AF: Next gen large cars | Page 121 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next gen large cars

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by bramptonbodyshop, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

Well I apologize in advance for putting my opinion and personal preferences out there, I got excited when hearing about the potential return of a car that I have wanted since 2015 refresh. I thought I was staying very close to topic, but I do also see where personal preference came into play slightly even though it did have to do with 2019 lx cars. I also see that some of it is rumor as there have been no concrete statements from FCA. So my bad in advance.

2. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

This thread is supposed to be about speculation and discussion of next-gen LX cars right? So most of it fits. I know it's turned into a bit of "Here's what I'd like to see from FCA" but at the same time, if FCA watches Allpar (Which I've heard they do) then this is a great way to get consumers into the ear of the heads in charge of bringing product to market.

I think the biggest reason the 2012-2014 300 SRTs flopped was price. They were 60k stickers, IIRC. That's a lot of money. Now, they did try the cores, but those had absolutely nothing in common with the other 300s because they had no leather even. It was still a hefty price tag to swallow when the Chargers cost the same, or less, and had the leather and suede heated seats at the same cost.

Nobody's asking FCA to take a loss, but the Scat Pack Chargers and Challengers are an epic example of responding to the market and bringing cars people want to buy. Doing the same with the 300 lineup wouldn't hurt. Would it help? That's a strong possibility.

UN4GTBL, randy1911 and suzq044 like this.
  3. Terrymc1

Terrymc1 Active Member

I too will apologize in advance for my recent participation and responses in this thread. It was nice to see some enthusiasm generated for the 300 as it seems its quite the Cinderella sometimes with most of the glory and attention going to its darling sisters. When the rumor of a possible 2019 300SRT was posted (isn't there a fine line between rumor and speculation) the responses from your user base are of course going to made through the lens of their personal hopes of outcomes should the rumor come to fruition. Regardless, I believe I understand what you're trying to do with the thread. It isn't the first time and won't be the last that a thread wanders from the strict topic of the original poster (just read the thread elsewhere on "Let's speak about the quality of our products...".)

The description of this section, "Mopar News," by the way, is "News and rumors about Chrysler Group and its brands (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, and Mopar.)." Maybe the term rumors should be removed. That might help steer much of this type of discussion into the "Rumors and Speculation" section where I assume you would rather have them. No matter... Allpar is a tremendous site with knowledgeable, insightful, and (usually) thoughtful posts. I appreciate your role in continuing to keep an eye on things here and serving the enthusiastic (sometimes over-enthusiastic) Mopar community. Thanks.

somber and Cody's Car Conundrum like this.
  4. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

The next few months we should see some type of Chrysler mules for the upcoming CUV, the 300 doesn't seem to fit their upcoming plans. With that said, if we don't start seeing those mules soon, then start dimming the lights. I'll give them till the Ram and Wrangler launches, if nothing shows up after that...........

5. dennisimperial

dennisimperial Well-Known Member

This gives me time to send my Black Suit to the cleaners....

UN4GTBL, wtxiceman and Adventurer55 like this.
  6. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

I can't see them bringing back a 392 300 for only one year unless its free or very close to free for them to pull off.

7. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

It would not be for one year it would be for two years until the 2021 redesign or model end and that's unsure right now also. Also next year is the 392 anniversary year so it's cause and possibility

8. Terrymc1

Terrymc1 Active Member

Don't they already build them for export? If so I don't see where there would be much additional cost unless FCA decided to actually pay for an ad campaign for the 300.

9. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

2018, 2019 and 2020 are the years left for LX, LC and LD. 2020 production should end four months early for update to Brampton and then all new generation will appear.

randy1911 likes this.
  10. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

If a replacement is due in another 2 years (roughly), said replacement vehicle should be pretty far along in development by now I would think if it were to arrive on time? Granted with FCA arrival times are worse than the airlines...ba doom boom! :)p)

11. Donte Lindsey

Donte Lindsey Active Member

Those cars flopped? What were sales projections?

12. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Keep in mind the new cars were delayed, so I assume a lot of work had already been completed. I also really hope they nail it with the new Charger and Challenger otherwise it'll be the end of an era, big time.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  13. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

Probably more than the 4k or so they sold across 3 model years (2012-2014) in the US. If they even hit 4k.

14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

It's not happening... sorry.

15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Screenshot_20171112-211340.jpg

(includes 107 CORE models: 6 for U.S. and 101 for Australia)

(NOTE: The 27 2015 U.S. models were pre-production only and not sold to the public. Chrysler decided to cancel release of the U.S. models due to sluggish sales).

GasAxe likes this.
  16. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

If it does not happen then it does not happen. If FCA does not make it then my loyalty is gone. It's probably my fault anyway for getting my hopes up but its looking like I'm done with FCA I'll get a ram because I hate Ford but my next sedan will be a genesis if FCA does not make the 300SRT in America

Donte Lindsey and OneGunzo like this.
  17. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

18. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level 2 Supporter

Chrysler doesn't care about your loyalty. They're not going to waste money building a car that would likely be a money losing proposition, despite how badly you may want it.

ScramFan and Adventurer55 like this.
  19. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Where were you when they were selling the 300 srt? Sorry but you're just like everyone else who says they want xxx car, people want the magnum back but the reason it went away was because it stopped selling

ScramFan likes this.
  20. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

I was driving in my 300 and buying my wife's 300s I was waiting on the redesign in 2015 and they canceled the SRT version in America

Donte Lindsey and wtxiceman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.