AF: Not debt free any more | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not debt free any more

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Beentherebefore, Apr 22, 2020.

1. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

It was $1.88/gallon at Fred Meyer —the local Kroger grocer— minus my $0.03 discount. I think I saw a $0.20 spread from regular to premium.

#41 aldo90731, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  2. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

My Mustang drains a battery pretty quickly, about a week. I had installed a cut-off switch, but I left the switch “on” because I was testing the battery every morning to see if it was draining. I seemed to be doing ok, and then I didn’t check it for a week and the battery was completely dead. I have a trickle charger, but I didn’t want to use it with an extension cord until I got a more reliable cord...by the time I did, it was dead and the charger won’t charge it.

Ugh...I hate electrical problems.

I’m headed over in a few minutes to get a new battery...the dead one is only a month old!! I’ll ask if it can be saved, but I have a feeling it’s too far gone, sitting fully discharged for probably a week. For peace of mind, probably better to replace anyway. It’s going to the shop tomorrow to diagnose the drain issue.

Ugh again.

3. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

I think it's a combination of the standard factors and bank specific factors that they then do an individualized refactoring on - IOW, depending on a number of different criteria, one person's score might rely more heavily on one set of factors, whereas another person's will be somewhat different. The big misunderstanding some are under that may explain the differences is that FICO does not factor in age, employment status, asset, or income. IOW, FICO scores your credit performance, not your creditworthiness potential.

I've had problems with both of my MOPARS, but apparently it's mostly a function of having old or just bad batteries that leads the computer to outright kill them in a manner of a week or two. Suggest trying merely removing the "Ignition-Off Draw" circuit fuse, and see if that's sufficient to keep the battery from being sapped. The advantage if that works is you don't have to carry a wrench/pliers to do it.

4. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

This was my understanding talking to the bank about this very recently. The hinted my lifestyle was different when I bought the house vs refi. Well I make more money then back then, I have a better credit score back then. But we also have a child now. I suspect the Mrs being a SAHM and the baby is the deciding factor.

Tony K likes this.
  5. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I have a screw-thing on my Valiant to disconnect it easily when it's not going to be used for a while. It has a small battery drain, nothing beyond spec, but still... I have no idea what uses battery on a 1974 Valiant when the ignition is off. There are no lights on when it's sitting around (the trunk light switch was bad when I got it, I disconnected the trunk light entirely and never restored it.)

Zagnut27 likes this.
  6. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Thanks, l currently do my banking at a CU so maybe that will help. My wife, who works in the dental field is 9 years from SS and my main income is from a state pension, plus I work for one of the big box home improvement stores. In a year and a half I'll be 62 and even though it's reduced because of my pension I'm going to start my SS then cut back a bit on my hours at work. I want to finish the house before I become too old to enjoy it.

Tony K likes this.
  7. Bill Sample

Bill Sample Well-Known Member

Fuel prices - I'm lucky enough to live near a new gas station that has ignited a price war near exit 28 on I 84 in Southington CT. A new Go Happy opened, prices at a Fleet station down the road bottomed at $1.15.9 - they're now up to 1.25.9. I feel like looking for a Hemi top celebrate!

8. ShawnP

ShawnP Active Member

I got mid-grade yesterday in the Louisville area at 1.29 with fuel points.

I'll enjoy this low gas.

9. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

That sounds like the one I have. My brother told me about it, because ironically his 94(?) Mustang also drains the battery, and he doesn’t drive it frequently so it makes sense to use a cut-of switch. Here’s the one I have:

519181E4-FB5C-474A-853B-EF392BBC6825.jpeg

freshforged likes this.
  10. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Jealous, still almost $3 here for 89. But better than mid 4's! Filled up the Durango for the first time in over 6 weeks just the other day. And that's with the two Jeeps being 100% parked. Crazy times.

aldo90731 likes this.
  11. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Prices locally are $1.45ish (87 octane). I've only spent $10 on fuel this month (telecommute daily). Only time I go out is to take daughter to work (twice a week 1 mile away), go to the dump and to the store. Probably won't have to get more gas for another week or so.

12. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Had one very similar to this on the old (h)El Camino.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  13. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Similar here, I swear, walla walla has insanity high prices—even regionally.

14. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

I just paid $1.75 for Premium 91 octane in Wisconsin. Last week one station in the State made National news as the lowest in the Nation at 75 cents a gallon for Regular grade. Most are around $1.25 gallon

15. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

That's the gizmo, or at least something similar to it.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  16. tabutler

tabutler Active Member

I filled my RAM 2500 6.4 on Sunday for $35. It was 1.359 for mid-grade in Coastal Georgia. Normal fill-up would be over $70. I was very pleased.

17. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I dropped the Mustang off this morning to be fixed and they called me a couple hours ago with an update. There were some minor issues with the front suspension, no biggie, and they discovered that the electrical issues were being caused by the Sync module/radio not going to sleep. Ford doesn’t make the necessary parts anymore, but they called around and found what I need and can probably have everything done by tomorrow.

So, suspension fix is nice. A working radio will be AWESOME. But the fact that I was actually right about it being the Sync module/radio being the culprit...holy cow, I was RIGHT, how often does that happen??!! I may not get to enjoy it for long, because that may just be one of the horsemen of the apocalypse. :D

Dave Z, tlc, aldo90731 and 2 others like this.