AF: Next gen large cars | Page 120 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next gen large cars

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by bramptonbodyshop, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howhigh

Howhigh Well-Known Member

The outside design of the export models are fine. The inside could use some higher and finer appointments than the 300c Platinum to give it some more differentiation.

Im sorry, its just my desire for chrysler to be near premium. (MY OPINION so please refrain from dogging my opinion. See that way to much around these parts)

Sport and luxury do mix! Dodge can be strictly sporty.

2. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

You are 100% correct, especially considering what they charge for it in those other markets...

UN4GTBL and somber like this.
  3. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

While I like some of the renderings, they are still too Dodge-like, IMO. Give us some subtle chrome, tufted or diamond sewn leather in more than just one color, real wood trim with real chrome, not plastic, spectacular but tasteful wheel/tire combo, make it sound real sexy and hot, but not noisy, and some stunning paint colors to go with... in other words a Chrysler, not a murdered out Dodge. The people who can afford this car are mature, well off, probably somewhat conservative, they don't want a boy racer, they want a gentleman's express. A car that can boogie with some style, not just do the splits. And that little C-392 chrome plaque on the front fender. Just to remind you!

4. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Of course I remember the 300 Turbine... first appeared in Detroit at NAIAS. Also was a 3.6L Pentastar car.

UN4GTBL, danbek and randy1911 like this.
  5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

300 Super S is an awesome car...

ScramFan and UN4GTBL like this.
  6. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

What is the regulations of purchasing a 300SRT from the Middle East and ship it back to the States?

7. valiant67

valiant67 ...

You probably need to buy a few, crash test one or more, emissions tests, etc. Not easy or cheap.
    Or wait 25 years.

8. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

You'd need to do an engine swap, the VIN wouldn't be allowed in the US as-is. Easier to find a wrecked SRT Charger to do it. Which people have done.

dfarc likes this.
  9. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

Let's just hope that FCA comes to their senses and bring the 300 back with the 392 engine so we don't have to resort to those work arounds. This is the first time I have hope it will be back for 2019 model year. Now FCA has let me down in the past but I have hope they will do the right thing.

aldo90731 likes this.
  10. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

If the 392 makes it back to the 300, I’d expect it to be too soft for a sporty car, but made to be impressive and imposing, kind of a status symbol. Not necessarily the fastest, but top of the range. As dodge is moving the rt uprange to include 392 and hellcat brakes and tires, we could just have the new 300c. The s line could get the slant 6 and base could have the 4cyl. Although now murky, the c designation is already established in the market, and could differentiate enough to bring prestige back to the brand.

11. Terrymc1

Terrymc1 Active Member

Absolutely. Just because I want the thrust & power of the SRT doesn't mean I want all of the seemingly mandatory alcantara steering wheel cover with a flat bottom, suede/alcantara seats, black carbon fiber trim on the interior and various fins/wings and smoked lenses on the exterior. Give me a "C" leather wrapped interior or better yet the top end Grand Cherokee interior in colors other than black with SRT power and I'll be beating down my dealer's door to order.

Lee N. Burns and jimboy like this.
  12. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

What are you driving now?

13. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

Listen some of you are asking for alot but I do understand your request thats why FCA should make two models of the 300 SRT one on the sport side and one on the luxury side
    A 300 Super S
    A 300 Super C
    Its a win win for FCA
    You make the super S exactly like the 2015 super S from sema but with a 6.4 liter not a scat packed 5.7.
    You make the super C a level above platinum model with the 6.4 liter. (kinda like a 300 summit like in a grand Cherokee)
    I dont care which one they build just build one of them I prefer the 300 Super S because a super C is not concerned with HP but a Super S is definitely about the horse power.

Lastly I love the flat bottom SRT steering wheel, its made for driving but if they could make a flat bottom srt steering wheel with two tone leather (ala 300 platinum) model that would be excellent.

14. Terrymc1

Terrymc1 Active Member

2012 Chrysler 300C (5.7).

15. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Why not a clean 2014 300 SRT?

16. Terrymc1

Terrymc1 Active Member

Lacks the design elements incorporated into the latest refresh though I have looked and low mileage 2014 SRT's (I have 15K on my 300 and I wouldn't want to go backward) are hard to find. I also like the idea of having a factory warranty. Basically, I just prefer to buy new. Currently I have Chrysler's max care or whatever it is called that runs until 7-2019 or 70,000 miles so I can wait to see what 2019 will bring.

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  17. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

I agree 100%.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  18. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Or just 300R

Ryan and randy1911 like this.
  19. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

Hey suzq044 I like 300R also. Just add it to the list of potential names, let just hope they build it. Question can you repost the red mock up to the redesign 300 you posted months ago with the portal rear end, I can't find it. Lastly if you had to photo shop a new 300 how would u build it, love ur mock ups.

20. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Later today I will moderate this thread to move the speculation and person preference to a more appropriate location in the forums.

Thanks,

Mike

suzq044 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.