AF: Nitto n555r | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nitto n555r

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by sickboy, Jul 17, 2018.

1. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

been looking into picking up a set of Nitto n555r’s for the rear of my 392 Daytona. Size 305 35 20. Seen them on other people’s cars and talked a bit to some about it,
    -but-
    The fitment chart on Nitto’s website calls for a 10” minimum rim. Mine is 9.5. I could and would consider a separate set of rear rims, but would like to pick the brain of anyone currently running this set up. My main concern is whether there is a safety issue while cornering. As in should I really invest in a dedicated set up for the strip and swap out as desired.
    They also list a 275 tire that would end all discussion, but I figure go big or go home. That being said, anyone run the 275’s?

2. sickboy

Time is getting short. I have done a bit more research and decided against drag radials as all seem to warn against moving in temps below 15deg. Although the car is stored during winter, garage isn’t heated, and I can’t guarantee I won’t have to move it.
    So. I now have to find a replacement for the Pirelli all seasons. The lateral grip is fine, but the hydroplaning is not ok. What I need is a good wet/ dry tire. I would like better traction on acceleration, and treadwear isn’t that large of a deal.
    I’m leaning toward p-zero summer tires, Continental extreme contact, or nitro 555g2. Any personal experience? Any idea of fitment for larger sizes? Any suggestions?

3. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

I put the 275 on my scatpack, they are atturo tires. Made quite a difference over the 245's but the car can still overpower them.

If i had the money i would get wheels that i could run the 315's without any rubbing issues.

The 315's will rub the plastic fenderwell on stock rims if you corner quickly.

4. sickboy

I see they have an at850 and at800. To be honest, I’ve heard of them but not familiar.
    I’m on a 9 1/2 in rim, and just about every tire company says it’s recommended a 10 1/2in rim for a 305. But because I’m scraping the idea of a drag radial, I’ll most likely go for 275s all around. I’ll research Atturo though, thanks for the suggestion

5. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

Its a low price tire, so far they have been good to me.

I mainly drive my car like a sane person though :D

6. sickboy

Just pulled the trigger on nitro 555G2. Had an 80$ rebate to boot. Just got zl1 addons rock guards (super simple install) to combat the stickier rubber. Also got a tazer to help burn off the old shoes.

wtxiceman likes this.