AF: Next gen large cars | Page 118 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next gen large cars

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by bramptonbodyshop, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee N. Burns

Lee N. Burns Active Member

Oh no... They don't get to say that.

Sometimes I think token efforts are only done to prove-a-point to one camp or another. You can't re-introduce something near the end of the run and say "See? It didn't work. Now we'll forever point to this as an example of failure". There are a lot of very refined players in this market. A 2020 (or whatever) SRT-like 300 would be handicapped by a number of factors... In addition to; marketing, market conditions at the time, MSRP, are all factors in the sales numbers as well as additional lesser-versions that sell if the reputation is favorable. But to do this correctly requires a lot of wow factor and a sustained effort to do it well.

UN4GTBL, suzq044 and DAGAR like this.
  2. jam1

jam1 Well-Known Member

OOOOO-OOOOO!!!!! THINK I GET IT! Wheels, hood, and what's behind the grill give the combo away?! SHHHHHH! Vewie intewesting! Saving money now for 2019!!

UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.
  3. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

I've been quietly annoyed at times on this forum when I see many complaints regarding sales, or wanting specific trims/vehicles built and yet the poster may not even drive a MOPAR product or have any intention to purchase what they're asking for. I can say confidently from the front lines that SRT 300s would sell without issue in my parts, and honestly, we would sell more 300 SRTs than Challenger or Charger.

UN4GTBL, MPE426HEMI, jimboy and 2 others like this.
  4. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

A lot of 300s vehicles suddenly appeared around here.

5. James A

James A Active Member

You have a point but I tend not to buy the first year of any new car, so leasing a 19' and getting into "G" car in 2023 or whatever is preferable for me. I do want to see the new rims too, heard that they are very nice. I'm not the biggest fan of what we have now outside of the blacktop.

6. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

Honestly I know a couple people with money that would buy a 300SRT and are current 300 owners. Even though is late in the current design cycle people may buy them at a better rate than the Charger due to its hasn't been around and most charger guys are not 300 guys. If they build it they will come.

7. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

Not if it kept the rotary dial they won't.

8. BobbiBigWheels

Honestly the rotary fits the Chrysler image, I'm not a fan of it in anything not Chrysler.

jerseyjoe and randy1911 like this.
  9. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

But does it fit the SRT product image?

10. BobbiBigWheels

A Chrysler 300 SRT does not fit the SRT product image.

11. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I don’t really think the rotary dial would make much of an impact on 300 SRT sales. It’s not that big of a deal.

12. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

I can give a rats a## about the dail and I'm pretty sure those considering the 300SRT the dail won't be a deal breaker. That's such a miniscule thing. Now that I think about it the dail actually works better with the Chrysler image and shows a differentiation of dodge and Chrysler. Bring on the dail.... Just make the car please.

thebluegoat, UN4GTBL, jimboy and 2 others like this.
  13. Howhigh

Howhigh Well-Known Member

It' really not that big of a deal. They can give the dial a more sporty look. It will still have paddle shifters.

It won' fit the SRT image but that's not an issue either since that's Dodge other than Jeep GC. It will have its own identity. Call it the 300 SR since there's an 300 S already, or 300C S or something. The gas mileage is almost the same as the 5.7 anyway.

The 300 deserves it. Still one of its segment leaders given the age of design and platform. Class never goes out of style.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  14. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

I kid you not, there was a time where I thought that Chrysler should try to keep some performance in the line up by introducing the "SR" trim level.

The SR stood for "Subtle Rage." Something I thought would fit with the image of Chrysler (or given their current state, the 300).

Howhigh and randy1911 like this.
  15. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

I like the sound of 300CSR or 300CR the CR stands for controlled rage on the streets but it's just a 300C racing edition. It pleases the masses and it pleases the bean counters. FCA please please make this happen you will have my money on day 1 of ordering.

Cody's Car Conundrum and Howhigh like this.
  16. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

Just call it the "C-392", I'm pretty darned sure everyone will know what it means, won't step on SRT or hurt the Dodge boys feelings.

Or the "Commando", or the "Commander in Chief"( my personal preference!) And get it on the lots, soonest!

I think there is a market for a 392 Chrysler, IF it's marketed to the right crowd, IF they do it as a Chrysler, Not a boy's toy like the Charger/Challenger.

17. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

Love the way C-392 sounds. It sounds like the classic Chrysler letter car concepts (like the C-200) whilst also giving a nice little nod to the extra performance this theoretical car would pack. I mean, it sounds like a TV Police Drama.

"Cell C392: Never look away."

jimboy, Zachary and randy1911 like this.
  18. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

Ok we got
    300C 392
    300CSR
    300CS
    300CR
    There FCA we got your names to choose from just make the car and we call it even lol.

suzq044 and Cody's Car Conundrum like this.
  19. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

300 Concorde

suzq044 and Zachary like this.
  20. bramptonbodyshop

bramptonbodyshop Active Member

It was considered but would have required a huge investment in new stamping dies for the roof and body side panels.

GasAxe and MPE426HEMI like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.