AF: Next gen large cars | Page 122 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next gen large cars

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by bramptonbodyshop, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

Fca don't have to care about my loyalty I'm just one customer, they can't please them all but I know what I will spend my money on and my my influence. My family has a fleet of FCA vehicles and because I'm the bread winner it's not just my cars but my son's my wife and my parents. So they don't have to care I'm sure another automaker will, I'm going to just wait to see what happens in 2019 and go from there.

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Sales didn’t fall off a cliff or anything for the Magnum until the abbreviated 2008 model year when the end was announced . More than poor sales, it was probably a combination of adding Challenger and that Magnum was higher cost to make.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  3. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Had they kept the much better looking Magnum, sales would've went back up. Had it got the 2011 update it would be selling well I'd think.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  4. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level 2 Supporter

They still don't care. No other manufacturer is going to care about your 'loyalty' either. To think that another manufacturer will is wishful thinking. I fully support voting with your wallet like my brother did. Drove Chrysler products until they didn't make what he wanted. Then he bought from another manufacturer until they did. If I were to buy another new car it would likely be a FCA product because they offer something I want, but if they didn't I'd have no problem walking across the street to someone who did.

If someone wants a V8 RWD sedan, and don't want a car from an Asian or European manufacturer, their choices are pretty limited.

If they had made the Magnum with the 2011 Charger styling cues there would be one sitting in my garage today instead of a Charger.

5. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Same.

(only replace Charger with Caliber)

6. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

It’s true that FCA, and other auto manufacturers don’t care about the opinions of the individual. Unless those opinions are shared by a significant number of other individuals. Most companies are this way unless they cater to individual customer’s custom needs/wants. I’m sure there are custom companies out there that will build you anything you want...but you’ll pay for it.

7. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

True; I think it's also the way that the dealer network works. They determine, for the most part, what sells. Because that's what they put on the lot. Very few people (comparatively) order a car and are willing to wait weeks for it to be delivered, unless it's a special-vehicle like Demon, or Viper, etc.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  8. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

You are going to go from a 300 SRT to a Hyundai??? I'd be looking at lightly used E63's instead....

BEEAH likes this.
  9. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Customer loyalty can’t be dismissed so easily. Especially in mature markets like ours, where the bulk of sales are to older buyers who have owned a vehicle before.

To give you a sense of proportion, over 50% of Toyota and Honda sales go to households that already own those brands. FCA’s proportion is about 25%.

This difference brings huge financial implications:
    1. Loyal customers are much more profitable because they easier and cheaper to retain. Conquests require significantly more spending in both marketing and incentives. This is a key part of the reason Toyota and Honda require lower incentives than FCA, Ford and GM.
    2. Loyal customers tend to stay through thick and thin, bringing stability to the sales cycle. Conquests come and go with economic cycles, adding volatility to sales. This is why FCA sales tend to grow faster during times of economic growth and contract faster in downturns.
    3. Loyal customers are more willing to forgive quality and service issues, providing a virtuous cycle of word of mouth recommendation that helps grow the franchise. Conquests are more critical of quality and service issues, providing a vicious cycle of negative comments that hinder growing the franchise.
    Customer loyalty is fostered by many elements. But the primary ones are:
    • Product quality. Not needing to make unexpected repairs, and owning a product that holds together well to the end of its useful life are the best endorsements for repurchase. This is the basis of the loyalty Toyota and Honda enjoy. Nothing kills customer loyalty like being unable to trust the product.
    • Product safety. A distant second to product quality is product safety. In the eventuality of an accident, surviving it unscathed can be a powerful reason for repurchase. This is the basis of Subaru’s strong customer loyalty.
    • Product/brand continuity. Customer loyalty erodes when automakers engage in dropping nameplates and discontinuing brands. Even repositioning makes and models unnecessarily tends to alienate existing owners and erode customer loyalty. This is basis of the strong customer loyalty towards perennial nameplates like Civic, Accord, Corolla, Mustang and Wrangler.
    • Product performance/capability. Building a solid reputation for delivering unique levels of performance and capability are the foundation underpinning the enviable customer loyalty of F-Ford Series, Ram pickups, Chevrolet Silverado, Jeep Wrangler and Porsche 911.
    • Customer service. A reputation for outstanding levels of service, like that offered by Lexus and Buick dealers, can entice customers to stick with their brand despite uninspiring product offerings.

#2429 aldo90731, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  10. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

Please understand after buying many many FCA vehicles I completely understand FCA will not cater to me or anyone else. No major automaker could. What I was implying was voting with my wallet and influence. I have purchased ten plus FCA vehicles in my 40 year life but I have helped or assisted another 20 plus sales from family and friends toward FCA vehicles. Most loyalist recommend the maker they love. I know as a customer all I can do is vote with my wallet and my influence, and I have no other inclinations that loyalty plays a roll with manufacturers.

Lastly the reason my distaste will emerge if they don't make a 300SRT is I was told by someone in FCA on two occasions that the reason for not making the 300SRT and the reason that FCA wants to move Chrysler away from near luxury is Maserati and how the media and PR will effect Maserati.

