in all the same.

Still, I agree that government assistance should depend on HH income.

Ryan likes this.
  18. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

Buy a Chevy, there cheap...

19. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the Journey and G Caravan are being deep-sixed as I write this. Nobody is renting vehicles at the airport and all the rental companies have dumped loads of such vehicles on the used car market.

When the American auto market comes out of this the landscape will be drastically changed.

rmtodd likes this.
  20. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

@patfromigh, see allpar news from a couple of weeks ago for end of life story on J and GC