Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Interior Lights

Discussion in 'PT Cruiser' started by Lunyty, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Lunyty

Lunyty New Member

I have no interior lights,,,,2002 PT Limited,,,no lights on dome or map lights,,fuses for interior and and overhead console good,,,,im stumped,,any help much appreciated

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. Is this happening with all 4 doors? If you push on the lens, does it click the light on?
    Remove a lens cover and check for power and/or ground at the bulb. The Pk wire is power, the Yl wire is ground.
    Diagnostics for this should be on p. 203 here:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Service Manuals/2001_PT_PTCruiser/01PTEB.PDF
    Body Verification tests, simple wiring diagrams, connector pinouts and wire colors are in the back of the Body Diagnostic Procedures book.

3. Lunyty

Lunyty New Member

no power at the map light switch sunroof does not work,no compass,but have 3 or 4 hot going into overhead console,,and no power at dome

4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The Pink wire is the power to the dome. Is it live with 12 volts? It is powered by fuse #13 (10A) under the hood. Is there power on both sides of this fuse?
    The map/reading lamps Pk wire turns into Bk/Yl just before the lamps and is powered by fuse #14 (20A).
    Fuse #14 also powers the sunroof and overhead console on Yl/Rd wires. Is there power on both sides of this fuse in the Run/Acc key positions?
    If you have power going in to the overhead console, have you lost the ground(s)?
    The link that I sent in my previous post is for a 2001 PT and there are some differences.

5. Lunyty

Lunyty New Member

when i pulled the dome i noticed a ton of moisture on the back side of the headliner,,(damn sunroof cars )...i guess i'm going to pull the headliner tomorrow when its not pouring rain,and check the drain tubes,,,,do you know if the ground is somewhere on the under the roof,or door post ???if worse comes to worse,i.ll run the hot + ground wire at trunk light because it still works with the door,,but i think i have no ground at overhead or dome.... having no ground at overhead obviously makes me think ground

6. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

If things got wet, there may be corrosion. Shoving a stiff wire down the drain hoses may clear the debris. If there are trees around, this drain plugging issue is common.
    The Yl wire is the 'ground' side of the dome lamp. If you ground this side with a jumper wire, the lamp should light.
    The other grounds may be Bk wires. They may be screwed to a ground in the dash or kick panel area.