I know everyone will say no its the 300srt sales but this person works for FCA and has no reason to lie let alone that it makes perfect sense sales wise. A 300SRT that's given GC Summit like materials and attention sold in America will make a person that's not a snob
    Double take. Why buy a ghibli for the same price of a 300SRT when the ghibli has less hp and 90 percent same amenities, repairs and maintenance cost twice as much. I know this comment will be contested by sales numbers and certification cost etc. But this this was told to me in 2015 when the Ghibli had a strong reception and the redesign 300 is canceled for America and again recently.
    So if it does not happen I choose with my wallet and my influence, I know my loyalty ain't worth 1 cent I'm not under any understanding that it's worth more.

11. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Sorry, but maybe it's time to check out the Charger SRT392? Because I am telling its not happening. The current Grand Cherokee SRT will end in 2019 and all performance Jeeps from that point on are Trackhawk models. Dodge will be the NAFTA market's strictly performance brand from FCA US.

ScramFan and Ryan like this.
  12. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

I know you are telling the truth @redriderbob and thank you for answering some of my questions. I'm just so disappointed in FCA, and the Charger look and design I couldn't live with. I couldn't pay 50 plus grand for a car that I believe is 60 percent what I want. The exterior look, the feel and the dash design of the charger is unforgivable to me. I know alot of people like it I just hate it.

somber likes this.
  13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Wagons have never sold too well in recent decades unfortunately. Because I love wagons. But thanks to our pals at WKJeeps.com we have all the original SRT production numbers for SRT8 models and Magnum SRT8 was not as good of a seller as you would think...

LX1SRT.jpg

LXDSRT.jpg

LXMSRT.jpg

WK1SRT.jpg

LCSRT.jpg

14. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Go drive one... it’s a great car.

Mike

15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

16. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

As someone who was a bit disappointed with the lack of “premium” materials in the Charger, the 392 engine more than makes up for that difference. There is no other sedan with the presence and attitude of a Charger 392.

UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.
  17. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

You’re a family man, does it work well with kids? I’d consider one as a replacement for my Mustang if for some crazy reason I don’t end up with a JLU/JT. Of course by the time I’m ready to purchase the next gen should be out....

18. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

I have I took your advise when u told me last time I love the mechanics, I mean I really love the mechanics but I hate the materials, look and feel, I also love the price but I wasn't happy with the design and look. It didn't give me the smile that I anticipated. Now if I close my eyes it was perfect but you can't live life blind when you can see.

somber likes this.
  19. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

[​IMG]

The 2018 Chrysler 300 S with the Sport Appearance Package is no slouch. Mopar offers the "Scat Pack Performance Packages" for the 5.7L HEMIs still. I have the Scat Pack Stage 1 package on my car which bumps the 5.7L HEMI to 400 horsepower with a CAI, Mopar cat back exhaust and a special PCM. The other two kits get into the internals of the 5.7L HEMI and the car will make around 440 horsepower and be factory back with a warranty.

[​IMG]

Scat Pack 1 Kit delivers sizeable power and torque gains along with improved performance drivability and a more throaty exhaust note.

“This is a great option for owners who want to add a mild level of customization and personalization,” Simpson said, adding that the Stage 1 kit can typically be installed in four to five hours. “It really opens the door to performance tuning.”

✓ Powertrain Control Module

✓ Cold Air Intake

✓ Cat-Back Exhaust

✓ Performance Oil Filter

✓ Two Scat Pack 1 Badges

NOTE: The Scat Pack 1 shaker hood package does not include the cold-air intake. Chrysler 300 Stage Kits do not include badges.

[​IMG]

Further dialing up the dynos, the Scat Pack 2** Kit features a performance camshaft and valvetrain to add even more HP and torque over the stock 5.7L HEMI® engine.

“This is where the valvetrain and designing the proper springs was essential,” Simpson said. “We developed an engineering and validation process specifically for our performance valve springs, and we believe they are the best on the market.”

✓ Performance Camshaft

✓ Upper/Lower Gasket Set

✓ Heavy-Duty Pushrods

✓ Valve Springs

✓ Tie Bar Kit

✓ Two Scat Pack 2 Badges

NOTE: Requires Scat Pack 1 kit. Chrysler 300 Stage Kits do not include badges.

[​IMG]

Combined with Scat Pack 1 and 2, the Scat Pack 3** Performance Upgrade Kit utilizes high-flow CNC-ported and polished cylinder heads and Apache (SRT®) exhaust manifolds and catalysts.

“We tested a lot of different head ports on the market and a lot of them are either race-only applications or not really affordable,” Simpson said. “We extensively tested our heads on chassis dynos and on the track, and feel our porting design is the best of all of them.”

✓ CNC-Ported High-Flow Cylinder Heads

✓ Gasket Set

✓ 6.4L Apache (SRT®) Exhaust Manifolds and Catalyst

✓ Mounting Brackets

✓ Hardware

✓ Scat Pack 3 Badges

NOTE: Requires Scat Pack 1 & 2 kits. Chrysler 300 Stage Kits do not include badges.

So you could have a sporty 300S performance car and a unique one if that.

danbek and Thom Paré like this.
  20. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

The Laguna Leather is quite good.

I really like mine, maybe someday I will get it back.

Mike

Ryan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.