AF: Next Generation Charger News: | Page 25 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Generation Charger News:

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by redriderbob, Jul 8, 2016.

1. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

there is plenty of air
    some stuff has been shown within 6 months especially with a model that will be next the same size. It ok to think what you want. JL was a prime example they were running around every were dressed like JKs

#481 TripleT, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  2. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

What if there are some out there disguised so well that nobody has thought to photograph them?

TripleT likes this.
  3. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

No they don't exist because no one has photo graphed one yet. :rolleyes:

danbek and Ryan like this.
  4. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level 2 Supporter

Seems Plum Crazy has been available almost every year since I got mine. *sigh*

5. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that the 2011 Charger and 2015 Charger were both shot multiple times a year before they debuted, same with Challenger. Remember, these two were originally supposed to be coming out right now, so unless everything changed they have been developed already and have for a few years now.

6. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

Wait because no one has shot a picture of the model, which actually right now can get you fired. They don't exist? So it bad that they are doing a better job disguising and keeping under wraps new models. No one has seen the new Chrysler CUV either and its just waiting for implementation. For all you know its already been out and about and just not noticed. When they were shot matter... if there are pictures it because they let there be pictures to build excitement. With the Red eyes that is un-needed. Man this place .... it also should occur to people with the greater computational power less forward prototyping is needed.

sickboy, freshforged and Ryan like this.
  7. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

As an example look of what they're doing now. Look at the gran commander as an example. FCA is using that body as a test mule in the states. Or even another case is the Cherokee with the black camo on the rear blocking out some pretty important info. Challenger hellcat was disguised as a nitto/liberty walk challenger other then a manufacture plate. HD rams for the longest time weren't even looked at till they started getting their new front ends put on. Or in another case there are ram trx mules running around too

TripleT likes this.
  8. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Nope.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll stick with what they've been doing for decades instead of some dream where you think they no longer have to R&D the cars before putting them into production. Even if your theory was correct we'd have seen a butchered Giulia or Ghibli by now. Remember, we're talking one year before production debut, all new models. They drive them, millions of accumulated miles and they get covered up and driven, shot and speculated on. Everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#488 EVOL, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  9. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

that you can't use your google machine and find a photo means what? Come on say what you mean. "I can't google a picture ..... so......". I can post google released models so........."

10. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

That's a good question. Floor, firewall, suspension attachment points... That's usually fixed. Also for a FWD car front axle to firewall distance is fixed. All other can be changed and we will still call it the same platform as before. If you ask me that's a lot of possible improvements.

12 months. That's a time necessary from a first mule sighting to a start of production. If you see a one...

11. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Interesting...

Do you think all spy photos taken are published?

Do you think every prototype vehicle has to be R&D’d on public roads?

You do understand that Chrysler has multiple, massive proving grounds in the US and abroad that are 98% closed off from public eyes?

You do understand that Chrysler takes vehicles to closed race courses with limited knowledge for course employees where they ask the facility employees to sign binding NDA’s and actually take possession of cell phones of employees temporarily or give course employees paid days off as part of the agreement?

You do understand that entire vehicles can be designed, built, tested, and even canceled while within the confines of the CTC and the vehicle is never seen by the public?

I can name three vehicles in the last decade that were designed, assembled, tested, and canceled/put on hold at the CTC but no photographs were ever taken by any spy photographers. As far as the public is concerned, they never existed.

Mike

#491 Mike V., Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    AvengerGuy, MoparJoe, Manic59 and 9 others like this.
  12. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

NO, if you can not google a picture then it didn't exist. It the tree falling in a forest argument.

13. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

That is interesting.
    Can you tell me these vehicles?

14. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Absence of evidence is not evidence for absence.

Orrrrrr...one could just be stubborn like a mule...:p

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmrd1MbNkFs

Hemidakota, Ryan and TripleT like this.
  15. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

If nobody's going to DM me a pic of a widebody redeye Charger mule, then what are we even doing here!??!

Manic59 and James A like this.
  16. Mike V.

Sorry, that’s not possible, no Charger Redeye. ;)

Mike

BobbiBigWheels and TripleT like this.
  17. Mike V.

But if a bear poops in the woods...

Mike

James A and TripleT like this.
  18. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

I'm losing my mind.

James A likes this.
  19. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

No widebody redeye Charger for you. Just a carry over with 2 extra cooling scopes.

20. Mike V.

;).

Mike